There is an always need for innovation and work to be done in the market. One such area of research is in the commercial aircraft angle of attack sensors market, which has seen a variety of new developments over the past few years.
Drivers of the Market
1. Growing Demand for Enhanced Passenger Comfort: There is an increasing demand for advanced commercial aircrafts equipped with sensors that can provide real-time updates on the status of the aircraft, including angle of attack. These types of sensors help to ensure a safe and comfortable flight experience, as they provide information regarding turbulence, wind speed, and other elements that could affect the safety of the aircraft. In addition, these sensors help to reduce fuel consumption by improving efficiency. As such, this has increased the demand for commercial aircraft angle of attack sensors in recent years.
2. Increasing Use of Aircraft Systems: Another major driver of the commercial aircraft angle of attack sensor market is the increasing use of various aircraft systems by airlines. These systems are used to monitor engine performance and ensure that the plane maintains its optimal power during flights. Moreover, data from these systems can be used to improve safety measures on board an aircraft. As a result, this has created a need for more sophisticated angle of attack sensors in order to accurately measure angles and their changes in real time during flight operations.
Advantages of the Market
1. Enhanced Safety: The increased use of angle of attack sensors will help ensure that aircraft remain within their safe operational limits and reduce the chances of accidents caused by stall conditions.
2. Improved Performance: By ensuring that the aircraft is operating at optimum angles, these sensors can also be used to improve performance. This could lead to fuel savings and emissions reductions as well as improved handling for pilots.
3. Cost Effectiveness: These sensors are relatively inexpensive compared to other forms of aircraft instrumentation and do not require extensive maintenance or calibration, which makes them an attractive option for commercial airlines.
Market value and CAGR
The market value and CAGR of the Commercial Aircraft Angle of Attack Sensors Market is expected to reach $7.41 billion by 2032 and grow at a CAGR of 4.4% from 2021 to 2032.
This growth is mainly attributed to the increasing need for aircraft safety, improved efficiency and reduced costs associated with aircraft maintenance.
Challenges of the Market
1. Technological Advancement: The Commercial Aircraft Angle of Attack Sensors Market is highly competitive, with numerous players offering a wide variety of products and solutions. This makes it difficult for players to remain competitive and develop innovative solutions that can meet the needs of customers. To stay ahead of the competition, companies must continuously invest in research and development to ensure that their products are up to date with the latest technology advancements.
2. High Cost: As the Commercial Aircraft Angle of Attack Sensors Market is dominated by large companies, they often have higher production costs due to their scale of operations. This increases the overall cost of these products which may make them unaffordable for some customers, thus limiting its adoption in certain areas.
Honeywell International Inc., Curtiss-Wright Corporation, Rockwell Collins, Inc. (United Technologies Corporation), Safran SA, Kolomna Inc. (Elbit Systems Ltd.), Eaton Corporation PLC., Esterline Technologies Corporation, and Aerospace Sensors LLC.
The most demanded product of the Commercial Aircraft Angle of Attack Sensors Market is expected to be the 3D-magneto resistive type, owing to its superior accuracy and reliability compared to other types of sensors.
The application segment of the Commercial Aircraft Angle of Attack Sensors Market is expected to be dominated by stall warning and air data sensing, due to the increasing emphasis on aircraft safety and performance.
The end user segment of the Commercial Aircraft Angle of Attack Sensors Market is likely to be dominated by original equipment manufacturers (OEMs), because they are the primary users of these sensors in the manufacturing process.
In terms of region, North America is projected to emerge as the largest market for Commercial Aircraft Angle Of Attack Sensors over the forecast period, driven by rising demand for aircraft from countries such as the US, Canada and Mexico.
Competitive Landscape: The Commercial Aircraft Angle Of Attack Sensors Market will witness intense competition between market participants in order to gain customer loyalty by providing technologically advanced products at competitive prices. The leading players are focusing on product development through research and development activities in order to stay ahead in this highly competitive market. Some of these top players are: AMETEK Inc., Honeywell International Inc., Thales Group, Murata Manufacturing Co. Ltd., L3Harris Technologies
Impact of Covid-19
The outbreak of Covid-19 has severely impacted the commercial aircraft angle of attack sensors market. The commercial aviation industry has been one of the worst hit industries due to the pandemic with a sharp decline in air travel demand. This has led to a decrease in production of commercial aircraft, which in turn has affected the demand for angle of attack sensors. Moreover, the lockdown imposed by various countries across the globe has disrupted the supply chain of angle of attack sensors, thereby further hampering the market growth.
One major development in the market has been the introduction of new technologies such as MEMS and silicon-based sensors. These sensors are capable of providing higher accuracy and faster response times than traditional optical or mechanical instruments, which makes them ideal for the aviation industry. Additionally, these sensors also offer enhanced performance in extreme temperature conditions. Furthermore, several major aircraft manufacturers are now using angle of attack (AOA) sensors to improve the safety, efficiency and reliability of their aircrafts.
Another key development has been the emergence of advanced dynamic models to predict the behaviour of an aircraft during flight. By integrating AOA sensors with dynamic models, aircraft designers can better understand the behaviour of an airplane by analysing data from these devices. Moreover, various software applications have also been developed to help engineers analyse this data and make more accurate predictions regarding the performance of an aircraft.
Commercial Aircraft Angle of Attack Sensors Market Scope
|Forecast Unit||Value (USD)|
|Revenue forecast in 2032||$7.41 billion|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 4.4% during 2021-2032|
|Segment Covered||Type, Application, Regions|
|Regions Covered||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa|
|Key Players Profiled||Honeywell International Inc., Curtiss-Wright Corporation, Rockwell Collins, Inc. (United Technologies Corporation), Safran SA, Kolomna Inc. (Elbit Systems Ltd.), Eaton Corporation PLC., Esterline Technologies Corporation, and Aerospace Sensors LLC.|
Key Segment of Commercial Aircraft Angle of Attack Sensors Market
By Type Overview 2021-2031, (USD Billion)
• Vane angle of attack sensor
• zero pressure angle of attack sensor
By Application Overview 2021-2031, (USD Billion)
• Narrow-body aircraft
• Wide-body aircraft
• regional jet
By Region Overview 2021-2031, (USD Billion)
• Rest of Asia Pacific
• Rest of North America
• Rest of Europe
Middle East and Africa