The market for 3D printing plastics is expected to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 27.20% from 2023 to 2032, or roughly USD 6.1 billion.
The global 3D printing plastics market is anticipated to reach a value of around USD 1.2 billion by 2028. Ease in customizing products, together with favorable government investments, are projected to boost industry growth. Furthermore, increased demand from end-user sectors such as automotive, medical, aerospace, and defense is expected to fuel demand.
Recent advancements in the additive manufacturing sector have opened up a plethora of new opportunities for the automobile sector. It has aided in the creation of novel, stronger, lighter, and safer components and parts with shorter lead times and lower prices. OEMs primarily used 3D printing for quick prototyping. As a result, increased product demand in the automotive industry is likely to drive market expansion.
The global market for 3D printing applications is increasing. 3D printing is widely utilized in the production of shoes, musical instruments, construction parts, automobile components, dentistry, implants, medical equipment, jewelry, functional ceramics, robotics, prostheses, and castings. Growing investments in these commercial areas, along with favorable government assistance, are expected to boost total demand for 3D printing plastics.
3D Printing Plastics Market Scope
|Revenue forecast in 2032
|USD 6.1 billion
|CAGR of 27.20% during 2022-2032
|Type, Application, Regions
|North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, South America, Middle East and Africa
Key Segments of the Global 3D Printing Plastics Market
Type Overview, (USD Billion)
- Photo polymer
- Poly amide
Type Overview, (USD Billion)
Application Overview, (USD Billion)
- Aerospace & Defense
- Electrical & Electronics
Regional Overview, (USD Billion)
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- Rest of South America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global 3D printing plastics market.
- 3D Printing Plastics is widely used for various end uses, owing to their excellent properties and the market is expected to gain traction over the coming years
- With the growing personal care uses, there is a rise in the demand for 3D printing plastics which is further expected to have a positive impact on the overall market growth
What does the report include?
- The study on the global 3D printing plastics market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the 3D printing plastics industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on Type and End Use. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global 3D printing plastics market. The report will benefit: Every stakeholder involved in the 3D printing plastics market.
- Managers within the 3D printing plastics industry looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about the global 3D printing plastics market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of global 3D printing plastics market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
Need for district energy systems is predicted to rise in response to rising global environmental consciousness and greater demand for energy-efficient solutions. Due to rising demand for residential and commercial projects globally, the building and construction application category is expected to rise at a significant CAGR from 2020 to 2028. Population growth and urbanization are likely to fuel segmental growth.
Asia-Pacific controls the world's largest 3D printing plastics market. China is the leader in 3D printing plastics manufacturing because to rising production and consumption of insulated items, and important leaders are getting funding from China and India. Because of significant business expansions and construction in developing countries, the Asia-Pacific region is expected to grow at the quickest rate between 2020 and 2027. China is driving the growth of the Asia-Pacific market due to the extensive usage of 3D printing plastics and substantial sales of chemicals and petroleum products. The United States dominates North America because to its vast production of oil and petroleum products, but Germany dominates the European market owing to its replacement of old pipes in chemical facilities with rigid foam. The bulk of chemical manufacturing facilities are over 50 years old, needing pipe replacement every 10 to 20 years, depending on demand, restricting the expansion of the German 3D printing plastics industry.
Based on form, the 3D printing plastics market was dominated by the filament segment in 2017. With its widespread use in general and industrial applications, the filament sector is expected to dominate the market. In terms of the growth of laser sintering technology, the powder category is predicted to have the largest CAGR throughout the projection period. The 3D printing plastics market has been divided into end-use industries such as aerospace and military, healthcare, automotive, electrical and electronics, and others. The healthcare category led the 3D printing plastics market in 2017, and it is predicted to grow at the fastest CAGR from 2018 to 2023, owing to rising demand from medical devices & equipment and orthopedic & dental implants.
The prototype segment led the 3D printing plastics market in 2017, and this trend is projected to continue throughout the forecast period. During the projection period, the manufacturing segment is predicted to have the greatest CAGR.
The Asia Pacific 3D printing plastics market is expected to grow at the fastest rate between 2018 and 2023. Because of the large presence of the aerospace & military and healthcare industries, which are the key end users of 3D printing plastics, North America and Europe are expected to remain the leading markets for 3D printing plastics.
North America led the 3D printing plastics market in 2019, accounting for more than 40% of worldwide sales. The area is made up of established markets and is distinguished by a technologically advanced 3D printing sector, which contributes considerably to the worldwide market. One of the primary market limitations is environmental concerns over the usage of plastics. 3D Systems Corporation (US), Stratasys Ltd. (US), Arkema SA (France), BASF SE (Germany), Evonik Industries AG (Germany), SABIC (Saudi Arabia), HP Inc. (US), DowDuPont Inc. (US), Royal DSM N.V. (Netherlands), EOS GmbH Electro Optical Systems (Germany), Clariant International Ltd. (Switzerland), CRP Group (US), Envisiont ( (US). These multinational businesses, who have a well-established distribution network and industry experience, are increasing their R&D investments. They also have strong technical and market development capabilities, which enable them to upgrade their existing products for new applications.