The worldwide Anti Aging market was valued at USD 45.8 billion in 2019 and is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 6.7% over the forecast period. The advancement in technology has given rise to new types of anti-aging products, devices and services, which are contributing towards market’s growth.
The increase in average life expectancy of an individual has given rise to the geriatric population. The increasing beauty consciousness amongst people has contributed to the growth of this huge industry, which caters to several types of problems that people might have concerning their appearance. With new innovations in technology, safer and more efficient services have been introduced, which have gained wide popularity.
On the basis of types of products, the global anti-aging industry is segmented into anti-wrinkle, hair color, ultraviolet absorbers, anti-stretch marks, etc. The anti-wrinkle products held the noticable share in the market by product type in 2019, and they are expected to grow even further during the forecast period. Intrinsic ageing causes changes in face look such as collagen, skin elasticity loss, melanin synthesis, and a reduction in dermal collagen and hair follicles. Customers are more interested in using these goods to reduce the recurrence of the aforementioned issues. As a consequence of increased appearance consciousness and an ageing population, demand for cosmetic surgery operations has been steadily expanding throughout the world in recent years.
Prominent players operating in the global Anti Aging market are Estée Lauder Inc., Bioderma, Procter & Gamble, PhotoMedex, Inc., Beiersdorf Limited, Cellex-C International Inc., The Boots Company PLC, Clarin’s, Kiehl’s and many more.
Key Segments of the Global Anti Aging Market
Product Overview, 2019-2028 (USD Million)
- Ultraviolet light scattering agent (UV absorbers)
- Natural products
- Hair Color
- Hair oil & serums
- Hair conditioner and shampoo
Demographics Overview, 2019-2028 (USD Million)
- Baby boomer
- Generation X
- Generation Y
Regional Overview, 2019-2028 (USD Million)
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- Rest of South America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global Anti Aging market. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Ensure you remain competitive as innovations by existing key players to boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global Anti Aging market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the Anti Aging industry and their strategic initiatives for product development.
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on component, application, and industry vertical. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global Anti Aging market. The report will benefit Every stakeholder involved in the Anti Aging market.
- Managers within the Anti Aging industry looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about the global Anti Aging market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of the global Anti Aging market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and government institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
Skin ageing is a complicated biological process that is impacted by both endogenous or intrinsic and external or extrinsic causes. Because skin health and attractiveness are seen as important indicators of general well-being in humans, numerous anti-aging methods have been developed in recent years.
The primary element driving the expansion of the studied market is the rise in consumer demand for anti-aging treatments, which is accompanied by an increase in living standards and income among the global population. According to the US World Population Prospects 2019 report, the population between the ages of 40 and 59 in the United States was over 15,00,000 in 2019, and it is expected to exceed 20,00,000 by 2030. Preventive ageing treatments are expected to be adopted by this age group.
Furthermore, technological advancements and continued spending in r&d activities by leading players for the creation of extremely efficient and safe skin care products are likely to push the anti-aging market globally. As a result of rising anti-aging awareness and acceptance, there is a potential market for anti-aging technologies and cosmetic plastic surgery treatments throughout the projected period. However, tight regulatory rules for the devices, as well as societal stigma in some populations, are likely to stymie market expansion throughout the projection period.
Stretch marks appear when the skin rapidly expands or shrinks. Collagen and elastin, which sustain the skin, break as a result of the sudden shift. Stretch marks are caused mostly by ageing. Furthermore, fast weight loss or increase, as well as pregnancy, are the most prevalent causes of stretch marks. The rising demand for anti-stretch mark product lines as a result of the rising rate of obesity, especially among the elderly, and the additional emphasis of major corporations on the development of advanced devices and products for the treatment of stretch marks are expected to drive the segment's growth.
The global Anti Aging market has been segmented based on product and demographic. Stretch marks appear when the skin rapidly expands or shrinks. Collagen and elastin, which sustain the skin, break as a result of the sudden shift. Stretch marks are caused mostly by ageing. Furthermore, fast weight loss or increase, as well as pregnancy, are the most prevalent causes of stretch marks. The rising demand for anti-stretch mark product lines as a result of the rising rate of obesity, especially among the elderly, and the additional emphasis of major corporations on the development of advanced devices and products for the treatment of stretch marks are expected to drive the segment's growth.
In the next years, the hair care industry is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of more than 6.0 percent. Pollution-induced premature hair loss is a key element driving the market. Rising product releases by key companies, such as shampoos and hair oils, are another element driving this market's rise. Men's demand for anti-aging hair care products has increased significantly, which is likely to push the market further.
In 2020, North America accounted for over 20% the global Anti Aging market. Its been noted that a large proportion of the US citizens believe in living a healthy lifestyle. One-third of U.S. people use anti-aging treatments on a regular basis to avoid the signs of ageing. Procter & Gamble has the greatest market share in this area. Lotus, Olay, and Neutrogena are among of the most well-known brands in this region. Asia Pacific is anticipated to be the strongest region, with a healthy CAGR. Increasing disposable income and rising consumer knowledge about the use of anti-aging cream, particularly in emerging countries such as China, India, and Bangladesh, are driving market expansion.