Globally the retailers are progressively adopting advanced and innovative technologies to provide their customers with an enhanced experience while shopping online as well as in-store. However, with the growing competition, many retailers are facing problems in running their business efficiently and failing to optimize their resources. Therefore, retail analytics solutions enable retailers to gain insights from the past as well as real-time data that allow retailers to provide products based on their previous purchase history and which section they visit the most.
The global retail analytics market size is anticipated to reach over USD 16 billion by 2025. This can be attributed to the increase in internet penetration in developing countries such as India, China, and others. Moreover, developments in technologies such as AI, machine learning, and AR &VR are also fuelling the demand for retail analytics market growth.
Additionally, the growing need to provide better consumer experience and increase in need to get insights on customer preferences & choices are also some of the essential factors boosting the adoption of retail analytics solutions. However, initial setup cost and legacy retail systems are hampering the market growth. Furthermore, the advent of cloud-based analytics is expected to provide growth opportunities for the retail analytics market in the forthcoming years.
Key Segments of the Global Retail Analytics Market
Type Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
Application Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- Supply Chain
- Store Operations
- Strategy & Planning
Solutions Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- In-Store transformation
- Omnichannel retail transformation
- Insights & Marketing automation
- Security & Infrastructure transformation
Regional Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global retail analytics market. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Ensure you remain competitive as innovations by existing key players to boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global retail analytics market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the retail analytics industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on type, application, and solutions. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global retail analytics market. The report will benefit:
- Every stakeholder involved in the retail analytics market.
- Managers within the retail industry looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about the global retail analytics market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of global retail analytics market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
Retail is a very data-intensive industry and in the past few years with the emergence of e-commerce and adoption of IoT devices the industry has become more complex. Also, many retailers have failed in taking advantage of the technological disruption in this industry. However, with the emergence of big data analytics and its wide application in numerous sectors are providing major opportunities to retailers. Integrated with the smart devices and applications it provides the ability to connect with customers in real-time. With big data analytics, a retailer can optimize e-commerce, personalize marketing and service, evaluate brand perception on social media, offer dynamic pricing, and enhance the in-store shopping experience. For example, retail analytics allows retailers to gain insights from social media, mobile, website, and other sources by using analytical models. It further helps retailers in planning, engaging, and retaining the customer and ultimately results in improved business results & increased revenues. Hence, such factors are driving the adoption of retail analytics solutions globally.
Based on the type segment, the market is bifurcated into two sub-segments that are software and services. In 2019, the software segment gathered the highest market revenue and it is anticipated to govern the retail analytics market throughout the forecast period. The growth of this segment is mainly attributed to increasing demand for analytics software among retailers to make better business decisions and efficiently manage store and supply chain operations. On the contrary, the services segment is projected to gather the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
Based on the application, the market is segmented into the merchandising, marketing, supply chain, store operations, strategy & planning, and others. The market for merchandising seized the highest revenue in 2019. However, the strategy & planning sub-segment is anticipated to gather the market growth of over 29% during the forecast period.
Based on solutions, the market is bifurcated into in-store transformation, omnichannel retail transformation, insights & Marketing automation, security & infrastructure transformation, and others. In 2019, the in-store transformation segment captured the highest market revenue and is anticipated to dominate the retail analytics market throughout the forecast period. On the contrary, the insights & marketing automation segment is projected to accumulate the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
Asia-Pacific region is expected to hold the highest CAGR during the forecast period 2020–2025. The growth of this region is mainly attributed to the increasing penetration of smartphones. Also, the growing adoption of internet services is driving e-commerce in this region. Moreover, North America dominated the retail analytics market during the forecast period due to the presence of major market players and a rising number of retail chains in the region.
The major players of the global retail analytics market are Fujitsu, SAS, Microsoft, Oracle, SAP, Teradata, Microstrategy, IBM, RetailNext, and Altair Engineering. Moreover, the other potential players in the retail analytics market are QBurst, FLIR Systems, BRIDGEi2i, Qlik Technologies, Diaspark. The Retail analytics market is fragmented with the existence of well-known global and domestic players across the globe. Also, recognized companies are coming up with innovative and new retail analytics technologies and solutions. For instance, In January 2019, a global retail analytics solution provider, RetailNext announced the launch of its innovative retail analytics software, partner ecosystem advancements, and hardware. These solutions are expected to assist retailers in delivering an enhanced experience to shoppers.