The global erythropoietin market size is expected to reach close to $14.41 Billion by 2029 with an annualized growth rate of 5.7% through the projected period.
The global erythropoietin market size is projected to reach close to USD 8.9 billion by 2028 at an annual CAGR of 11.20% during the projected timeline, 2021-2028. This growth is attributed to the key factors like rising prevalence of anemic conditions, rising treatment for chemotherapy, and accelerating number of end stage renal disease which are collectively responsible for tremendous growth spurt in the global erythropoietin market in the forthcoming years.
However, associated side effect, such as increased pressure on arterial nerves, iron deficiency, and health conditions like influenza, and time-consuming traits for the treatment of erythropoietin are likely to hamper the global erythropoietin market growth in the forthcoming years. Additionally, several medical complications rising from erythropoietin for Covid-19 patients are further downsizing adoption, affecting overall market progress. Nonetheless, increasing R&D ventures, government initiatives, innovations towards avoiding side effects, and rising awareness regarding the benefits of EPO is anticipated to provide crucial growth opportunities to the global erythropoietin market.
The global erythropoietin market is undergoing tremendous change due to several innovations taking place and market players introducing unique methods to address existing gaps. Looking at the current market growth rate and scenario, the future of the global erythropoietin market is very attractive. Erythropoietin is categorized as a glycoprotein hormone that encourages red blood cells formation in the bone marrow through the biological process of erythropoiesis. The erythropoietin drug has been developed to address the anemic conditions. For example, treating severe anemic conditions developed from end stage renal disease (ESRD) treatments and dialysis procedures.
Erythropoietin is a type of protein that is used to boost the production of red blood cells that are heavily reduced during cancer or during any ongoing cancer therapeutics. The drug that is ejected from the bone marrow into the bloodstream is termed erythropoietin drug. The market players to address the growing demand and to stay ahead of the competition have brought landmark advances in the development of erythropoietin to suit futuristic global competitive landscape.
The key players who have brought landmark advances in the global erythropoietin market are Teva Pharmaceutical Industries, Roche, Ranbaxy Laboratories, Pfizer, LG Life Sciences, Johnson & Johnson, Intas, Celltrion, Biocon, and Amgen. These players held the topmost positions in the erythropoietin drug development and erythropoietin production endeavors. These erythropoietin drug developers and producers have contributed to one of the greatest accomplishments of modern medicine developing the blockbuster drug erythropoietin. These companies have come with the drug in the market that are treating various conditions like kidney dysfunction, HIV infection, cancer, and more. Moreover, strategies like partnerships, mergers, expansions, and acquisitions have been majorly focused by the market players to strengthen their competitive position.
Erythropoietin Market Scope
|Revenue forecast in 2029
|USD 14.41 billion
|CAGR of 5.7% during 2019-2029
|Product Type, End- User, Regions
|North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa
|Key Players Profiled
|Teva Pharmaceutical Industries, Roche, Ranbaxy Laboratories, Pfizer, LG Life Sciences, Johnson & Johnson, Intas, Celltrion, Biocon, and Amgen.
Key Segments of the Global Erythropoietin Market
Product Type Overview, (USD Billion)
Application Overview, (USD Billion)
- Kidney disorder
Regional Overview, (USD Billion)
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of South America
Middle East and Africa
Reasons for the study
- To present before you a detailed outlook of the current and historic conditions of the global erythropoietin market and distinguish the factors that are affecting the market growth progress both favorably and unfavorably.
- To increase your capabilities in drug development and production best practices concerning erythropoietin, thus securing a healthy competitive edge against the seasoned players benchmarked in the report.
- To highlight business benefits, barriers, and practices for better decision making in the global erythropoietin market.
- To present insights based on extensive research and unique actions for organizations related to global erythropoietin market and related technologies boosting the advancements.
What does the report include?
- Total coverage of the global erythropoietin market from 2018-2028, with base year 2020, and future forecasts years 2021-2028.
- The report presents the financial study of the market, demographic study, segmentation, target markets, market needs, competition landscape, entry barriers, and regulatory environment.
- The report includes a segment-wise and region-wise study to help market players understand each underlying opportunity.
- Revenue and annual shares of the global erythropoietin market with individual segmentation.
- Global competitors and financial performance of the players over the last two years 2018-2020 and future forecasts for the same.
Who should buy this report?
- Researchers, experts in the field of technology, medical professionals, and the investors.
- Erythropoietin drug developers and producers.
- The Global erythropoietin market report is intended for the benefits of players across the supply chain including raw material providers, manufacturers, distributors, and other entities across the supply chain.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
The erythropoietin drug is acting as a primary regulator of red blood cells and playing a key role in saving millions of lives. The erythropoietin drug has become the quick option in treating anemic conditions and associated complications resulting from primarily kidney failure, cancer, HIV infection, besides ongoing cancer specific treatment. The erythropoietin supplementation has dramatically reduced the need for blood transfusions.
These factors have become the major influencers of the global erythropoietin market. Moreover, the erythropoietin supplementation is helping in regulating the RBC concentration and hemoglobin in the blood. The erythropoietin supplementation has been extremely useful for athletes as the RBC boost the oxygen levels of the cells and also the oxygen levels in muscles thereby effectively improving body functionality. The growing focus on implementing advanced marketing strategies through the optimum utilization of technologies for delivering the drug is accelerating the use of erythropoietin drug leading to increased scope for global erythropoietin market.
Product Type Segment
Depending upon the product type segment, the market is bifurcated into key categories namely epoetin-alfa, epoetin-beta, and darbepoetin-alfa, and others. The epoetin-alfa segment is projected to witness strong growth in the market. The key influencers of the epoetin-alfa segment are that the epoetin-alfa has become successful in treating anemia in adults, reduced the need for blood transfusions in adults, and stimulating RBC in anemic patients.
Depending upon the product type segment, the market is bifurcated into key categories namely hematology, kidney disorder, cancer, and others. The cancer segment is witnessing tremendous increase in the global erythropoietin market and is expected to gather good growth from 2021-2028. The industry trends like growing prevalence of diseases across the world is boosting the global erythropoietin market.
The North American region is witnessing major growth in the global erythropoietin market due to major economic activities taking place in the market research and development, drug development and production, presence of large drug developer in the region, population becoming aware of the treatment and benefits of EPO, high disposable income, and rising prevalence of cancer and other diseases. Also, the Asia Pacific region has witnessed major growth in the market due rising demand for erythropoietin supplementation. The industry trends like growing prevalence of diseases across the world is boosting the global erythropoietin market visibly. At the same time, MEA gathered lower market share and saw reduced growth due to less awareness and low income population in the region.