The market size for global content delivery network (CDN) is projected to reach at USD 21 billion by 2025. The factors such as growing demand for improved quality of service (QoS), quality of Experience (QoE), increased demand for latency-fee online gaming experience, along with proliferation of rich media and video over websites, are responsible for the growth of content delivery network industry in the past few years.
In the past few years, there has been an exponential growth in the volumes of content been exchanged through the internet with respect to the constant high-speed network rollouts. Effective solutions have to be deployed by the enterprises so as to ensure uninterrupted content delivery through a high speed network, especially for the Over the Top (OTT) and Video-on-Demand (VOD) services.Reducing data expenses backed by growing accessibility and affordability of mobile and broadband network access are some of the key factors that are anticipated to fuel the content delivery network market demand over the forecast period.
Key Segments of the Global Content Delivery Network (CDN) Market
Content Type Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
Service Provider Outlook, 2018-2025 (USD Million)
- Traditional Commercial CDN
- Cloud CDN
- Peer to Peer CDN
- Telecom CDN
Application Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- Media and Entertainment
- Retail & e-Commerce
- Online Gaming
- IT Telecom
- Public Sectors
- Travel & Tourism
Regional Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global content delivery network market. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Ensure you remain competitive as innovations by existing key players to boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global content delivery network market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the content delivery network industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on content, service provider, and application. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global content delivery network market. The report will benefit:
- Every stakeholder involved in the content delivery network market.
- Managers within the Tech companies looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about the global content delivery network market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of global content delivery network market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
The growing demand for OTT and VOD services is obligating broadcasters to enhance video delivery and provide deliver latency-free content through the network. Simultaneously, the ongoing investments and developments within the network infrastructure, which have enhanced the bandwidth, strengthened connectivity, improved the delivery, and expanded coverage, thus, promoting users to stay connected and access media and receive instant updates. This is encouraging broadcasters to improve the content delivery along with offering diversified content for several applications. The introduction of affordable data plans and smartphones along with high-speed network rollouts are facilitating improved content delivery and are fueling the CDN solution demand.
Content Type Segment
The global content delivery network market contains both static and dynamic segment. The dynamic segment has maximum revenue share within the global content delivery network market in 2019. The growth in the demand for CDN solutions for online gaming services, voice over IP (VoIP), and real-time video streaming have promoted the growth of static CDN solutions in the past few years.
Service Provider Segment
Based on the service provider segment, the market is bifurcated into two traditional commercial CDN, cloud CDN, peer to peer CDN, telecom CDN. In 2019, the traditional commercial CDN segment gathered the largest market revenue and it is anticipated to govern the content delivery network market throughout the forecast period. Various solutions offered by the service providers such as media delivery, network optimization, and content acceleration, have enabled the segment to hold a dominating position within the content delivery network industry. The growth in data consumption throughout the globe is encouraging CDN providers to introduce solutions for content delivery optimization and effective network.
Based on the application, the market is segmented into retail & e-commerce, media & entertainment, BFSI, healthcare, online gaming, travel & tourism, IT & telecom, public sectors. The market for media & entertainment sector is anticipated to possess the largest market share in 2019 since the entertainment companies today are predominantly developing to match their user needs. Moreover, the growing demand for online streaming services and VOD has predominantly compelled optimization of the content delivery and network, thus, augmenting the content delivery network demand.
The global content delivery network market is a wide range to North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and the Middle East & Africa. North America is considered a mature market in the content delivery network applications, owing to an outsized presence of organization with the availability of technical expertise and advanced IT infrastructure. The US and Canada are the highest contributory countries to the expansion of the content delivery network market in North America.
The major players of the global content delivery network market are Limelight Networks, Akamai Technologies, AWS, Google, AT&T, Microsoft, Deutsche Telekom, IBM, Quantil, Fastly, Cloudflare, G-Core Labs, StackPath, and more. The content delivery network market is fragmented with the existence of well-known global and domestic players across the globe.