At a compound annual growth rate of 18.9%, the size of the worldwide Flexible Substrates market is projected to reach US$ 28.7 Bn in 2031.
The growth of the flexible substrate market can be attributed to the increasing demand from the electronics industry across the globe. Flexible substrates are increasingly being used in the production of flexible printed circuit boards. They are also used for the production of solar modules. Moreover, their increased use in the manufacturing of medical & healthcare devices is also driving the growth of the flexible substrate market across the globe. Increased consumption of flexible substrates in solar application is also leading to the growth of the flexible substrate market, worldwide.
Demand for Flexible Substrates depends on the adoption of electronics activities and overall growth of the electronics sector. Retrieval of geopolitical conditions, balanced economic growth, increase in the affluent population, increased infrastructure expenditure, especially in developing economies, are likely to drive the electronics industry in emerging regions, in turn, augmenting the Flexible Substrates market. Another key driver of the global Flexible Substrates market is increased demand for metals in industries such as construction and transportation. Rapid urbanization, rise in disposable income, and industrialization across the globe are boosting demand for Flexible Substrates from these end-use industries. However, stringent government regulations regarding reagent usage during electronics is expected to hamper the Flexible Substrates market during the forecast period.
The major players operating in the global Flexible Substrates market include but are not limited to DuPont Teijin Films (US), Teijin (Japan), Schott (Germany), Corning (US), Polyonics (US), Kolon industries (South Korea), and Heraeus (Germany), among others., and others.
Flexible Substrates Market Scope
|Forecast Unit||Value (USD)|
|Revenue forecast in 2031||US$ 28.7 Bn|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 18.9 % during 2022-2031|
|Segment Covered||Material, Application, Regions|
|Regions Covered||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa|
|Key Players Profiled||Ube Industries, Ltd., DuPont, 3M Company, Panasonic Corporation, Schott, Fuentek Kolon, LLC., Dow, Jiangsu SuCushi Technology Co., Nippon Electric Glass Co., Ltd., DuPont Teijin Films, BenQ Materials Corporation, Sheldahl Corporation, Polyonics, Inc.|
Key Segments of the Global Flexible Substrates Market
Type Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
Application Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Consumer electronics
- Solar energy
- Medical & healthcare
- Other Applications
Regional Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- North America
- The U.S.
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Reasons for the study
- Increase in the affluent population, increased infrastructure expenditure, especially in developing economies, are likely to drive the electronics industry in emerging regions.
- Rapid urbanization, rise in disposable income, and industrialization across the globe are boosting demand for Flexible Substrates market.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global Flexible Substrates market includes qualitative insights such as drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities
- Additionally, the market has been evaluated using Porter’s five forces analysis
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on type, application, and region. Moreover, the study on the flexible substrate market provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments
- The study includes the profiles of key players operating in the market with a significant global and/or regional presence
Who should buy this report?
- The report on the global Flexible Substrates market is suitable for all the players across the value chain including component and raw material providers, manufacturers, distributors, and other intermediaries across the value chain
- Venture capitalists and investors looking for more information on the future outlook of the Global Flexible Substrates Market
- Consultants, analysts, researchers, and academicians looking for insights shaping the Global Flexible Substrates Market
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
The growth of the Flexible Substrates market is attributed to the development of public infrastructure across geographies. Large numbers of people are moving to urban areas in search of work and a better standard of living. As a result of urbanization, infrastructure has grown exponentially. This has created a demand for ingredients and additives that are used to make the floor or other infrastructure easier for consumers. As a result, there is an increasing demand for additives to combat slipperiness for engineers and builders in the construction industry.
In addition to the growing demand from the construction industry, the growth of the anti-slip adhesive market is also driven by the growing demand from the paint and coating industry using Flexible Substrates to add texture and texture to paint and textiles. The paint and clothing industry is growing at a global level due to increasing demand from industries such as automobiles and this growth is expected to have a direct impact on the growth of the several end users’ market and hence the market continues.
Based on application, the global Flexible Substrates market is segmented into consumer electronics, solar energy, Medical & healthcare, and others. The Medical & healthcare segment is projected to lead the Flexible Substrates market, in terms of value during the forecast period due to the increase in demand for freshwater and stringent environmental regulation.
The Flexible Substrates market is segmented by region into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, the Middle East & Africa, and South America. North America is tending toward new heights as better technologies for Medical & healthcare treatment get accepted in the US and Canada. Furthermore, the relevance of industrial separation in various industries is also a key driver of demand within the market for Flexible Substrates in North America. The market for Flexible Substrates in Europe is growing alongside advancements in the consumer electronics industries in the region.
The APAC Flexible Substrates market is projected to register the highest CAGR, in terms of value, during the forecast period. The growth of the Flexible Substrates market in the region is primarily due to the rapid expansion of economies leading to higher attraction of huge investments from global electronics companies. This is the major factor driving the market. The APAC region is witnessing high demand for Flexible Substrates, especially from China, Japan, India, and other Southeast Asian countries. Factors such as stringent regulations imposed by the government on Medical & healthcare treatment are contributing to the growth of the Flexible Substrates market in APAC.