Entertainment zones or small amusement parks that typically serve local communities in big and small cities are considered as Family/indoor Entertainment Centers (FECs). Entertainment centers keep the entire family entertained by engaging them in various activities such as games, puzzles, fun activities, and others. Compared to traditional amusement park entertainment centers, it costs very less. FECs especially provide varied amusement options such as video games, arcades, soft play areas, games based on virtual and augmented reality, gaming consoles, redemption machines, children’s rides, indoor playground systems, and skill-based machine games. Besides games family entertainment centers also offer to host of private celebrations such as corporate events and birthday parties.
The global family/indoor entertainment centers (FECs) market size is anticipated to reach over USD 34 billion by 2025. This can be attributed to the availability of varied gaming and entertainment options and overall growth in per capita disposable income of people.
However, the high initial set up cost is hampering the market growth. In addition, the growing inclination of the young population towards mobile gaming is also expected to impede market growth during the forecast period. Furthermore, the launch of new entertainment centers that support family activities, participatory play are fuelling market growth. Also, the integration of new and emerging technologies such as 3D technology, VR gaming, and others are providing growth opportunities for the market. Moreover, increasing investments by various malls in the developing counties in Asia-Pacific are also anticipated to create major opportunities for market growth in forthcoming years.
Key Segments of the Global Family/Indoor Entertainment Centers (FECs)
Type Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- Children’s Entertainment Centers (CECs)
- Children’s Edutainment Centers (CEDCs)
- Adult Entertainment Centers (AECs)
- Location-based VR Entertainment Centers (LBECs)
Facility Size Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- Up to 5,000 sq. ft.
- 5,001 to 10,000 sq. ft.
- 10,001 to 20,000 sq. ft.
- 20,001 to 40,000 sq. ft.
- 1 to 10 acres
- 10 to 30 acres
- Over 30 acres
Visitor Demographics Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- Families with Children (0-8)
- Families with Children (9-12)
- Teenagers (13-19)
- Young adults (20-25)
- Adults (Ages 25+)
Application Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- Arcade Studios
- AR and VR Gaming Zones
- Physical Play Activities
- Skill/Competition Games
Rezional Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- Rest of South America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global family/indoor entertainment centers (FECs) market. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Ensure you remain competitive as innovations by existing key players to boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global family/indoor entertainment centers (FECs) market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the family/indoor entertainment centers (FECs) industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on type, facility size, visitor demographics, Facility Size. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global family/indoor entertainment centers (FECs) market. The report will benefit: Every stakeholder involved in the family/indoor entertainment centers (FECs) market.
- Managers within the FEC industry looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about the global family/indoor entertainment centers (FECs) market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of global family/indoor entertainment centers (FECs) market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
Family entertainment centers are gaining traction recently. People have started to move from traditional parks to technologically enabled entertainment centers due to the growing trend of arcade and AR & VR games among teenagers and other age group children. The majority of the traditional park provides very limited entertainment options and only provide entertainment activities for the specific age group of children. Also, they lack other facilities like food & beverages, restrooms, and other facilities, which is also one of the major reasons for driving the demand for modern family/indoor entertainment centers. On the contrary, family/indoor entertainment centers provide engagement for all age groups which keeps all family members engaged.
Based on the type segment, the market is bifurcated into Children’s Entertainment Centers (CECs), Children’s Edutainment Centers (CEDCs), Adult Entertainment Centers (AECs), Location-based VR Entertainment Centers (LBECs). In 2019, the Children’s Entertainment Centers (CECs) segment gathered the highest market revenue and it is anticipated to govern the FECs market throughout the forecast period.
Visitor Demographics Segment
Based on the visitor demographics, the market is segmented into the families with children (0-8), families with children (9-12), teenagers (13-19), young adults (20-25), adults (ages 25+). The families with children (9-12) segment are anticipated to gather the highest market growth during the forecast period. On the contrary, the teenagers (13-19) segment dominated the market in 2019 due to the increasing popularity of amusement parks and arcade games among teenagers.
Facility Size Segment
Based on Facility Size, the market is bifurcated into AR and VR gaming zones, arcade studios, skill/competition games, physical play activities, and others. In 2019, the arcade studios segment captured the highest market revenue and is anticipated to dominate the FECs market throughout the forecast period. On the contrary, the AR and VR gaming zone segment is projected to accumulate the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
The North America region dominated the overall market in 2019 and it is expected to do so throughout the forecast period 2020-2025. The dominance of this region mainly attributed to the integration of new and trending technologies such as virtual reality gaming, 3D technology, and others by family entertainment center operators in their FECs. Also, the increasing inclination of consumers towards modern entertainment facilities is fuelling the market demand in this region. However, the Asia-Pacific region is anticip
ated to experience the highest growth rate during the forecast. The growth of this region is mainly accredited to growing in the number of malls in urban cities.
The major players of the global family/indoor entertainment centers (FECs) market are CEC Entertainment, Inc., KidZania, Cinergy Entertainment, Dave & Buster’s, Scene 75 Entertainment Centers, The Walt Disney Company, Lucky Strike Entertainment, FunCity, Smaaash Entertainment Pvt. Ltd., and LEGOLAND Discovery Center. Moreover, the other potential players in the family/indoor entertainment centers (FECs) market are FunCity, Main Event Entertainment, Merlin Entertainment, Seaworld Entertainment, Nickelodeon Universe. The recognized companies are coming up with innovative and new entertainment technologies and solutions. For instance, In October 2019, Dave & Buster's a dining and entertainment provider, announced the partnership with Diebold Nixdorf, a connected commerce solution provider. The Diebold Nixdorf provided self-service kiosks to Daves & Buster's, which is expected to enhance Daves & Buster's customer experience.