The global construction chemicals market size was valued at USD 45.1 billion in 2017. The global construction chemical market is driven by the enormous growth prospective for infrastructural investment with changing extravagant lifestyles.
Construction chemicals basically are the chemical compounds utilized in construction enterprises including the residential, non-residential or nonbuilding. The chemicals used, help in minimizing the quantities of cement and water while construction. The construction chemicals will witness a high growth owing to the significant protection they provide from environmental hazards. The chemical compounds include materials that are essential for high quality concrete and for upholding the improvement of concrete presentation. They have a variety of products ranging from flooring chemicals to admixtures, sealants and other water-treatment chemicals. The raw materials used for producing these construction chemicals are manufactured by the chemical companies mainly the polymers
The market for construction chemicals witnessed a tremendous growth post 2004. The main factors which have driven the market are industrialization and urbanisation with increasing construction expenditures. The use of construction chemicals have majorly risen due to the use of innovative products and materials in construction performance. Increased focus on quality and raw material sourcing be the major trends of this market helping to achieve a sustainably high growth.
The global construction chemical market size is dominated by the concrete admixtures making up for a share of 42.1%. It offers greater customization, by modifying the properties of hardened concrete followed by the construction adhesives and construction sealants specifically used to fill in the joints, gaps or cracks between the concrete and the adhesives for high-end applications where flexibility and bonding is required on high priority.
Asia Pacific generated the largest revenue in the global construction chemicals market with revenues exceeding USD 22.9 billion in 2017 followed by the Europe making up for a share of 19.2% owing to reduction in labour and injury cost. The changing government policies with reasonable amount of regulations is also a contributing factor for the market. The government agencies promote the use of saving materials and eco-friendly chemicals which benefit the buyers and the suppliers Furthermore, the excessive marketing activities is also playing a major in driving the demand for construction chemicals in this region.
Construction Chemicals Market Scope
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 6.2% during 2021-2028|
Key segments of the global construction chemicals market
Type Overview, 2015-2025 (Kilo tons) (USD million)
- Concrete Admixture
- Construction Adhesive
- Construction Sealants
- Protective Coatings
Application Overview, 2015-2025 (Kilo tons) (USD million)
- Non-Residential/ Infrastructure
Regional Overview, 2015-2025 (Kilo tons) (USD million)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global construction chemicals market industry.
- The overall segmentation of construction chemicals market especially, the concrete admixtures is revealed in this report. This segment has been gaining immense importance and acts a key segment of the construction chemicals market for generating revenues. Globally, concrete admixtures market is relatively untapped and has tremendous growth potential in this market with the increase in growth prospective for huge infrastructural investment.
- Robust expansion of the construction chemicals industry in Asia Pacific has been mainly driven by the increased necessity for concrete adhesives and sealants to have more durable concrete.
- During research on the construction chemicals on regional and country level, we noticed that the use of a concrete admixtures is expanding and being recognized for its value. With the effective cost of adhesives, sealants and with the advent of improved technologies, the buyers and suppliers are being more reliable on these types, making it an essential part of the construction chemicals.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global construction chemicals market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- Additionally, the market has been evaluated using the value chain and Porter’s Five Forces’ analysis
- The study covers qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of type, application and region. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments
- The study includes the profiles of key players in the market with a significant global and/or regional presence
Who should buy this report?
This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the construction chemicals industry, who want an in-depth insight into the market
The report will benefit:
- Executives of construction chemicals manufacturing companies that are engaged in the chemical manufacturing and distribution
- Managers within financial institutions looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics pertaining to construction chemicals.
- Venture capitalist looking into investing capital
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers and financial organizations looking for innovative solutions.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies