The global support activities for mining market revenue is projected to reach close to USD 30,218.2 Million by 2028. This can be attributed to the rapid-growth economies acts as a growth engine for the mining industry. In addition, the rising expectations for improved environmental performance and social consciousness is also boosting global support activities for mining market growth. However, the resource nationalism with lack of infrastructure is likely to hamper the market growth. Furthermore, the commodity demand and advances in technology is anticipated to be an opportunity for the support activities for mining market.
Mining support activities include delivering contract support services for mineral mining and quarrying. Mine drainage and pumping, as well as quarrying and contract mining, are examples of mining support activities. The mining support activities market is made up of companies (organizations, sole traders, and partnerships) that sell mining support services and related products on a contract or fee basis for coal, metal, and nonmetallic mineral (except fuels) mining. Mineral mining, excavation, mine draining, and other support activities are examples of support activities. Coal mining support activities, metal mining support activities, and nonmetallic minerals mining support activities make up the mining support activities industry. The increase is primarily due to businesses reorganizing their practices and recovering from the COVID-19 effect, which had previously reflected in stringent containment measures such as social distancing, remote working, and the suspension of commercial operations, all of which created operational challenges.
The major players of the global support activities for mining market are CIMIC, UNITED TRACTORS, Downer Group, Barmico (Perenti Global Limited), and Boart Longyear. The support activities for mining market comprises well established local as well as global players.
Support Activities for Mining Market Scope
|Forecast Unit||Value (USD)|
|Revenue forecast in 2028||USD 30,218.2 million|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 4.2% during 2021-2028|
|Segment Covered||Type, Application, Regions|
|Regions Covered||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa|
|Key Players Profiled||CIMIC, UNITED TRACTORS, Downer Group, Barmico (Perenti Global Limited), and Boart Longyear|
Key Segments of the Global Support Activities for Mining Market
Type Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Coal Mining
- Metal Mining
- Non-Metallic Minerals
Application Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Mining Companies
- Construction Companies
Regional Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million)
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of Latin America
Middle East and Africa
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global support activities for mining market. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Ensure you remain competitive as innovations by existing key players to boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global support activities for mining market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the support activities for mining industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on solution, service, and industry vertical. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- The report on the global support activities for mining market is suitable for all the players across the value chain including type and raw material providers, manufacturers, distributors, and other intermediaries across the value chain
- Venture capitalists and investors looking for more information on the future outlook of the global support activities for mining market
- Consultants, analysts, researchers, and academicians looking for insights shaping the global support activities for mining market.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
The rise of coal as one of the leading sources of energy is pushing some of the major companies to look for prominent developments of reducing energy scarcity and achieving substantial growth in the support activities for mining market. Moreover, in recent years the mining industry has been experiencing enormous growth as growing demands for metallic and non-metallic minerals, increased energy consumption and abundance of reserves across various countries are gaining more traction. However, these industries cannot afford under-skilled technicians, disorganized communications, and over-scheduled resources. Hence, industries are deploying support activities for mining solutions to deal with such issues. For example, transportation and mining industries are deploying support activities for mining solutions to track their deliveries, increase drivers’ productivity, and reduce costs spent on fuel. In addition, the manufacturing and construction industry is deploying these solutions to monitor and track their machinery maintenance needs.
In terms of type segment, the market is segmented into coal mining, metal mining, and non-metallic minerals. In the year 2020, the coal mining segment gathered the major share and it is likely to maintain its position during the forecast years. The market growth of this segment is primarily ascribed to the rise of coal as one of the leading sources of energy is pushing some of the major companies to look for prominent developments of reducing energy scarcity and achieving substantial growth in the support activities for mining market.
In terms of the application segment, the market is segmented into mining companies, construction companies, and others. In 2020 the mining companies segment accumulated the major market share and it is expected to do so over the forecast years. The market growth of the mining companies segment is mainly ascribed to the growing demands for metallic and non-metallic minerals, increased energy consumption and abundance of reserves across various countries.
The Asia-Pacific region dominated the overall market in 2020 and it is projected to keep its position during the forecast years 2021-2028. However, the Australia and India are anticipated to gather the highest growth over the forecast years. The market growth in this region is mostly ascribed to the growing need for improved productivity and increased demand in this region. Besides, the increasing end-market consumption trends, and rising competition in materials are also boosting the market growth in this region.