The value of the Antibiotic Resistance market is projected to grow to $17387.01 Million with an estimated CAGR of 5.34% by 2030
Key factors driving the antibiotic resistance market growth include high saddle of antibiotic-resistant infections as well as emergence of multi-drug resistant pathogens. On the other hand, there are many biotech companies undertaking the challenge of making therapies for antibiotic resistance Therapeutics including Achaogen, Melinta Therapeutics and Nabriva. Moreover, contribution of theses international organizations benefits as catalyst in the developed markets.
The global market of antibiotic resistance has been segmented by different disease type, drug class, pathogen and geography. Further, disease type segment of the market has been bifurcated into cIAI, cUTI, CDI, BSI, ABSSSI, HABP/VABP and CABP. cUTI division of the segment dominated the market with largest antibiotic resistance market share in 2017 because of higher coat of overall treatment and limited alternatives available for treatment in some cases.
Likewise, pathogen segment of the global antibiotic resistance market has been sub-divided into pseudomonas aeruginosa (Carbapenem-Resistant), acinetobacter baumannii (Carbapenem-Resistant and ESBL-producing), staphylococcus Aureus (Methicillin-Resistant), e. coli/K. pneumoniae (Carbapenem-Resistant),clostridium difficile (Cephalosporin-Resistant, enterococcus faecium (Vancomycin-Resistant), streptococcus pneumoniae (Penicillin-Non-Susceptible), Tetracycline-Resistant) as well as haemophilus Influenzae (Ampicillin-Resistant).
On the basis of drug class, the global antibiotic resistance market has been sub-segmented into oxazolidinones, lipoglycopeptides, tetracyclines, combination therapies, cephalosporins and others, that include varied drug classes. Lipoglycopeptides division of the segment is expected to lead the market in terms of revenue in upcoming years.
Geographically, market is led by North America in terms of revenue in the historical year 2017. North America is followed by Europe owing to increasing number of antibiotic-resistant infections.
Some of the key players’ operatingin the antibiotic resistance market across the globe include Merck, Pfizer, Allergan and Melinta Therapeutics.
Antibiotic Resistance Market Scope
|Forecast Unit||Value (USD)|
|Revenue forecast in 2030||$17387.01 Million|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 5.34% during 2021-2030|
|Segment Covered||by Type, Treatment, Regions|
|Regions Covered||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa|
|Key Players Profiled||Pfizer, Inc., GlaxoSmith Kline, Johnsons & Johnson, Merck & Co., Inc., Teva Pharmaceutical Industries ltd., Baxter Healthcare Corporation, and others.|
Key segments of the global antibiotic resistance market include:
- Disease Type Segment
- Complicated Urinary Tract Infection (cUTI)
- Blood Stream Infections (BSI)
- Clostridium difficile infections (CDI)
- Complicated Intra-Abdominal Infections (cIAI)
- Hospital Acquired Bacterial Pneumonia/Ventilator (HABP/VABP)
- Acute Bacterial Skin and Skin Structure Infections (ABSSSI)
- Community Acquired Bacterial Pneumonia (CABP)
- Pathogen Segment
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa (Carbapenem-Resistant)
- Acinetobacter baumannii (Carbapenem-Resistant and ESBL-producing)
- Streptococcus pneumoniae (Penicillin-Non-Susceptible)
- Haemophilus Influenzae (Ampicillin-Resistant)
- Staphylococcus Aureus (Methicillin-Resistant)
- E. coli/K. pneumoniae (Carbapenem-Resistant)
- Enterococcus faecium (Vancomycin-Resistant)
- Clostridium difficile (Cephalosporin-Resistant, Tetracycline-Resistant)
- Drug Class Segment
- Combination therapies
- Geographical Segmentation
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Hong Kong
- Latin America
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Saudi Arabia