The global allantoin market size was USD 473.7 million in 2017. Its usage for the production of preventive pharmaceutical products due to its moisturizing, and anti-irritant properties is expected to drive the global allantoin market demand over the projected period.
Global Allantoin Market Size, By Region, 2015-2025 (USD Million)
The global allantoin industry is expected to provide an opportunity for cosmetic manufacturers due to the high demand for hair care, skin care, and bath products. Moreover, increased usage in oral care products such as toothpaste and mouthwash has increased its popularity over the past few years.
The global cosmetics industry increased over 4% in 2017 in comparison with statistics in 2016. Increase in distribution channels, the rising popularity of social media for marketing, and increased purchasing power is expected to drive the global cosmetics industry over the projected period. Increasing consumption in lipsticks, lip ointments, hand and body creams, shaving products, sun and after-sun care products, face and baby wipes, baby and foot powders, acne products, antiperspirants and deodorants, and diaper rash creams are expected to drive the global allantoin market concentration for cosmetics applications. Moreover, increased support from the U.S. FDA, REACH, and European Commission for the utilization of allantoin as an ingredient in pharmaceutical and cosmetic products is expected to be a favorable factor for market expansion over the coming years. Furthermore, superior cell proliferation has increased the demand for the chemical in agrochemicals, which in turn is expected to augment the global allantoin market size over the projected period.
Global Allantoin Market Share, By Application, 2017 (%)
North America accounted for nearly 30% of the global allantoin market share in 2017. North America personal care & cosmetics market was valued at more than USD 90 billion in 2017. Rising inclination towards appearance and high purchasing power has increased cosmetics market sales in this region over the past few years. Increasing adoption of allantoin in cosmetic products such as shampoos, shaving lotions, and creams by virtue of cell proliferation and moisturizing characteristics is expected to drive the allantoin market growth over the projected period.
The Latin America allantoin market size accounted for more than USD 40 million in 2017. Increasing manufacturing of generic drugs by virtue of expiry of a number of key patents over the past few years is expected to offer opportunities for the startup of new facilities in Latin America. Moreover, pharmaceutical manufacturers are expanding their facilities in Latin American countries in order to cater to the untapped market, which in turn, is expected to drive the allantoin market for pharmaceutical applications. For instance, Mundipharma, has already operations in Colombia and Brazil is looking to expand their operations in Argentina, Ecuador, Chile, Venezuela, and Peru.
- ban executed on allantoin \extracted from comfrey plants is expected to hamper the global market over the coming years. Australia, Europe, and the U.S. have strict regulations on the consumption of comfrey extracts for internal use. In addition, low product penetration and limited consumer awareness about allantoin based products in the Middle East & Africa are expected to be a key market challenge.
The global allantoin market is fragmented with the presence of several manufacturers present across the globe. Key manufacturers include Clariant, Ashland, RITA Corporation, Akema Fine Chemicals, Merck KGaA, LUBON INDUSTRY, Huanghua Suntime Chemical Industry Co., Ltd, and Allan Chemical Corporation. Producers operating in this industry are adopting direct distribution channel by offering raw material procurement contract. For instance, manufacturers such as Akema Fine Chemicals, and Luotian Guanghui are involved in raw material production and providing allantoin to pharmaceuticals and cosmetics end users.
Global Allantoin Market
|Forecast Unit||Value (USD)|
|Revenue forecast in 2025||USD 778.1 million|
|Segment Covered||Application, Regions|
|Regions Covered||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, Latin America|
|Key Players Profiled||RITA Corporation, Akema Fine Chemicals, Merck KGaA, LUBON INDUSTRY, Huanghua Suntime Chemical Industry Co., Ltd, and Allan Chemical Corporation.|
Key segments of the global allantoin market
Application Overview, 2015-2025 (Kilo Tons) (USD Million)
- Oral hygiene
Regional Overview, 2015-2025 (Kilo Tons) (USD Million)
- North America
- Middle East & Africa
- Latin America
Reasons for the study
- The study assesses the dynamics and movement of the global allantoin market across various geographies
- While studying the global allantoin market, we observed that the demand for cosmetics is expected to be tremendous in developing countries
- The market is fragmented and major players have their presence across the globe. The companies, as a strategic step planning to enter untapped market in the coming years
What does the report include?
- The study on the global allantoin market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, and restraints
- The study covers qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of application. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments
- The study includes the profiles of key players in the market with a significant global and/or regional presence
Who should you buy this report?
- The global allantoin market study meets the needs for various parties including government and non-government associations, consultants , analysts, researchers and academicians
- The report is also suitable for companies that are currently operating in the market as well as those looking to integrate their operations from either raw material manufacturing or downstream products.
- Moreover, the study can also help new entrants take informed decisions about venturing into the market.