A report on “Global Sesame Oil Market Research” published recently by Adroit Market Research provides an in-depth industry segmentation on the basis of product type, application, and grade. The market sizing and forecast for each of these segments has been provided on a global as well regional level. The sesame seed oil market report covers driving and restraining factors influencing the product demand along with an exhaustive qualitative analysis of the intensity of competition by using Porters Five Forces model, PESTEL analysis, and industry value chain.
Historic as well as forecast estimates have been provided from 2013 to 2025 in the sesame seed oil market report. The sesame oil market timeline has been split in two sections where 2013 to 2017 represents the actual historical data and 2018 to 2025 represents the forecast period.
The global sesame oil market was valued at approximately USD 7.25 Billion in 2017. Black sesame oil and white sesame oil are the major product categories of the sesame oil market. These product types are commercially available in two grades viz. refined and unrefined. The refined sesame oil market is likely to portray a prominent expansion at a CAGR of 6.1% during the forecast period.
Refined sesame oil is an exceptionally good edible oil and is characterized by high stability. It consists mostly of polyunsaturated (Omega-6) and monounsaturated fats. The antioxidant activity of the naturally occurring sesame lignans is enhanced in this sesame oil grade. Sesame lignans have been attributed to have numerous health benefits including blood cholesterol reduction, oxidative stress attenuation, lipid metabolism modification, anti-inflammatory effects, and vitamin-E enhancement among others. Tocopherols and other vitamin-E precursors are other nutrients present in this oil.
Asia Pacific captured over 50% of the global sesame seed oil market. Sesame oil is extensively used as a cooking oil across the region for daily meals. In its refined form, the product is used as an ingredient in processing baked goods and margarine. It can also be used in crude form in salad dressings and spreads like hummus. As a final product, sesame oil is used by consumers and restaurants for cooking and frying, mainly in ethnic and gourmet cuisines.
The sesame oil market in Europe is likely to showcase a moderate growth over the forecast period. Sesame oil is increasingly used as a gourmet product in home and out-of-home consumption in Europe. The speciality oil segment is focused on high quality, sold at a higher price. Cold-pressed and high-quality toasted (one of the most-sold speciality oils in the United Kingdom) sesame oils are becoming especially popular. Cold-pressed sesame oil has a special appeal as a healthy oil. It is low in saturated fats and has other beneficial ingredients, such as vitamins and minerals; consumers see it as a healthy alternative in comparison to other cooking oils. Thus, the European demand for sesame oil is expected to grow significantly over the forecast period.
Germany has a well-established food industry and is also a prominent sesame oil market in Europe. The largest developing country (DC) supplier to Germany is Mexico, while countries such as China and Thailand play a more limited role. Germany offers an interesting proposition to exporters operating in the organic sesame seed oil market.
Consumers in North America classify sesame oil as a specialty product, mainly due to its unavailability in the region. These region often import the product and rebrand it locally. Thus, there are a large number of importers and trading companies associated with the sesame seed oil market in both the U.S. and Canada. The U.S. is one of the most prominent sesame oil importers. Rising domestic use of specialty spices & oil due to the growing Hispanic and Asian populations has resulted in driving the use of spices & oils that compensate for less salt and lower fat levels in foods.
The global sesame seed oil market is highly fragmented in nature owing to the presence of several manufacturers present across the world. Large number of manufacturers have oil extracting mills located in close proximity to the sesame seeds cultivation field. This enables the sesame seed oil market players to cover up for the time and expenses incurred due to storage and other logistical factors, thus optimizing their performance efficiencies. In November 2017, Wilmar International Limited (Wilmar) established eight subsidiaries in Singapore, South Africa, and Tanzania. Wilmar's new subsidiary in Tanzania, Yihai Kerry - Hyseas Trading Limited (YK-Hyseas Trading) is 60% owned by an indirect wholly-owned subsidiary of Wilmar China. It is also an indirect wholly-owned subsidiary of Wilmar. YK-Hyseas Trading will trade and process sesame seeds and other pulses.
Sesame Oil Market Scope
|Forecast Unit||Value (USD)|
|Revenue forecast in 2025||USD 11.50 Billion|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of over 6.6% during 2015-2025|
|Segment Covered||Product Type, Grade, Application, Regions|
|Regions Covered||North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa|
|Key Players Profiled||Kadoya, Wilmar International and Dipasa|
Key segments of the global sesame oil market report
Product Type Overview, 2013-2025 (Kilo Tons) (USD Million)
- Black Sesame Oil
- White Sesame Oil
Grade Overview, 2013-2025 (Kilo Tons) (USD Million)
Application Overview, 2013-2025 (Kilo Tons) (USD Million)
- Food & Health
- Personal Care & Cosmetics
Regional Overview, 2013-2025 (Kilo Tons) (USD Million)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to provide a comprehensive outlook of the global sesame oil industry
- The vegetable oils sector has been gaining traction across all geographies. Consumption of canola, soy bean, olive, and sesame oils has been on the rise since the past few years especially in developed regions
- Competence of sesame oil over other vegetable oils has improved, owing to its affordable price and enhanced flavor characteristics
- Shift in consumer lifestyle, increased preference for cold pressed oils and rising adoption of sesame oil in pharmaceutical and personal care product formulations are some of the key trends analyzed in the global market
What does the report include?
- The study on the global sesame oil market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- Additionally, the market competitiveness has been evaluated using value chain, PESTEL analysis and Porter’s Five Forces analysis
- The study includes a detailed qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of type, grade, application and geography
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments
- The study includes the profiles of key players in the market with a significant global and/or regional presence
Who should buy this report?
This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global sesame seeds and sesame oil sectors. The report will benefit:
- Executives of sesame seeds and oil manufacturing companies
- Managers working in financial establishments focusing on publishing current and forecast data pertaining to sesame oil market
- Venture capitalist looking into investing capital
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers players in the supply chain looking for in-depth analysis of the oil crops and edible oils sectors
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies