The global glass filled nylon market is estimated to cross USD 13 billion by 2028. Rising automotive and electrical & electronics industry in developed as well as developing economies coupled with increasing research & development activitie
Nylon is one of the most important thermoplastics for technological applications. Glass-filled nylon (also known as glass-filled plastic) is a form of nylon that is filled with glass. It's a plastic material that can be molded to suit a variety of uses. Glass-filled nylon is used in injection and compression molding to create a wide variety of structural parts. Glass-filled nylon has a high dimensional stability, excellent mechanical damping properties, and excellent fatigue tolerance. Over the projected timeframe, both of these properties are predicted to raise market concentration.
Glass Filled Nylon Market Scope
|Forecast Unit||Value (USD)|
|Revenue forecast in 2028||USD 13 billion|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 5.5% during 2021-2028|
|Segment Covered||Type, Application, Manufacturing Process, Regions|
|Regions Covered||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa|
|Key Players Profiled||BASF SE, Lanxess, Asahi Kasei Corporation, Ensinger GmbH, Royal DSM N.V., Dowdupont Inc., Arkema, SABIC, Evonik Industries, and Ascend Performance Materials. Other prominent players operating in this industry are Fukuang International (HK) Limited, Steklonit Jsc, Emco Industrial Plastics, Inc., Nylatech, RTP Company, Akro-Plastic GmbH, Radici Group, Domo Chemicals, EMS Grivory, and Quadrant.|
Key Segments of the Global Glass Filled Nylon Market
Type Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Polyamide 6
- Polyamide 66
Application Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Electrical & Electronics
Manufacturing Process Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Injection Molding
- Extrusion Molding
Regional Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global glass filled nylon market.
- Glass Filled Nylon is widely used in automotive and electrical & electronics, owing to their excellent properties and the market is expected to gain traction over the coming years.
- With the growing demand for electrical & electronics industry, the market is further expected to have a positive opportunity in near future.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global glass filled nylon market includes qualitative insights such as drivers, restraints, challenges and opportunities
- Additionally, the market has been evaluated using the porter’s five forces analysis
- The study covers qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of type, manufacturing process, and application. Moreover, the study on glass filled nylon market provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments
- The study includes the profiles of key players operating in the market with a significant global and/or regional presence
Who should buy this report?
- The report on the global glass filled nylon market is suitable for all the players across the value chain including raw material providers, manufacturers, distributors, and other intermediaries
- Venture capitalists and investors looking for more information on the future outlook of the global glass filled nylon market
- Consultants, analysts, researchers, and academicians looking for insights shaping the global glass filled nylon market
s by key manufacturers operating in this industry to enhance the product and offer suitable product portfolio for wide range of applications are expected to propel the market in coming years. Additionally, glass filled nylon properties such as high degree of hardness, enhanced mechanical efficiency, high degree of toughness, and high rigidity will increase market concentration of glass filled nylon over the forecast period. However, the excessive cost and simple availability of alternatives in the industry are the key factors limiting market development.
Nylon yarns, thermoplastic resins, and fabrics are the most common types of nylon materials. Glass-filled nylon is made by mixing powdered glass into nylon resin or extruding glass fibers into the plastic. Mechanical properties of glass-filled nylon include high tensile strength and low shrinkage at higher temperatures. It has a high hardness as well. These properties are encouraging their use in the production of technological parts for industries such as automotive and aerospace that demand high heat distortion temperatures and low abrasive wear.
Glass-filled nylon is made from a raw fiber called nylon that has been blended with powdered glass. The mechanical properties of glass-filled nylon include design stability, longevity, chemical and break resistance, and low shrinkage. Its characteristics make it suitable for parts in the automotive and aerospace industries that demand low abrasive wear and high hardness. The glass-filled nylon has a high flow rate and can fill molds quickly. Blow molding, injection molding, extrusion blow molding, and injection stretch are some of the techniques used to make the part. Glass-filled nylon is 80 percent stiffer and has a 70 percent higher tensile strength than standard nylon.
The biggest end-use market for glass filled nylon is automotive. Glass-filled nylon is an excellent option for reducing automotive weight. Because of its ease of mass manufacturing and molding, it is rapidly replacing metal parts in the automotive industry. Polyamides are also less expensive per unit than metals, making them a cost-effective option. Automotive engine caps, components inside the engine compartment, and under the hood of cars are all made of glass filled nylon.
Because of its widespread availability and low cost, Polyamide 6 is the most commonly used glass filled nylon. It also has excellent tensile strength, thermal strength, and chemical resistance. Glass filled nylon based on polyamide 6 is commonly used in the automotive and electrical and electronics industries due to these properties. Increasing demand for reducing overall weight of the vehicle is expected to increase glass filled nylon market concentration over the forecast period.
Due to the availability of low-cost labor and raw materials, Asia-Pacific is expected to be the largest and fastest-growing glass filled nylon market during the forecast era. The rising purchasing power of the region's population is a big driver of the regional economy. China, as the world's largest producer of glass-filled nylon in the electrical and electronics industry, is also one of the region's top glass-filled nylon users. The region's economy is growing due to the fast growth of the automobile industry, a large untapped market, and favorable government policies.
The major players operating in the global glass filled nylon market are BASF SE, Lanxess, Asahi Kasei Corporation, Ensinger GmbH, Royal DSM N.V., Dowdupont Inc., Arkema, SABIC, Evonik Industries, and Ascend Performance Materials. Other prominent players operating in this industry are Fukuang International (HK) Limited, Steklonit Jsc, Emco Industrial Plastics, Inc., Nylatech, RTP Company, Akro-Plastic GmbH, Radici Group, Domo Chemicals, EMS Grivory, and Quadrant.