Rising demand from the plumbing industry and the consumption of wires and cables in the cross-linked polyethylene (PEX) market are the main factors to provide a revenue of USD 5.10 billion in 2019. Some of the main reasons anticipated to assist the market for cross-linked polyethylene is the rising demand for temperature, heat, and moisture resistant products that offer improved security for wires to transmit energy safely and effectively. In the pipe and plumbing industry, cross-linked polyethylene is primarily used as a substitute for conventional products such as aluminum, galvanized steel, and PVC pipes owing to their rusting, expense, and circulation. Polyethylene cross-linking helps solve plumbing problems, along with its easy installation.
At a CAGR of 7.81%, the market for cross-linked polyethylene is expected to reach USD 10.27 billion by 2030. 2020 saw a market valuation of USD 5.73 billion.
The growth of the PEX (Crossed-Linked Polyethylene) industry is guided mainly by the rising industries in APAC's developing economies of automobile, construction, and packaging. In addition, the growing demand for plastic pipes in the solar industry would fuel business development globally.
The usage of cross linked polyethylene in the plumbing industry has multiple advantages such as durability, lower manufacturing prices, faster deployment, environmental advantages etc. Moreover, the better insulating properties and flexibility of the cross-linked polyethylene can be used as an insulation material in wires and cables.
Cross-linked Polyethylene (PEX) Market Scope
|Revenue forecast in 2030
|USD 10.27 billion
|CAGR of 7.81 % during 2020-2030
|Type, Application, Regions, Technology
|North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa, South America
|Key Players Profiled
|Borealis AG,Charloma Inc.,3H Vinacom Co., Ltd.,Solvay S.A,Falcone Specialties AG,HDC Hyundai EP,Hanwha Chemical Corporation,Exxonmobil Corporation,Polylink Polymers (India) Ltd.,Zhejiang Wanma Macromolecule Material Co., Ltd.
Key Segments of the Global Cross-linked Polyethylene (PEX) Market
Technology Size Overview
- Wires & Cables
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- Rest of South America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global cross-linked polyethylene market. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Cross linked polyethylene is widely used for various end uses owing to their excellent properties and the market is expected to gain traction over the coming years
- With the growing plumbing and wires & cables applications, there is a rise in the demand for cross linked polyethylene which is further expected to have a positive impact on the overall market growth
What does the report include?
- The study on the global cross-linked polyethylene market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the cross-linked polyethylene industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on type, technology and application. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global cross-linked polyethylene market. The report will benefit: Every stakeholder involved in the cross-linked polyethylene market.
- Managers within the cross-linked polyethylene industry looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about the global cross-linked polyethylene market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of global cross-linked polyethylene market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
Shifting market interest to cross-linked polyethylene pipes for its applications in potable water delivery contributes to expanded company share in the plumbing industry. One of the main drivers proliferating the market expansion is a rapid residential development in the Asia Pacific nations such as India and China. In addition, considerable development in the automotive segment due to increased use of electric vehicles will have a positive impact on the growth in the market. Also, the corrosion & fire resistant property due to significant changes in popularity in traditional copper tubes would fuel business demand. Owing to the versatility, simple deployment, and low expense, broad applications in end-use industries including insulation, and consumer products and packaging are rising in the global market. Increasing the use of plastic pipes in the solar industry would provide additional demand for the products in the global industry.
In terms of components, the market is bifurcated into HDPE, LDPE, and Others. In terms of both volume and value, the HDPE segment is anticipated to have the largest share in the PEX (Cross-Linked Polyethylene) market. On the plumbing section, cross-linked HDPE is used in piping and tubing. The outstanding balance of properties renders HDPE a suitable substrate for a range of uses through various industries. HDPE pipe is largely used in various applications such as the building of gas and water transmission pipelines because it offers fast durability, deployment, lightweight, and low cost. HDPE pipes are also frequently used in the agricultural sector for the transfer of liquids. Its properties make them suitable for industrial and construction end uses.
Based on technology, the market is segmented into PEXa, PEXb, and PEXc. The peroxide technology leads the market growth in 2019 and it is anticipated to hold its position during the forecast years. Big cross-linking properties of peroxide such as high heat resistance, easy compounding, and improved longevity of shelf life can facilitate varied applications in various industries. Owing to the rising demand for automobile seals, hoses, shock absorbers, and cables in different vehicle manufacturing industries, the automotive industry is anticipated to witness high growth over the coming years. Moreover, a high growth rate in silane grafted technology due to core characteristics like room temperature cross-linking, low cost, and a higher proportion of gel can promote product launches in the industry. The cross-linking expansion of the polyethylene industry is anticipated to have higher demand through industrial usage of XLPE use for insulation of water heating pipes & electrical cable for floor heating purposes.
In terms of the application segment, the market is segmented into wires & cables, plumbing, automotive, and others. In 2019, the wires & cables segment accumulated the major market share and is expected to continue the trend over the forecast years. PEX demonstrates strong flammability and heat deformation tolerance, rendering it ideal for wires & cables. The cross-linking feature of the product adds efficient dielectric properties to polyethylene, which is resilient above the softening point to flow and permanent deformation. The demand is powered by the growth of transmission & distribution lines in the power & telecom sector in developed countries. The rise in the number of applications for PEX especially in the automotive industry, as cross-linked LDPE is commonly utilized in cables and wires.
The Asia Pacific region dominated the overall market in 2019 and it is projected to keep its position during the forecast years 2018-2028. The rising demand for PEX in cables and wires, plumbing, and automobile applications in China, Australia, and Japan is driving the Asia Pacific industry. The usage of cross-linked polyethylene is expected to drive the demand in Europe countries due to the rise in usage from the automotive industry, especially for thermal insulation, gaskets, seals, interior components, etc. North America is expected to a significant share in the sector by the end of 2024, backed by a strong forecast growth in the U.S. for the wires and cables industry.
The major players of the global cross-linked polyethylene market are The Dow Chemical Company, ExxonMobil Corporation, Solvay SA, Borealis AG, LyondellBasell Industries N.V. Moreover, the market comprises several other prominent players in the cross-linked polyethylene market that are Polyone Corporation, Hyundai EP, Falcone Specialities AG, 3H Vinacome Co., Ltd., Hanwha Chemical Corporation. The cross-linked polyethylene market consists of well-established global as well as local players. Additionally, the previously recognized market players are coming up with new and advanced strategic solutions and services to stay competitive in the global market.