Global 3D printing powder market accounted for a market value of USD nearly 391 million in the year 2019 and is projected to grow at a CAGR of more than 21% over the forecast period. A large part of the 3D printers that are presently available in the global market are based on powders not filaments. 3D printing powder is digitally controlled layering used to create a 3D model from the powder supplied to 3D printers. Key materials used in the 3D printing powder is stainless steel, steel, titanium alloys, aluminum alloys, nickel and super alloys of chromium. In 3D printing powder of various kinds, some pure metals such as palladium, platinum, silver and gold are also used.
3D printing powders have a characteristic packing density and specific morphology that ensure uniformity and good flow in 3D printing of different objects. 3D powder form and particle size vary significantly on the basis of the final specifications and technology of manufacturing. Much of the available 3D printing powder is spherical in shape, and the particle sizes or the diameter ranges from 50 μm to 150 μm.
Key segments across 3D printing powder market
- Type Overview, 2018-2025, (USD Million)
- Application Overview, 2018-2025, (USD Million)
- Aerospace & Defense
- Regional Overview, 2018-2025, (USD Million)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Central & South America
- Rest of Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- Rest of MEA
- North America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global 3D printing Powder. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Be prepared for how Metal industry investments and 3D printing Powder will be impacted by socio-political and economic factors over the next few years
- Ensure you remain competitive as new innovations by existing key players boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global 3D printing Powder includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the industry and their strategic initiatives for the Form development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of derivative and application. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global 3D printing Powder. The report will benefit:
- Every stakeholder involved in manufacturing and distributing components or solutions.
- Managers within financial institutions looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics pertaining to the global 3D printing Powder.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers and financial organizations looking for T&D investment trends in global 3D printing Powder.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
In recent years the demand for 3D printed products has also swelled with the rapid growth of the 3D industry. Aerospace and defense industry is one of the major users of 3D printing powder material such as airbuses, missiles, engine parts, etc. Application of 3D material ensures excellent strength and longevity of the finished products. also helping in weight-reduction of the substrate on which it is being used and quick production of products based on new designs.
The printer's interior is heated just under the powder melting point of your choosing. And the printer spreads out an incredibly fine powder film. The bits hit by the laser are now fused while the rest remain loose powder. A new layer of fresh powder passes across the surface with a roller after printing a sheet. The effect is a large block of powder that has printed (sintered) models in it after printing is done.
In terms of type the global 3D printing powder is segmented into metal, plastic, and ceramic. Similarly, in terms of application the global 3D printing powder market is divided into aerospace & defence, healthcare, automotive, and others. Aerospace & defence is the biggest application area of 3D printing powder and is projected to show similar trend over the forecast period. However, as the automation is taking place at a faster pace, automotive sector is projected to show fastest growth over the forecast period.
In terms of geography, the global 3D printing ceramic is segmented into North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Central & South America, and Middle East & Africa. North America is projected to lead the global market owing to advancement in the technology and presence of key industrial players.
Key players operating in this market comprises of Sandvik Materials Technology, GKN Hoeganaes Corporation, Carpenter Technology Corporation, LPW Technology Ltd., Arcam AB, Hoganas AB, Arkema, EOS GmbH Electro Optical Systems, 3D Ceram, Lithoz GmbH, GKN PLC