With new technologies coming up, the need for Flat Panel display is on a rise. In this article, we will explore the different types of flat panel display products available on the market today, from PDP to VFD and FED, as well as their respective applications ranging from TVs and large-size displays to smartphones and automotive displays.
Drivers of the Flat Panel Display Products (PDP, VFD, FED, LED, OLED, LCD, Other) Market
1. Increasing demand for thin and light displays: Flat panel displays are significantly thinner than traditional CRT displays, making them ideal for use in portable devices such as laptops, tablets, and smartphones. This has led to an increase in demand for these products from both the consumer electronics and automotive industries.
2. Growing popularity of gaming: Gaming consoles have become increasingly popular over the last few years, with many households now owning one or more systems. As a result, flat panel displays designed specifically for gaming have seen an increase in demand, leading to higher sales of FPDs.
3. Advances in display technology: Over the past decade, advances in display technology have allowed manufacturers to produce increasingly thinner and more energy efficient flat panel displays that offer higher resolutions and better colour accuracy than ever before. This has made them highly desirable among consumers looking for high-performance screens for their home entertainment systems or office workstations.
Advantages of the Flat Panel Display Products (PDP, VFD, FED, LED, OLED, LCD, Other) Market
1. High image resolution: Flat panel displays offer higher image resolution than traditional CRT displays, resulting in sharper images and improved clarity.
2. Low power consumption: Flat panel displays are very energy efficient, requiring less power than their CRT counterparts to produce the same amount of brightness or picture quality. This can result in significant cost savings for businesses and homeowners alike.
3. Thin profile: Thanks to their thin design, flat panel displays are much more space-efficient than CRT displays, allowing consumers and businesses to save valuable desk or shelf space when setting up any type of display device.
4. Wide range of sizes: Thanks to the variety of sizes and shapes available on the market today, flat panel displays can be used with a wide range of devices from TVs to computers to gaming consoles..
Market Value and CAGR
The Market Value and CAGR of the Flat Panel Display Products (PDP, VFD, FED, LED, OLED, LCD, Other) Market is expected to reach USD 103.2Bn with a CAGR of around 6.73% in the time of 2021-2032. PDP (Plasma Display Panel) is expected to be the largest segment and is projected to grow at a CAGR of 5.7%.
The growth of PDP can be attributed to its high performance, low cost, and wide availability in the market.
Challenges of the Flat Panel Display Products
1. High Cost: Flat Panel Display Products (PDP, VFD, FED, LED, OLED, LCD) are relatively expensive compared to traditional technologies such as Cathode Ray Tube (CRT) displays and Plasma TVs.
2. Complex Technology: Flat Panel Display products use complex technology that requires high levels of expertise and experience in order to design and manufacture the products. This has led to a limited number of suppliers capable of producing these products and thus a lack of competition in the market place.
3. Limited Lifespan: Flat Panel Displays have a shorter lifespan than some other display technologies such as CRT displays and Plasma TVs, which means they need to be replaced more often.
The key players of the Flat Panel Display Products (PDP, VFD, FED, LED, OLED, LCD, Other) Market are Samsung Electronics, LG Display, BOE Technology Group Co., Ltd., AU Optronics Corporation, Innolux Corporation, Panasonic Corporation, Sharp Corporation, Toshiba Corporation, Sony Corporation and Hisense Group.
The most demanded product of the Flat Panel Display Products (PDP, VFD, FED, LED, OLED, LCD, Other) Market is expected to be LCD in the upcoming years. This is due to its increasing use in various applications such as digital signage, medical imaging, industrial systems, public information displays, automotive infotainment systems, and portable electronics. LCDs are available in various sizes and resolutions, making them suitable for a wide range of applications.
On the basis of type, PDP (Plasma Display Panel) is expected to be the most sought-after product segment owing to its high resolution and low power consumption. VFD (Vacuum Fluorescent Display) is also gaining traction among consumers due to its enhanced brightness levels and durability compared to other display technologies. Similarly, FED (Field Emission Display) is expected to witness significant growth rate during the forecast period due to its high contrast ratio and low power consumption.
In terms of application, digital signage is anticipated to be the leading segment over the forecast period on account of rising demand for interactive displays from retail outlets and mall owners across developed economies. The medical imaging application segment is likely to register remarkable growth rate during the period owing to increasing adoption of advanced diagnostic techniques in healthcare sector for early diagnosis of diseases such as cancer.
By region, Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the market share in terms of volume and value due to rising disposable income of people and increasing demand for consumer electronics in countries such as India, China, Japan, and South Korea. Furthermore, presence of major display manufacturing companies in this region is also expected to propel the regional growth during the forecast period.
Impact of Covid-19
Due to lockdowns, there has been problems in various process of production across the globe. The market is expected to recover in the next few quarters as the lockdown restrictions are lifted and normalcy returns.
The conditions are starting to show improvement with the companies starting back and the increase is demand after Covid-19 is seen due to that.
Key developments in the Flat Panel Display Products (PDP, VFD, FED, LED, OLED, LCD, Other) Market
- In January, OLED technology was launched in a new range of TVs. This technology offered improved picture quality and increased brightness compared to LCD TVs. OLED panels are thinner than conventional LCDs, making them more attractive for use in televisions.
- In April, LG Display announced the launch of their world's first 15-inch OLED laptop display. This technology is expected to replace current LCD displays in laptops and other electronic devices due to its superior picture quality and power efficiency.
Flat Panel Display Products (PDP, VFD, FED, LED, OLED, LCD, Other) Market Scope
|Forecast Unit||Value (USD)|
|Revenue forecast in 2031||USD 103.2Bn|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 6.73 % during 2021-2031|
|Segment Covered||Type, Application, End Users, Regions|
|Regions Covered||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, South America|
|Key Players Profiled||Samsung Electronics, LG Display, BOE Technology Group Co., Ltd., AU Optronics Corporation, Innolux Corporation, Panasonic Corporation, Sharp Corporation, Toshiba Corporation, Sony Corporation and Hisense Group.|
Key Segment of Flat Panel Display Products Market
By Type Overview 2021-2031, (USD Billion)
By Application Overview 2021-2031, (USD Billion)
• TV &Large size display
Display Except Large Size – Monitor, Notec and Tablet
• OLED of All Application as TV and Smartphone
• Automotive Display
• Sensor Technology
• Major Component of Display Device
By End-User Overview 2021-2031, (USD Billion)
• Manufacturing companies
By Region Overview 2021-2031, (USD Billion)
• Rest of Asia Pacific
• Rest of North America
• Rest of Europe
Middle East and Africa