PVC leather is widely used in automotive upholstery due to its properties such as high durability, abrasion resistance, and easy maintenance. It is also cheaper than natural leather, which makes it a preferred choice among automakers. PU leather is slowly gaining popularity in the automotive industry due to its superior comfort and aesthetic appeal.
The automotive industry is one of the most important industries in the world. It is responsible for the production of vehicles, which are used for transportation and other purposes. The automotive industry is also a major employer, providing jobs for millions of people around the world. The automotive industry is constantly evolving, and new technologies and materials are being developed all the time. One of the most important materials used in the automotive industry is leather. Leather is used in many different parts of vehicles, including seats, door panels, instrument panels, consoles, and other areas.
There are two main types of leather used in the automotive industry: PVC leather and PU leather. PVC leather is made from polyvinyl chloride, while PU leather is made from polyurethane. Both types of leather have their own advantages and disadvantages. PVC leather is cheaper than PU leather, but it is not as durable. PVC leather can also be damaged by heat, so it is not ideal for use in areas such as seats that might be exposed to sunlight or other sources of heat. PU leather is more expensive than PVC leather, but it is more durable and resistant to damage from heat.
The automotive PVC and PU leather market is growing due to the increasing demand for luxury cars and the rising disposable incomes of consumers. The market is also being driven by the increasing popularity of synthetic leathers in the automotive industry. Synthetic leathers offer a number of advantages over natural leathers, including resistance to water, stains, and UV light. They are also more durable and easier to clean than natural leathers.
Polyvinyl chloride or PVC is a type of plastic that is widely used in various applications due to its durability and low cost. PVC is used in the manufacturing of automotive upholstery, as it is resistant to abrasion and fading. Polyurethane or PU leather is another type of synthetic leather that is made from polyurethane, a polymer that is highly elastic. PU leather is widely used in the automotive industry owing to its resistance to tearing and stretching.
The global automotive PVC and PU leather market are anticipated to reach USD 1322.25 Mn by 2031 from USD 1104.80 Mn in 2021, at a CAGR of 2.60%.
The report offers an extensive analysis of key drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges that influence the growth of the automotive PVC and PU leather market.
The automotive PVC and PU leather market is restrained by the following factors:
1. Volatile raw material prices: The prices of PVC and PU, the key raw materials used in the production of automotive PVC and PU leather, are highly volatile. This makes it difficult for manufacturers to accurately predict their costs, which can impact their margins.
2. Limited color options: Automotive PVC and PU leather is typically available in black or brown. While this may be sufficient for some applications, it limits the design options for others.
3. Competing materials: There are a number of other materials that can be used for automotive upholstery, including cloth and genuine leather. These competing materials may be preferred for certain applications due to their appearance, durability, or other properties.
The key players of the automotive PVC and PU leather market are Toray Industries, Inc. (Japan), Asahi Kasei Corporation (Japan), Fuyang Sinochem Foreign Trade Co., Ltd. (China), Shenzhen Nanosun Technology Co., Ltd. (China), Zhejiang Huafon Spandex Co., Ltd. (China), Wenzhou Jutai Leather Co., Ltd. (China), and others.
The automotive seat covers segment to form major portion of the market
The automotive seat covers segment is estimated to be the largest application of PVC and PU leather in the automotive industry. Seat covers are one of the most important elements in a vehicle's interior design and comfort. They not only protect the original upholstery from wear and tear but also enhance the overall aesthetic appeal of the vehicle.
The PVC leather Segment to be on top of the market
In terms of value, the PVC leather segment is projected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. PVC leather is widely used in automotive applications such as seats and door panels due to its superior properties such as high resistance to abrasion and tearing.
Asia Pacific to dominate the market
The Asia Pacific is estimated to be the largest market for automotive PVC and PU leather due to the growing demand from countries such as China, India, and Japan. The region has witnessed a significant growth in the automotive industry due to factors such as rapid urbanization, increasing disposable incomes, and changing lifestyles.
Covid-19 Impact & Market Status
The COVID-19 pandemic has severely impacted the automotive industry globally, with production disruptions, supply chain disruptions, and declining demand. The PVC and PU leather market is no exception and has been impacted in terms of both demand and supply. On the supply side, there have been disruptions to the supply of raw materials for PVC and PU leather as a result of lockdown measures and travel restrictions. This has led to an increase in prices of these raw materials. Additionally, there has been a decrease in capacity utilization at auto plants due to the pandemic, which has had a negative impact on production levels.
Latest Innovations in the Global Automotive PVC and PU Leather Market: A Snapshot
1. Increasing demand for luxury and premium vehicles: There is an increasing demand for luxury and premium vehicles globally, which is expected to drive the growth of the automotive PVC and PU leather market.
2. Growing preference for eco-friendly materials: With the growing awareness about the need to conserve environment, there is a growing preference for eco-friendly materials. This is expected to boost the demand for PVC and PU leather made from recycled materials.
3. Technological advancements: Various technological advancements have been made in the production of PVC and PU leather, which has led to improved quality and durability of these materials. This is expected to fuel the growth of the automotive PVC and PU leather market.
4. Stringent government regulations: Government regulations regarding emission standards are becoming increasingly stringent, which is expected to boost the demand for PVC and PU leather in automobiles.
Automotive PVC and PU Leather Market Scope
|Revenue forecast in 2031
|USD 1322.25 Mn
|CAGR of 2.60% during 2021-2031
|Type, Application, Regions
|North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa
|Key Players Profiled
|Toray Industries, Inc. (Japan), Asahi Kasei Corporation (Japan), Fuyang Sinochem Foreign Trade Co., Ltd. (China), Shenzhen Nanosun Technology Co., Ltd. (China), Zhejiang Huafon Spandex Co., Ltd. (China), Wenzhou Jutai Leather Co., Ltd. (China), and others.
Key Segment of Global Automotive PVC and PU Leather Market
By Type Overview (USD Million)
• PVC Leather
• PU Leather
By Application Overview (USD Million)
• Defence Seats
• Door Panel
• Instrument Panel
By Region Overview (USD Million)
• Rest of Asia Pacific
• Rest of North America
• Rest of Europe
Middle East and Africa