Software-Defined Perimeter (SDP) is a sophisticated computer security architecture. It helps in micro segmenting network access by creating a direct link between users and their accessed resources. Besides, it allows connections between enterprise wide-area networks that comprise data centers, branch offices, and public and private connectivity services.
The global software-defined perimeter market size is anticipated to reach over USD 16 Billion by 2025. This can be attributed to the growing need from large as well as small & medium enterprises to reduce network complexities and enhance policy-based security architecture. Also, the increasing need among enterprises to enhance network security is boosting the global software-defined perimeter market growth. In addition, increasing the adoption of cloud-based applications is also one of the key factors driving the software-defined perimeter market growth.
However, the lack of awareness about security in a virtualized environment is expected to impede market growth. Moreover, the growing trend of BYOD and the increasing adoption of connected devices are expected to create major growth opportunities for the market in the upcoming years.
Key Segments of the Global Software Defined Perimeter Market
Solutions Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- Risk Analytics and Visualization
- Performance Management and Reporting
- Access Control
- Security Compliance and Policy Management
Connectivity Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
Enterprise Size Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- Large enterprises
- Small & Medium Enterprises
Regional Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- Rest of South America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global software-defined perimeter market. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Ensure you remain competitive as innovations by existing key players to boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global software-defined perimeter market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the software-defined perimeter industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on solutions, connectivity, and enterprise size. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global software-defined perimeter market. The report will benefit: Every stakeholder involved in the Software-Defined Perimeter Market.
- Managers within the software-defined perimeter industry looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about the global software-defined perimeter market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of global software-defined perimeter market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
Software-defined perimeter technology is gaining huge traction recently. Its possible use cases involve the capability to facilitate an advanced and automatic security perimeter for workers that ensure access to corporate resources or assets. The software-defined perimeter technology even manages IoT devices that exist outside of the branch or campus with the same security and network tools that are used inside the campus. It further provides a unified approach to enterprises to apply security and networking policies across any environment. Hence, numerous end-users are aggressively adopting software-defined perimeter solutions to meet the increasing demand for security infrastructure simplification.
Based on the solutions segment, the market is divided into risk analytics and visualization, performance management and reporting, access control, security compliance and policy management, and others. The security compliance and policy management segment is projected to be the fastest-growing segment throughout the forecast period. The growth of this segment is primarily attributed to its capabilities and features such as money & time savings and automation of the entire procedure of security compliance and policy management.
Based on the connectivity, the market is segmented into the gateway, controller, end-and point. The end-point connectivity segment is expected to dominate the market throughout the forecast period. Its ability to deliver the evidence of device authenticity by incorporating the user and device authentication is the key factor driving the growth of this segment.
Enterprise size Segment
Based on enterprise size, the market is bifurcated into large enterprises and small & medium enterprises (SMEs). In 2019, the large enterprises' segment captured the highest market revenue and is anticipated to dominate the software-defined perimeter market throughout the forecast period. On the contrary, the small & medium enterprises industry is anticipated to gather the highest growth rate throughout the forecast period.
The North America region dominated the overall market in 2019 and it is expected to do so throughout the forecast period 2020-2025. The increasing government initiatives to protect sensitive data and to create a secured IT environment are the crucial factors driving the market growth in this region. However, the Asia-Pacific region is anticipated to experience the highest growth rate during the forecast period.
The major players of the global software-defined perimeter market are Cisco, Symantec, Palo Alto Networks, Verizon, Check Point, Akamai, Fortinet, Okta, AppGate, and Juniper Networks. Moreover, the other potential players in the software-defined perimeter market are Rapid7, Cigital, Core Security, Immuniweb, and Checkmarx. The recognized companies are coming up with innovative and new entertainment technologies and solutions. For instance, In February 2019, Cisco announced a partnership with Verizon, an American multinational telecommunications company. With this partnership, both companies are planning to extend software-defined networking for enterprise digital transformation to support 5G capabilities.