The global 3D display market size was valued at USD 67.11 billion in 2017 and is expected to have a promising growth in the forecast period owing to its growing popularity in various sectors such as entertainment and gaming. The global 3D display market is anticipated to gain traction in the next seven years as the prices for electronic devices are declining, coupled with increasing disposable income of consumers globally. However, high costs of 3D display technology and lack of interoperability could hinder the growth of 3D display market.
In the last decade, the 3D display market has become very promising, with new commercial products awaiting for release in the mass market. Since the inception, the 3D displays have become more compact, cheap and easy to use. No longer exclusive to cinema, the 3D technology is gradually getting into the consumer electronics market with many display manufacturers offering various products. Also, rapid proliferation of LED and OLED technologies, which offer better picture quality and performance, is expected to influence the overall 3D display market positively.
Based upon the type of product, stereoscopic display had the largest market share in 2017, and is expected to remain the major contributor until the forecast period. Stereoscopic displays are the oldest 3D display system based on the concept called stereopsis, where an observer’s left eye and right eye receive different perspectives separated by the stereoscopic device that the observer is wearing. The stereoscopic 3D display market is poised to grow in the forecast period mostly due to its demand in the gaming and entertainment industry.
In 2017, LED technology accounted for the highest market share within the global 3D display market. LED panels are commonly used for backlighting in 3D displays because, they are compact and provide energy efficient solution against the CCFL backlighting. OLED technology is expected to exhibit the highest growth rate in the forecast period owing to its rapid adoption and improved quality and performance.
On the basis of application, the 3D display market can be segmented into TV, smartphones, monitor, mobile computing devices, projectors, HMD and others. Out of these, the TV segment dominated the 3D display market in 2017 and is expected to do the same in the forecast period. This can be attributed to the changing preference of consumers from watching 3D content in cinemas to home television sets, which is more convenient and comfortable. However, the HMD segment is anticipated to grow with the highest CAGR in the forecast period owing to its increasing adoption and varied applications across different sector.
The 3D display market was dominated by Asia-Pacific in 2017. Factors such as high adoption of digital services, online content, surge in video gaming and technological advancements have contributed to the influential growth in this region. Use of 3D displays in entertainment, defense, engineering simulations and medical studies will also bolster the market growth in the forecast period. Also, 3D advertising is on a surge as it tends to provide the product information in the most visually appealing way at the point-of-purchase.
The competitive landscape of global 3D display market consist of global as well as some regional players including TOSHIBA Corporation, Sony Corporation, Samsung Electronics, SHARP Corporation, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Panasonic Corporation, Fujifilm Holdings Corporation, LG Electronics, Coretec Group, Inc., 3DFusion, AU Optronics Corp. and others. These major players have always looked forward to implement eminent strategies through partnerships, agreements, collaborations and business expansions. The products supplied by major producers have higher brand value and thus, could be considered as barrier for new entrants in the 3D display market.
3d Display Market Scope
|Forecast Unit||Value (USD)|
|Revenue forecast in 2025||USD 460 Billion|
|Segment Covered||Product, Technology, Access methods, Application, Regions|
|Regions Covered||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Rest of the world|
|Key Players Profiled||TOSHIBA Corporation, Sony Corporation, Samsung Electronics, SHARP Corporation, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation, Panasonic Corporation, Fujifilm Holdings Corporation, LG Electronics, Coretec Group, Inc., 3DFusion, AU Optronics Corp. and others.|
Key segments of the global 3D display market
Product Overview, 2015-2025 (USD million)
- Volumetric display
Technology Overview, 2015-2025 (USD million)
- DLP RPTV
Access methods Overview, 2015-2025 (USD million)
- Screen based display
- Micro display
Application Overview, 2015-2025 (USD million)
- Mobile computing devices
Regional Overview, 2015-2025 (USD million)
- North America
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of the world
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global 3D display market.
- We have been following the global display market. Digital services is being growing rapidly across various regions as owing to cheaper consumer electronics and increasing spending power.
- Rapid growth in technological advancements have led to the rise of new 3D display solutions which are dynamic and provides the customer with a meaningful proposition.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global 3D display market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- The study covers qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of product, technology, access methods, application and region. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments
- The study includes the profiles of key players in the market with a significant global and/or regional presence
Who should buy this report?
This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the consumer electronics sector, who want an in-depth insight into the 3D display market. The report will benefit:
- Executives of any electronics companies
- Venture capitalist looking into investing capital
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers and financial organizations looking for innovative solutions in the field of 3D display
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies