An emulsifier is a material that allows the fusion of oil and water in the simplest terms in various solutions and compounds which is an important product in the food industry.
- Wide Applications: Emulsifiers has huge variety of properties and applications which makes it an essential ingredient in the food items. It helps substances to reduce their stickiness which makes the food item easy to handle and easy to use for various applications which is driving the growth of the global food emulsifiers market in the forecast period.
- Features: Majorly useful features of the emulsifiers are that it controls crystallisation of the food item in any temperature or environmental conditions and also it prevents separation of the food items which makes in useful in vast varieties of items which is leading to the growth of the global food emulsifier market.
- Bakery Products: Emulsifiers are largely used in the bakery industry as they are useful to enhance the structure of the baked goods and food items. It increases whip ability of the batters, conditions the dough leading to the growth of the global Food Emulsifier Market.
- Ice Cream: Ice cream is a product which cannot practically sustain without the help of emulsifiers in them. Ice cream being an food item in great demand and consumption and ice creams being served in various creative and delicious looking forms in the market all over the world is creating more and more opportunities for the growth of the global emulsifier market.
- Other food items: Other food items that contain emulsifier are ice-creams, low fat spreads, salad dressings, peanut butter various types of sauces and many other food items which make use of emulsifiers for their conditioning. There is a huge demand for these food items in the markets all over the globe.
- Natural Emulsifiers: There are a few emulsifiers which can as both an emulsifier and a thickener in products such as the whey protein. There are a few natural emulsifiers such as milk and eggs as nature is also good at making emulsifiers which aren’t harmful to the human body.
- Harmful effects on Humans: Researchers have reported that the emulsifier have harmful effects on human body such as inflammation to the development of obesity, type-2 diabetes, cardiovascular and liver disease, and inflammatory bowel diseases like Crohn's disease and ulcerative colitis.
- Obligations: The US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved in June 2018 that the companies can eliminate from foods of partially hydrogenated oils (PHO). These PHO raw materials consists of a very common class of emulsifiers in them and the emulsifier manufacturers ere obliged to recognize non-PHO choices.
- Safety at risk: The risk is for the safety of food and its cost efficiency which are caused by the emulsifiers which contain such chemicals and components which is a major reason which may hamper the growth of the global Food Emulsifier Market.
- Chronic Diseases: If the emulsifiers are consumed on regular basis through food and other means, they can alter the intestinal bacteria in such a manner that it promotes colorectal cancer and intestinal inflammation.