Beer is crafted by using four ingredients which include malted cereal grains, hops, yeast, and water. The cereal grain comprises of rice, barley, wheat, and rye, which are blend with additives such as fruits and herbs. These ingredients undergo the fermentation process for a designated time to convert it to beer. The ale and lager are the categories of beer, which majorly contributes to the beer processing industry size and are distinguished by their fermentation temperature. The lager is distilled at lower temperature (40°-55°F), whereas ale is brewed at a higher temperature (50°-65°F).
The beer processing is gaining significant growth on account of increasing focus toward natural lager. Further, the rising number of brewpubs and microbreweries is significantly contributing toward the industry growth. Moreover, the bottling hardware along with increasing focus toward developing new beer type have escalated the demand beer processors. The shifting trend toward organic and low-alcohol beer along with the rising number of microbreweries, and brewpubs, has significantly contributed to the beer processing industry size.
Growing demand for premium and artisanal beer along with a growing number of breweries is diving the industry size. Furthermore, the rising number of female drinkers along with an increasing number of youth population is significantly contributing to the industry size. Increasing demand for low-alcohol drink has compelled industry players to add low-alcohol products to their product portfolio, which in turn is stimulating the industry outlook.
Key segments across Beer Processing market
- Brewery Type Overview, 2018-2025, (USD Billion and billion litres)
- Brew Pubs
- Beer Type Overview, 2018-2025, (USD Billion and billion litres)
- Ale & Stout
- Specialty Beer
- Low Alcohol Beer
- Regional Overview, 2018-2025, (USD Billion and billion litres)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
- North America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global Beer Processing industry. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Be prepared for how investments across chemical and material industry will be impacted by socio-political and economic factors over the next few years
- Ensure you remain competitive as new innovations by existing key players boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on global Beer Processing includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of brewery type, and beer type. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global Beer Processing industry. The report will benefit:
- Every stakeholder involved in manufacturing and distributing components or solutions.
- Managers within financial institutions looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics pertaining to the global Beer Processing industry.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and financial organizations looking for T&D investment trends in the global Beer Processing industry.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
Over the years, rising demand for premium and super premium category beer has contributed to the industry growth. Industry players across the market are focused toward achieving economies of scale to attain profit and significant penetration in the industry. Further, ongoing advancements and product innovations across the industry have compelled the demand for improved brewery equipment among the beer processors. Growing suburban migration along with changing young population preference for drinks is escalating the product demand. Rising middle class income along with changing lifestyle is positively influencing the industry growth. Furthermore, shifting trend toward processing craft beer coupled with ongoing development to offer improved processed beer is stimulating the industry size.
Ongoing paradigm shift in the alcohol consumption pattern and improving lifestyle across the developing region is positively influencing the business landscape. Although, health risk associated with alcohol consumption along with large presence of substitutes of alcoholic beverage have hampered the industry growth. However, a growing number of pubs and microbreweries are proliferating the industry size.
Brewery Type Segment
On the basis of the brewer type segment, the market is categorized into macrobrewery, microbrewery, brew pubs, and others. The macrobrewery segment is analyzed to hold a significant share across the segment in 2018 and brew pubs is projected to observe substantial CAGR in the coming years.
Beer Type Segment
Beer Processing market is segmented into ale & stout, lager, specialty beer, and low alcohol beer on the basis of beer type. In 2018, lager accounted for major contributors in revenue and it is expected to lead the Beer Processing industry thorough the forecast timeline.
North America is anticipated to witness considerable growth rate in the coming years. Rising investment activities by leading beer manufacturers to expand their product portfolio is analyzed to favor the industry growth. Furthermore, shifting trend toward enhancing their distribution channels through expansion of Retail stores, including large chains of convenience stores or supermarkets is anticipated to proliferate the industry size over the forecast timeline.
The major players of the global Beer Processing market are Alfa Level, Anheuser-Busch, Heineken, United Breweries, China Resources Snow Breweries, Carlsberg A/S, Paul Mueller, GEA Group, and Krones, including others. As of 2018, the market moderately consolidated with the presence of established global and domestic players across the globe.