The digital map is also known as an electronic map that comprises a combination of numerous graphic elements in the form of electronic data. It is a method of compilation and collection of information in the form of a virtual image. Therefore, the combination of such data is used to create the digital maps which further characterize a particular geographic area such as roads, rivers, and essential landmarks like airports, train stations, hospitals, and others. Moreover, digital maps are further used for calculating the distance between places and other navigational purposes.
The global digital map market size is projected to reach over USD 30 billion by 2025. This can be attributed to the growing adoption of advanced & 3D technologies for digital map-making. Besides, the increasing adoption of smartphones and other mobile devices for navigation is also boosting global Digital Map market growth.
However, the regulatory and legal policies affecting the advancement of digital maps are likely to hamper the market growth. Furthermore, the growing demand for data mapping in real-time are anticipated to be opportunistic for the market.
Key Segments of the Global Digital Map Market
Type Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- Indoor Mapping
- Outdoor Mapping
Application Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- Routing and Navigation
- Real-Time Location Data Management
- Asset Tracking
Industry Verticals Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- Government and Defense
- Logistics & Transportation
Regional Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- Rest of Europ
- Rest of Asia-Pacifi
Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Afric
- Rest of South America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global digital map market. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Ensure you remain competitive as innovations by existing key players to boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global digital map market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the digital map industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on type, application, and industry vertical. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global digital map market. The report will benefit: Every stakeholder involved in the digital map market.
- Managers within the digital map industry looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about the global digital map market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of global digital map market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
Since the inception of smartphones and IoT devices, digital maps technology has become mainstream. The technology has revealed a whole new range of applications. The market is experiencing positive growth and it is anticipated to experience the high growth in the forthcoming years due to its wide range of applications and benefits across numerous industries. The market is gaining huge traction in developing countries such as China, India, Japan, and others sue to the growing adoption of smartphones and internet penetration in these countries.
Based on the type segment, the market is divided into indoor mapping and outdoor mapping. In the year 2019, the outdoor mapping segment accounted for the highest market revenue and it is projected to hold the major market share over the forecast period. The growth of this segment is primarily accredited to the increasing integration of maps in smartphones and other navigation devices for navigational purposes. On the contrary, the indoor mapping segment accounted for the highest growth and it is expected to hold its position over the forecast period.
Based on the application, the market is segmented into routing and navigation, real-time location data management, asset tracking, geopositioning, and others. The routing and navigation segment leads the market growth in 2019 and it is projected to hold its position over the forecast years. The market growth in this segment is primarily accredited to the increasing deployment of navigational systems in connected cars and smartphones. On the contrary, the real-time location data management segment accounted for the highest growth and it is projected to hold its position over the forecast period.
Industry Vertical Segment
In terms of industry vertical segment, the market is segmented into construction, automotive, logistics & transportation, government & defense, and others. The automotive segment accounted for the major market share in 2019 and it is projected to do so over the forecast period. The market growth in this segment is mainly accredited to the increasing integration of navigational devices in cars, buses, and other vehicles for navigational purposes. However, the government and defense segment is projected to accumulate major growth in forthcoming years.
The North American region dominated the overall market in 2019 and it is projected to keep its position throughout the forecast period 2018-2025. The dominance of this region is primarily accredited to the presence of key market players in this region. However, the Asia-Pacific region is projected to accumulate the highest growth during the forecast period due to the increasing adoption of smartphones and internet services penetration in this region.
The major players of the global digital map market are Google, Esri, Apple, MapWise, TomTom, Digital Map Products, Indoor Atlas, HERE, ARC Aerial Imaging, and Nearmap. Moreover, the other prospective players in the digital map market are AutoNavi, Jibestream, Mapillary, ThinkGeo, and MapData Services. The digital map market comprises well established local as well as global players. Also, the previously recognized market players are coming up with new and advanced strategic solutions and services to stay competitive in the global market.