The market size for global digital imaging is projected to reach USD 37.42 Billion by 2028. The digital imaging market is progressively implemented by government and corporate firms to increase productivity and offer superior access to information. Digital cameras and digital single-lens reflex cameras (DSLR) use digital imaging technology for converting videos and images digitally.
The various factors responsible for the global digital imaging market growth are enhanced reliability, error-free image recovery without loss, the need for physical storage space, and the abolition of environmental difficulties triggered by film-based imaging. The implementation of digital imaging systems is on the rise, owing to more images and videos taken every day. Besides, the demand for a medical imaging system in healthcare is playing a major role in the growth of the global digital imaging industry as it has the ability to increase the patient safety and privacy, precisely in the outlook of globalization of healthcare and efforts by many nations to build a sustainable health system. Improvements in terms of economic growth, infrastructural developments, and production of power plants are projected to further boost the growth of the digital imaging. The huge cost and shortage of skilled staff are shrinking the target market growth at a certain point. The introduction of high-quality cameras in smartphones may hamper the target market.
Key Segments of the Global Digital Imaging Market
Technology Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion)
- Machine Vision
Application Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion)
- Reverse engineering
End-User Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion)
- Oil & Gas
- Power Generation
- Public Infrastructure
- Consumer Electronics
- Semiconductor Fabrication
- Food & Beverages
Regional Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East and Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global digital imaging market. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Ensure you remain competitive as innovations by existing key players to boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global digital imaging market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the digital imaging industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on technology, application, and end-user. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global digital imaging market. The report will benefit:
- Every stakeholder is involved in the digital imaging market.
- Managers within the Tech companies looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about the global digital imaging market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of global digital imaging market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
The rising of the acceptance of digital imaging systems in many end-use industries across developed and developing economies will help the global digital imaging market to grow further. Furthermore, technological improvements in digital imaging, growing penetration of mobile devices among the population, and increasing dispersion of the internet across worldwide are few factors likely to fuel the growth of the global digital imaging market in the given timeframe.
Key players are tapping in the target industry by embracing innovative technologies. Key players are improving digital abilities in their business and to their customers. For the digital imaging market, the key players operating in the market offer a full deployment of NDT solutions and systems which includes CT, radiography, ultrasound, hardness testing products, remote visual inspection, and eddy current. It has been primarily accepting the organic growth tactics of presenting new products through product launches and expansions to grow in the target industry. For instance, GE offers robust technologies like inspection technologies and sensor-based measurement solutions for industrial and commercial purposes and also for the military and aerospace sector.
The global digital imaging market is segmented into machine vision, metrology, radiography, and LiDAR. Radiography is the dominant segment due to the reduced radiation among the system and reduced cost. It also provides enhanced X-ray image quality. On the other hand, the metrology segment is estimated to reach high growth owing to it is widely used in the array of applications such as automotive aerospace.
Based on the application segment, the market is bifurcated into inspection, reverse engineering, surveying. The inspection application is anticipated to attain the largest revenue share in the global digital imaging market by 2028. Inspection forms a vital tool for quality control in the manufacturing industries, such as aerospace, machinery, automotive, and semiconductor fabrication.
Based on the application, the market is segmented into oil & gas, aerospace, automotive, power generation, machinery, public infrastructure, consumer electronics, semiconductor fabrication, food & beverages, and pharmaceutical. Automotive is likely to attain at a high rate in the target industry during the forecast year due to the growing implementation of new technics over traditional technics in digital imaging pushing the market growth further. By using digital imaging technics manufactures can improve output by distinguishing defects and permit analytical maintenance.
The global digital imaging market has a wide presence in North America and Europe. North America is considered a mature market in digital imaging applications, on account of the early use of technology and raising funds to support the research and development of new products. The Asia Pacific is likely to grow at a speedy pace over the forecast period due to the major infrastructural development and computerization in manufacturing industries in developing countries such as India and China.
The major players of the global digital imaging market are GE, Olympus, Hexagon, Cognex, Nikon, OMRON, Ametek, Matrox, Teledyne Technologies, National Instruments, and Keyence, and more. The digital imaging market is fragmented with the existence of well-known global and domestic players across the globe.