The global PVC stabilizer market revenue is likely to exceed a value of USD 5.0 billion by 2028. The global building industry has been driven by growing infrastructure expenditure, especially in the emerging Asian Pacific and Latin America markets. However, rising demand from various application markets, such as building and construction, automotive, electrical and electronics, packaging, and footwear, is expected to drive the PVC stabilizer demand.
Polyvinyl chloride or PVC is a significant industrial plastic material. However, this plastic is thermally unstable at manufacturing or processing temperature ranges. Owing to this, the use of thermal stabilizers is vital for the processing of finished PVC products, especially at high temperatures. Organotin compounds and heavy metals have been used as thermal stabilizers for PVC for numerous years. However, usage of these stabilizer types has been subjected to severe industry regulations, due to their adverse environmental impact. Several compounds compatible with the polymer were investigated to address this issue. They act as excellent thermal stabilizers for PVC when implemented at relatively low levels. The compounds act as primary, secondary, and co-stabilizers.
Key Segments of the Global PVC Stabilizer Market
Type Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million) (Kilo Tons)
- Barium based
End-user Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million) (Kilo Tons)
- Building and Construction
- Electrical and Electronics
Regional Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Million) (Kilo Tons)
- Rest of Europ
- Rest of Asia-Pacifi
Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Afric
- Rest of South America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global PVC stabilizer market.
- Market competitiveness and business to business growth strategies
- Research and development related to the polymers industry and its impact on the polyvinyl chloride market value chain
What does the report include?
- The study on the global PVC stabilizer market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the PVC stabilizer industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on type, end-user. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global PVC stabilizer market. The report will benefit: Every stakeholder involved in the PVC stabilizer market.
- Managers within the PVC stabilizer industry looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about the global PVC stabilizer market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of global PVC stabilizer market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
Due to the advancement of PVC stabilizers, the exchange of films & tiles encourages the growth of PVC stabilizers in the installations and piping, such as windowpane, inflexible & semi-rigid coatings, and lines and cords. This limits the accession of PVC stabilizers to the industry by traditional and ancient polymers. The Asia-Pacific Trade Union (APAC) provides a wide variety of shares and assets, providing an intrinsic investor base, around the building industry. The enormous volatilization of raw material and fluctuations in the price of natural elements would limit the germination of the market. Owed to the growing accent on PVC refusal in the formation of green constructions is impeding the market extension.
Thermal stabilizers are mainly classified as metal soaps, lead salts, and organo-tin compounds. Some of these have toxicity, environmental pollution, and high-cost disadvantages. The soaps and organotin stabilizers of metals are safer than the plum salts, however, they are usually less stabilizing than the plum salts.
The global PVC stabilizer market has been segmented based on type and end-users. Calcium-based, tin-based, lead-based, barium-based, and others are the major segments of PVC stabilizers by type, covered in the report. The market for PVC stabilizers based on lead should increase more rapidly than other types. More than 40% of the market revenue is dominated by the lead-based PVC stabilizer segment and is expected to expand in the forecast period because it is affordable with a great stabilizing effect and is thus ideal for long-life PVC products that have longer production hours.
PVC is characterized by lightweight, high strength, weather-resistance, chemical corrosion resistance, and abrasion-free properties. The plastic is versatile and can be easily trimmed, soldered, shaped, and joined in various forms. This makes it ideal for many different applications like pipes, windows, floors, and roofs.
Owing to the improved electrical properties, cost-effectiveness, low water absorption, and good heat and light stability the product is highly utilized in the building & construction industry. This, in turn, has fueled the consumption of thermal stabilizers for PVC in the construction sector over recent years. Calcium and lead metal-based stabilizers are some of the major PVC stabilizers utilized in the building and construction sector.
Because of the growing population, increase in middle-class revenues, and urbanization, the Asia Pacific building sector is the largest in the world and grows at a healthy rate. Because of the business potential of countries such as India, Indonesia, China, Malaysia, Singapore, South Korea, many national and international events have been hosted. In conjunction with the access to profitable markets of major Europe Union building players in countries such as India, the growth of the construction industry has been further stimulated. Therefore, the demand for PVC stabilizers is projected to show rapid growth in the growth of construction and its related industries.
The PVC stabilizer market depicts high fragmentation. The market players have laid a high focus on product research and innovation in the last few years. Reagens SPA, Baerlocher GmbH, Adeka Corporation, Songwon, and Galata Chemicals, are some of the key players operating in the global PVC stabilizer market.