Brushless DC electric motors are the synchronous motor in which rotation of the shaft is in synchronization with the supply current frequency that is powered by a direct current (DC) electric source through an integrated switching power supply, which generates an alternating current (AC) electric signal to drive the motor. It is further integrated with sensors and electronics to control the inverter amplitude, waveform, and frequency. The motors offer multiple advantages including reduced noise, longer lifetime, increased reliability, and lower electromagnetic interference, which in turn is augmenting the industry growth.
High operating speed, peak point efficiency, quick response, higher efficiency, and less rotor heat are some of the prime factors which have positively impacted the adoption of brushless DC motor. Its versatile application ranging from motion control systems to positioning and actuation systems has made its adoption preferable in comparison to other available alternatives. In addition, the surging demand for sensor-less controls from brushless DC motor is gaining popularity as it enhances product durability and reliability which reduces the mechanical misalignments and number of electrical connections. Moreover, the rising adoption of the electric vehicle has further contributed to reinforce the demand for the product which will drive the industry in the coming years.
Brushless DC motor offers numerous features including efficiency, reduced mechanical energy loss, precise controlling, high reliability, and reduced mechanical complexity, which have favoured its market penetration. The brushless DC motor industry is witnessing upsurge owing to their growing usage consumer electronics, electric vehicles, robotics, medical equipment, and industrial automation.
Key segments across Brushless DC Motors Market
- Type Overview, 2018-2025, (USD Million)
- Inner Motor
- Outer Motor
- Applications Overview, 2018-2025, (USD Million)
- Medical Devices
- Consumer Electronics
- Power Capacity Overview, 2018-2025, (USD Million)
- < 10 kW
- 10 kW to 200 kW
- > 200 kW
- Regional Overview, 2018-2025, (USD Million)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
- North America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global Brushless DCmotor market. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Be prepared for how electric motor industry investments and Brushless DCmotor will be impacted by socio-political and economic factors over the next few years
- Ensure you remain competitive as new innovations by existing key players boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global Brushless DC motor includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of type and end-user. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global Brushless DC motor. The report will benefit:
- Every stakeholder involved in manufacturing and distributing components or solutions.
- Managers within financial institutions looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics pertaining to the global Brushless DC motor.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers and financial organizations looking for T&D investment trends in global Brushless DC motor.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
In recent years, brushless DC motors have witnessed significant penetration owing to increased efficiency, long life, smooth operation, and capability to perform functions at high speed when compared to other available alternatives. In the past decade, their application was limited due to the high cost of the overall system, which is used to operate these motors. However, research & development activities have contributed toward reducing the controller costs. As a result, the product in the recent few years has witnessed extensive penetration owing to its versatile application from HVAC to automobile, and consumer electronics to medical devices. Electric motors are extensively used in HVAC systems as it offers higher efficiency in air-flow based systems and enhances operating life. Furthermore, surging penetration of electric vehicles has escalated the demand for the motors on account of its utilization as shunt-wound motors and compound-wound motors. Moreover, its application across electric curtains, printing machines, vacuum cleaners, air purifiers, and fax machines are projected to witness an upsurge in the coming years.
The brushless DC motor has attained significant penetration owing to its growing industrialization and technological advancement across the globe. Although, the high cost of motor controllers along with penetration of the grey market have limited adoption of efficient and quality products. However, stricter regulation to restrict the usage of counterfeit products along with growing regulatory support and industry efforts to integrate the motors with the industrial machines in order to enhance the efficiency will complement the industry landscape.
On the basis of the type segment, the market is categorized into inner rotor and outer rotor. Inner Rotor type, dominates the global brushless DC motor market in 2019 and is anticipated to dominate the industry for the forecast period 2020-2025 and is expected to witness a growth rate of over 5%.
On the basis of application, the market is bifurcated into automotive, manufacturing, medical devices, consumer electronics, and others. In 2019, the consumer electronics segment is anticipated to dominate the industry share and the automotive segment is anticipated to attain a high growth rate in the coming years.
Brushless DC motor market is segmented into < 10 kW, 10 kW to 200 kW and above 200 kW. In 2019, the < 10 kW is accounted for major contributors in revenue and it is expected to lead the Brushless DC motor industry thorough the forecast timeline.
Asia Pacific region is anticipated to lead the share for global brushless DC motor market over the forecast period, on account of growing demand from the automotive and consumer electronics industry. Growing countries, including China, India, and Taiwan are projected to drive the growth on account of ongoing industrialization and surging penetration of automobiles. The well-established market for consumer electronics will further sway the penetration of the product. Rising middle-class income levels along with positive government outlook toward the establishment of manufacturing facilities to support industrialization are driving the industry growth.
The North America region is anticipated to grow at a significant rate over the years. In recent years rising demand for medical devices to improve life expectancy along with the rising application of automobiles is driving the industry growth. The region is further focussing toward the integration of advanced technology including robots and automation which will further proliferate the business landscape.
The major industry players operating across the global brushless DC motor market include Johnson Electric Holdings, Nidec Corporation, Allied Motion Technologies, AMETEK, Minebea, Faulhaber, Buhler Motor, Arc Systems, and Schnieder Electric. The motor industry is consolidated with the presence of global and domestic players across the globe. The industry players are adopting inorganic growth strategies including merger & acquisitions, joint ventures expand their market presence.