Chamomile is one of the member of daisy plants, which comprises of two main species, including Roman chamomile and German chamomile that are known as Chamaemelum Nobile and Marticaria Recutita, respectively. The flower is cultivated on a commercial scale across North West Asia, Europe, North Africa, and North America. The main constituents of this plant comprise of azulenes, terpenoids, α-bisabolol, and its oxides. The plant has been used as a medicinal herb since the medieval ages across ancient Greece, Rome, and Egypt region. Over the years, the flower application has further expanded its application to utilize as an essential oil. The flower extracts are used as an herbal tea and powder along with essential oils across multiple end user industry.
The chamomile market is expected to grow at CAGR of over 10% in terms of revenue for the forecasted timeline. The chamomile plant is used for various applications including aromatherapy, perfumes, herbal tea, pharmaceuticals, medicines, healthcare products, which utilize this herb in the form of dried flowers, powder or oil. Chamomile is used as medicine for ointments, plasters, medicinal baths, and pouches. The essential oils and flower extracts are therefore prescribed in ingredients for traditional herbal remedies. In the past few decades, its utilization has expanded to alternative systems of medicine (CAM), including Unani and Homeopathy. The product over the past years have witnessed significant application for flavor and essence to the verities of food and herbal beverages have boosted product demand, which in turn has led to its cultivation across different regions of the globe.
Ongoing paradigm shift toward improving health conditions and rising population across the globe is leading to increased consumption in various end users, and is escalating the product consumption. The chamomile is used as for flavors and essence in various food stuffs and improving essence in flavored drinks. The ongoing product enhancement activities of the industry players to enhance its application is anticipated to complement the industry outlook in the coming years. Its numerous advantages along with wide application across medical and food & beverages sector without any significant side effects is poised to positively influence the industry size in the coming years.
Key segments across Chamomile market
- Form Overview, 2018-2025, (USD Million and Tons)
- Essential Oils
- End Use Overview, 2018-2025, (USD Million and Tons)
- Personal Care
- Perfume Industry
- Food & Beverages
- Regional Overview, 2018-2025, (USD Million and Tons)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Northern Africa
- Southern Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- North America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global Chamomile industry. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Be prepared for how investments across the industry will be impacted by socio-political and economic factors over the next few years
- Ensure you remain competitive as new innovations by existing key players boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on global Chamomile includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of form and end use. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global Chamomile industry. The report will benefit:
- Every stakeholder involved in manufacturing and distributing components or solutions.
- Managers within financial institutions looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics pertaining to the global Chamomile industry.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and financial organizations looking for T&D investment trends in the global Chamomile industry.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
The chamomile is a medicinal herb that belongs to India, Western Asia, and the Western European region. However, with its growing demand across healthcare and cosmetics sectors, the American countries are also nurturing the chamomile plants. Moreover, chamomile flowers are really useful in home remedies as it has herbal and medicinal benefits. In addition, chamomile tea also helps in reducing the inflammation and the risk of several cancer types.
The current and future chamomile market trends are outlined to determine the overall attractiveness of the market. Top impacting factors highlight the chamomile market opportunities during the forecast period. Factors such as rising consumption of the product owing to numerous health benefits are the major factor driving the market growth. In addition, increasing the application of the product across numerous end-users are some of the key factors fueling the demand for chamomile products. However, the high availability of substitutes is the major factor hindering chamomile market growth. Furthermore, growing demand from developing countries is anticipated to provide major growth opportunities for the market in the upcoming years.
On the basis of the material segment, the market is categorized into essential oils and extracts segment. Extracts segment dominates the global Chamomile market in 2018 in terms of tons and essential oils is anticipated to gain significant growth for the forecast period 2019-2025.
End Use Segment
Chamomile market is segmented into aromatherapy, personal care, pharmaceuticals, perfume industry, food & beverages, and others on the basis of end use. In this segment, food & beverages segment is anticipated to hold a major share in the coming years.
The European region holds the major market share in the chamomile market. The escalated demand for chamomile tea and powder pertaining to its health benefits is driving the industry growth. The market growth in this region is primarily attributed to the growing use of essential oils in manufacturing numerous other drinks and foods. In addition, increasing demand among flavoring manufacturers to produce flavorings based on natural ingredients is driving the market demand in this region.
The major players operating across the global Chamomile market include d?TERRA, Mountain Rose Herbs, Kanta Group, Lebermuth, Young Living Essential Oils, Ultra International B.V., and Territorial Seed Company, including others. The industry for Chamomile is integrated with the participation of global players and regional players across the globe. In addition, these companies are focusing on expanding their footprint through implementation of inorganic strategies such as partnerships and acquisitions which in turn is proliferating the business outlook.