The habit of cross checking the entire house before leaving anywhere is time consuming, anxiety driven but necessary to avoid any unwanted situations. Even a small mistake can turn into a disaster and no homemaker wants to take that risk. Smart home is the best technology to use and save your time. This piece of article is all about innovative home automation. With the growth and advancement in the sector of IoT homes are becoming smart!
What are smart homes?
You must have seen those cartoon shows like Doremon and Kitretsu which take you to future. Just as we have smart phones to manage our lives, relations and social presence, similarly there are smart homes which take care of our house. For example they control the temperature of the house, automatically lock the doors and to your surprise may even feed your pets!!
Benefits of a Smart Home
Consumers prefer home automation system for comfort, and luxury lifestyle. As the home automation systems are used for controlling the indoor & outdoor lights, ventilation, and heat, air conditioning in the house, to lock or unlock the doors, gates, and windows, electric appliances such as television, geyser, refrigerators and more. There are several significant benefits of home automation in various sub-categories including savings, convenience, safety, and control.
Everything is a finger click away
With smart technology being installed in your house, you can monitor anything and everything just with the help of your phone. How many times has it happened that you forgot to turn off the oven or air conditioner or lights while leaving home for office? Smart home technology helps you to check everything just through the appropriate mobile application. With smart home technology in your house you do not need to double or triple check everything before leaving home and waste your time. All this can be done automatically or manually by you through mobile application while you are in cab. You can also switch on the oven while you are in a cab and heading home. This way when you will reach home hungry and tired, your food will already be cooked that too without wasting any extra time or energy.
- Safety – Smart homes just don’t help you protect your home from fire but they are also great security guards. The user can monitor the guests that come and go during your absence in the house. If you leave your kid with his nanny, smart home helps you to keep a check on the nanny's activities. It will make you feel as if you are at home all the time. You can also get notifications when somebody leaves the house.
- Life made easy- There may be a lot of you with elderly parents at home. Taking care of them and parallelly working is such a difficult task. With smart homes your life can simply be made easier. As everything is operated through mobiles, you can help your parents while sitting at office. Moreover the facility of voice recognition is a great help for the people unaware of how to operate a mobile phone or computer. The voice recognition facility is now coming in various languages also.
- Helps in saving energy – Smart home technology helps us a lot when it comes to energy saving. Suppose you keep a jar full of water on stove to boil and go out of kitchen thinking that it will take around 15 minutes for the water to boil. So, meanwhile you start doing some work. But you are so engrossed in other chores that you forget about the boiling water completely. This will lead to wastage of so much of gas unnecessarily. Smart home technology provides facilities where the gas stove turns off automatically once the water reaches its boiling point. It also cooks food with the minimum use of energy. Hence, it cuts down a lot on energy.
- Cost efficient – As smart homes are smart enough to make proper decisions with energy consumption, they help you cut down you electricity bills. You only use the lights till you are at home and if in case you forget to switch them off you can access and switch them off through your mobiles.
- Environment Friendly – As smart home technology help to save so much energy, they are very environment friendly and will help us lower various environmental problems that the world is facing right now.
Innovative Home Automation is the future
While some technologies have already arrived some are in the process of making. With the help of techniques like Artificial Intelligence, Internet of Things, Machine Learning days where everything can be automatically operated are not very far away. Who does not want a comfortable life that ensures security of loved ones, savings and everything without tension!