Today’s cloud and multi-cloud environments are highly distributed, accessed by a much larger set of constituents and far more difficult and complex to monitor and control. Unlike conventional data centers, cloud infrastructure is owned and operated by the cloud provider and governed by a shared responsibility model. The cloud provider provides directory services and user authentication, authorization and auditing functions for cloud infrastructure and services. Traditional designations of privileged and non-privileged access simply don’t map to the cloud; IT and security planners cannot extend traditional IAM tools and permission models to the cloud.
Identity and Access Management technology can be used to initiate, capture, record, and manage user identities and their access permissions. All users are authenticated, authorized, and evaluated according to policies and roles. Poorly controlled IAM processes may lead to regulatory non-compliance; if the organization is audited, management may not be able to prove that company data is not at risk of being misused.
The global cloud IAM market size is predicted to reach over USD 16.4 billion by 2028. This can be ascribed to the rising data breaches and cyber attacks across the world. Besides, the increasing use of smart devices and uptick in IoT adoption is another factor driving the market growth for cloud IAM.
However, the lack of awareness and deployment challenges are some of the factors which are expected to restrain the market growth.
Key Segments of the Global Cloud IAM Market
Type Overview, 2019-2028 (USD Billion)
- Public Cloud
- Private Cloud
- Hybrid Cloud
Application Overview, 2019-2028 (USD Billion)
- Large enterprises
Regional Overview, 2019-2028 (USD Billion)
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global cloud IAM market. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Ensure you remain competitive as innovations by existing key players to boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global cloud IAM market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the cloud IAM industry and their strategic initiatives for product development.
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on type, and application. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global cloud IAM market. The report will benefit Every stakeholder involved in the cloud IAM market.
- Managers within the cloud IAM industry looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about the global cloud IAM market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of the global cloud IAM market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and government institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
The growth of competition in cloud IAM market around the globe is expected to provide substantial market growth. Moreover, the increasing number of cyber attacks and data breaches are helping increase the cloud IAM solution adoption which in turn is adding to the market’s growth. These factors are helping the market grow. The market is consolidated as several major market players currently hold the major market share. However, the market is expected to become fragmented in the forthcoming years as several new market players are emerging from developing countries such as India, Japan, China, and other countries.
Based on the type segment, the market is classified into Public Cloud, Private Cloud and Hybrid Cloud. The public cloud segment is predicted to hold the major share of the market while the private cloud segment is expected to witness rapid growth. This is owing to the lower cost and high adoption by several enterprises..
Based on the application, the market is segmented into SMEs, and large enterprises. In 2020, the large enterprises segment captured the major part of the total market. The said segment is likely to remain the largest segment owing to complex IT environment to support work functions along with large number of devices connected to enterprise server.
The North American region is likely to account for the maximum market contribution during the forecast years. The domination of this region is largely ascribed to the increasing cyber attacks targeting the US enterprises, adoption of cloud IAM solutions to protect against them, and market maturity. However, the Asia-Pacific is likely to gather noteworthy growth through the forecast years 2021-2028. The growth of the Cloud IAM market in this region is mostly ascribed to the growth in number of enterprises realizing the importance of cloud IAM solutions in countries such as India, Japan, and China.
The major players of the global cloud IAM market are IBM, Microsoft, Salesforce, SAP, Okta, CA Technologies, Acuant Inc, Janrain, LoginRadius, Ping Identity, Imprivata and Akamai. In addition, the previously recognized as well as new market players are approaching the market with advanced and new strategic services and solutions and to remain competitive in the global market.