Gel imaging also refers to as the gel documentation is used to record and label nucleic acid and protein in different types of media including acrylamide or cellulose, and agarose. Gel documentation has several applications including colony counting, multiplex protein detection, post-translational modification characterization, and monoclonal & polyclonal antibody binding affinities among others. The global market for gel documentation systems is majorly driven by factors such as increasing use of molecular biology techniques in pathology testing laboratories, and rapid growth in clinical research applications along with advanced technologies such as western blot technique and DNA diagnostics. Besides, features such as signal saturation and automated handling provide user-friendly experience of gel documentation in terms of functionality, reliability, and affordability to new operators. This further increases the demand for gel documentation systems in the global market. Furthermore, swift development of the drug industry has forced the key players to focus on the approval of the gel documentation systems due to the increase in R&D activities and new product launch by pharma companies. Hence, this will bolster the demand for the global gel documentation system. In addition, increasing count of clinical laboratories, research institutes, medical and academic institutions along with diagnostic centers and growing pharma biotech companies are likely to boost the demand for gel documentation systems. However, high costs associated with modern gel documentation technologies and presence of less-skilled professionals are likely to hamper the growth of the industry worldwide.
Academic and research institutes segment is likely to lead the global market
Factors such as increasing research activities in proteomics, genomics, and electrophoresis techniques in terms of rapid demand in protein labeling and gene therapy mainly contributes to the growth of the academic and research institutes segment across the globe.
North America is expected to dominate the global market
Geographically, the global gel documentation market is classified into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Central & South America, and Middle East & Africa. Among these regions, North America is likely to hold the largest revenue share in the global market due to the increasing rate of research and development activities along with rapid and ready adoption of advanced technologies. In addition, rising demand for protein and nucleic acid labeling further contributes to the growth of the market in North America.
The Asia Pacific is likely to register a big CAGR owing to the increasing rate of infectious disease and the rising count of diagnostic centers, thus fueling the significant growth of the market in this region.
Key Market Players
• Thermo Fisher Scientific, Inc.
• Bio-Rad Laboratories, Inc.
• GE Healthcare
• Scientific Digital Imaging Plc.
• Merck KGaA
• TBG Biotechnology Corp
• Eikonix Ltd
• UVP LLC
• Biocompare, Inc.
Market Segments: Global Gel Documentation System Market
• By product
• Digital gel documentation
• Film gel documentation
• By Light Source
• Light-Emitting Diodes
• By Application
• Protein Analysis
• Nucleic Acid Quantification
• By End-users
• Academic and research institutes
• Pharmaceutical & biotechnology companies
• Diagnostic laboratories
• By Region
• North America
• Asia Pacific
• Middle East & Africa
• South Africa
• Central & South America
• Industry Associations
• Research Papers
• Company Annual Reports
• Company Websites
• Key Industry Leaders
• Technology Consultants
Key Questions Answered
• What are the key growth regions and countries?
• What are the important types and technologies being used?
• What are the market players doing, in terms of research and development?
• What is the recent news, developments, mergers, or large value deals?
• Where will the industry go in the long run?
• Research & consulting firms, venture capitalists, private equity firms, and startup companies
• Gel documentation system manufacturers, suppliers, and distributors
• Pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies
• Healthcare institutions
• Clinical research centers
• Academic medical centers and universities
• Business research and consulting firms
• Government and regulatory authorities