The global fireproof ceramics market size was valued at USD 3.8 billion in 2017. Growing application in the production of aluminum, power, consumer electronics, steel, and petrochemicals is expected to drive the global fireproof ceramics market demand over the projected period.
Global Fireproof Ceramics Market Revenue, By Region, 2015-2025 (USD Billion)
Apart from industrial applications, increasing use of fireproof ceramics in multilayer ceramic capacitors has increased its usage in memory drives, smartphones, and other wearable gadgets. However, high maintenance cost coupled with a high replacement cost of components after the damage is expected to hamper the global fireproof ceramics market demand over the coming years.
Blanket fireproof ceramics market size accounted for more than 30% of the overall market share in 2017. Low thermal conductivity, thermal shock resistance, high corrosion resistance, chemical resistance, excellent fire protection, excellent handling strength, high-temperature stability, and lightweight properties of fireproof ceramic blankets makes it a viable choice in petrochemicals and power generation industries.
Increasing usage as high-temperature fiber insulation in power generation applications is expected to increase fireproof ceramic market expansion over the coming years. Resistance to extreme heat, corrosion, chemical wear, and physical wear makes fireproof ceramic products an ideal solution in the power generation industry. Fireproof ceramic manufacturers are partnering with leading power generation equipment manufacturers to deliver a wide range of castables, insulating firebrick, and microporous products to improve efficiency and productivity.
Global Fireproof Ceramics Market Share, By Application, 2017 (%)
World metal industry is primarily driven by oil prices, USD exchange rates, and Chinese market trends. Increasing government incentives to strengthen China’s manufacturing industry coupled with rising demand for oil & gas is expected to augment consumption of fireproof ceramics for metals and petrochemical industry. In 2017, the world petrochemical industry market size exceeded USD 650 billion. China was the biggest producer and consumer for petrochemicals and accounted for more than 25% of the consumption in 2017. Increasing adoption of fireproof ceramics for manufacturing critical components for tough assignments in the petrochemical industry is expected to increase market expansion over the projected period.
Fireproof ceramics offers a range of advanced refractory engineered solutions for the iron and steel industry. Increasing penetration to improve the efficiency of the process by reducing operational cost, and energy consumption are expected to increase the adoption of fireproof ceramics in the iron and steel industry. In 2017, world crude steel production accounted for more than 1600 million tons. Steel consumption in 2017 increased by more than 1.3% as compared to 2016. Apart from steel, in 2017, global iron ore production was increased by more than 4.5% as compared to 2016, to a total of more than 2000 million tons. Growing automotive production coupled with rising infrastructural development in developing economies is expected to increase steel demand over the coming years, which in turns will open new avenues for the fireproof ceramics market.
North America fireproof ceramic industry size accounted for 15% of global fireproof ceramics market share in 2017. US and Canada crude steel production in 2017 accounted for more than 80 million tons and more than 10 million tons, respectively. Growing building & construction activities in North America is expected to increase demand for steel over the coming years. The US is the world’s largest producer of ethylene and growing petrochemical industry in North America is expected to increase adoption of fireproof ceramics for process improvement.
The global fireproof ceramics market is competitive in nature as a large number of manufacturers are operating in this industry. Key manufacturers are Morgan Advanced Materials plc, Unifrax, ZIRCAR Ceramics, Skamol Group, IBIDEN, Isolite Insulating Products Co., Ltd., LUYANG ENERGY-SAVING MATERIALS CO., LTD, Rath Incorporated, and NGP Industries Limited. Manufacturers operating in this industry are adopting M&A strategies to strengthen their distribution network. For instance, in 2017, CeramTec, a German manufacturer of advanced ceramic components, acquired UK ElectroCeramics business from Morgan Technical Ceramics.
Fireproof Ceramics Market Scope
|Forecast Unit||Value (USD)|
|Revenue forecast in 2025||USD 8.37 billion|
|Segment Covered||Type , Application, Regions|
|Regions Covered||North America, U.S, Europe, Germany , France, Asia-Pacific, China, India, Latin America, Brazil, Middle East & Africa|
|Key Players Profiled||Morgan Advanced Materials plc, Unifrax, ZIRCAR Ceramics, Skamol Group, IBIDEN, Isolite Insulating Products Co., Ltd., LUYANG ENERGY-SAVING MATERIALS CO., LTD, Rath Incorporated,|
Key segments of the global fireproof ceramics market
Type Overview, 2015-2025 (USD Million)
Application Overview, 2015-2025 (USD Million)
- Iron & Steel
- Ceramics & Glass
- Power Generation
Regional Overview, 2015-2025 (USD Million)
- North America
- Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
Reasons for the study
- The study assesses the dynamics and movement of the global fireproof ceramics market across various geographies
- While studying the fireproof ceramics market, we observed that opportunities for ceramic fiber and thermal ceramics will be tremendous in developing economies
- Global fireproof ceramics industry is competitive in nature. Well-established manufacturers, as a strategic step planning to enter into M&A to strengthen global presence
What does the report include?
- The report focuses on fireproof ceramics market, by types and application
- The study on the global fireproof ceramics market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, and restraints
- The study covers qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of type and application. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments
- The study includes the profiles of key players in the market with a significant global and/or regional presence
Who should you buy this report?
- The global fireproof ceramics market study meets the needs for various parties including government and non-government associations, consultants , analysts, researchers and academicians
- The report is also suitable for companies that are currently operating in the market as well as those looking to integrate their operations
- Moreover, the study can also help new entrants take informed decisions about venturing into the market.