Data loss prevention (or DLP) can be classified as a strategy that ensures end-users do not exchange or send critical data outside their corporate plexus. Term DLP, is also used to illustrate software products that empower network administrators to put a check on what sensitive data end-users can exchange or transfer. These software products apply business precept to categorize and safeguard confidential and sensitive data so that unaccredited end-users cannot share information as such revelation could put a company at risk.
The emergence of DLP technology provides both information technology and security staff a complete 360 degree perspective of a specific location, circulation and utilization of information across the company. For those concerned about lost revenues, fines, lost revenues etc. pertaining to data breaches, DLP puts all the opportunities of theft to rest. Enterprises concerned about their next audit and intend to maintain data compliance with complicated regulation trust DLP technology. The technology is boon for those trying to safeguard their proprietary data against security breaches caused by enhanced staff mobility and advent of innovative channels. Success of sensitive data protection in cloud and virtual models has created new opportunities for data loss prevention technology.
The global data loss prevention market size is predicted to reach over USD 6.4 billion by 2028. This can be ascribed to the rising data breaches and cyber attacks across the world. Besides, the increasing compliance and regulatory demands is another factor driving the market growth for data loss prevention.
However, the lack of awareness on complete solution adoption and deployment challenges are some of the factors which are expected to restrain the market growth.
Data Loss Prevention (DLP) Market Scope
|Forecast Unit||Value (USD)|
|Revenue forecast in 2028||USD 6.4 billion|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 25% during 2021-2028|
|Segment Covered||Type, Application, Regions|
|Regions Covered||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, South America|
|Key Players Profiled||GTB Technologies, Inc., Code Green Networks, Symantec Corporation, Check Point Software Technologies Ltd., Trustwave Holdings, Inc., CA Technologies, Trend Micro Incorporated, Blue Coat systems, Inc., Cisco Systems and Websense, Inc.|
Key Segments of the Global Data loss prevention Market
Type Overview, 2019-2028 (USD Billion)
- Data Center DLP
- Endpoint DLP
- Network DLP
Application Overview, 2019-2028 (USD Billion)
Regional Overview, 2019-2028 (USD Billion)
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global data loss prevention market. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Ensure you remain competitive as innovations by existing key players to boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global data loss prevention market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the data loss prevention industry and their strategic initiatives for product development.
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on type, and application. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global data loss prevention market. The report will benefit Every stakeholder involved in the data loss prevention market.
- Managers within the data loss prevention industry looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about the global data loss prevention market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of the global data loss prevention market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and government institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
The growth of competition in data loss prevention market around the globe is expected to provide substantial market growth. Moreover, the increasing number of cyber attacks and data breaches are helping increase the data loss prevention solution adoption which in turn is adding to the market’s growth . These factors are helping the market grow. The market is consolidated as several major market players currently hold the major market share. However, the market is expected to become fragmented in the forthcoming years as several new market players are emerging from developing countries such as India, Japan, China, and other countries.
Based on the type segment, the market is classified into Data Center DLP, Endpoint DLP, and Network DLP. The data center DLP segment is predicted to hold the major share of the market while the network DLP segment is expected to witness rapid growth. This is owing to the increased spending on these from enterprises which want to improve their uptime and thaw off cyber attacks.
Based on the application, the market is segmented into on-premise, and cloud-based. In 2020, the cloud-based segment captured the major part of the total market. The said segment is likely to remain the largest segment owing to perceived benefits of cloud deployment model such as scalability and increasing penetration of smart mobile devices.
The North American region is likely to account for the maximum market contribution during the forecast years. The domination of this region is largely ascribed to the increasing cyber attacks targeting the US enterprises, adoption of DLP solutions to protect against them, and market maturity. However, the Asia-Pacific is likely to gather noteworthy growth through the forecast years 2021-2028. The growth of the Data loss prevention market in this region is mostly ascribed to the growth in number of enterprises realizing the importance of data loss prevention solutions in countries such as India, Japan, and China.
The major players of the global data loss prevention market are GTB Technologies, Inc., Code Green Networks, Symantec Corporation, Check Point Software Technologies Ltd., Trustwave Holdings, Inc., CA Technologies, Trend Micro Incorporated, Blue Coat systems, Inc., Cisco Systems and Websense, Inc. In addition, the previously recognized as well as new market players are approaching the market with advanced and new strategic services and solutions and to remain competitive in the global market.