The global Pouches market is anticipated to reach a value of USD 54.1 billion by 2028. The increase in demand for packaged food and the cost-effectiveness of Pouches was expected to the global growth of the market for Pouches. Furthermore, factors such as cosmetic appeal and increasing demand from the end-user industries are expected to contribute to the growth of the market for Pouches over the forecast period.
Compared to rigid packaging items, the demand for packaged food and drinks combined with the ease of use and cost-effectiveness of Pouches mainly fuels demand for the commodity around the world. Thanks to their compactness, Pouches consume less space in transport cars, alongside the lightweight of the Pouches, the transport-related costs are greatly decreased relative to rigid packaging options such as metal cans and glass bottles.
In addition, the inclusion of several closure options in Pouches, such as spout, zipper and tear notch, facilitates the simple opening and closing of the packaging, drawing customers to the format of the packaging. Pouches are widely used for packing various food items, including dairy, candy, confectionery, smoothies, and baby foods, because due to their lightweight and convenient resealability, the products can be quickly taken on the go for use.
Key Segments of the Global Pouches Market
Type Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion, Million Units)
- Stand-up Pouches
- Flat Pouches
- Roll Stock
Material Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion, Million Units)
Treatment Type Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion, Million Units)
Regional Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion, Million Units)
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacifia
Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- Rest of South America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global Pouches market.
- Pouches is widely used for various end uses in food and beverages, owing to their excellent properties and the market is expected to gain traction over the coming years
- With the growing medical & pharmaceuticals uses, there is a rise in the demand for Pouches which is further expected to have a positive impact on the overall market growth
What does the report include?
- The study on the global Pouches market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the Pouches industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on Type and Material and Treatment Types. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global Pouches market. The report will benefit: Every stakeholder involved in the Pouches market.
- Managers within the Pouches industry looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about the global Pouches market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of global Pouches market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
Thanks to evolving lifestyles and advances in food processing methods, which in turn are projected to boost demand over the forecast era, the global packaged food industry has expanded significantly over the past few years. Flexible packaging items need considerably less material to manufacture them; on average, rigid packaging costs three to four times more than flexible packaging.
The lightweight packs minimise the total cost of product packaging and increase the end-use corporations' profit margin. As a consequence, end-use businesses are gradually embracing lightweight packaging designs, which are projected to support the sector in turn. In comparison, during processing, Pouches use less material, electricity, and water and occupy lower space after disposable in landfills, which enhances their sustainability profile relative to rigid packaging items.
With rising regulatory pressure and growing environmental market awareness, the increasing desire for sustainable packaging solutions by end-use companies is expected to push demand forward. As the flat Pouches can conveniently be placed over each other, pockets take less space on the store shelf. In addition, standup Pouches can serve as a selling tactic because the packaging has a wider surface on which high-quality graphics are printed that draw shoppers to the products.
Based on the Type, the market is segmented into Stand-Up, Flat, Rollstock. The Stand-Up segment has the largest share in the market in 2019 and the market is forecasted to grow with the significant rate of above 6.5% CAGR over the forecast period. In the food & beverage industry, these Pouches are widely used as they are durable and giving the product improved stability. Owing to the growing need for portable and lightweight packaging options, they are commonly used in the packaging of food and beverages. In addition, lightweight items such as chocolate, tea, sauces, and candies are commonly used.
Treatment Type Segment
In terms of the treatment type segment, the market is segmented into Standard, Aseptic, Retort, Hot-Filled. In 2019, the standard segment has the fastest growth in the market in 2019 and the market is forecasted to grow with the significant rate of above 6% CAGR over the forecast period. The cost-effectiveness and the aesthetic appearance in stores of these Pouches add to their leading market share in Pouches. However, the segment of hot-filled Pouches is expected to be the fastest-growing segment from 2019 to 2024, both in terms of value and volume. The development in the category of hot-filled and aseptic Pouches is due to a rise in demand for longer shelf-life items and their use for ready-to-drink beverages.
The Asia Pacific region has the largest share in market with a CAGR of more than 35.2% in 2019 and is anticipated to continue with the same position during the forecast years 2018-2028. In 2019, the China is projected to hold the majority share of Asia Pacific demand for Pouches. The growing demand for Pouches from heavily populated countries such as India and China is due to the consumer growth in the Asia Pacific region, as this packaging ensures cost savings and provides an aesthetic appeal to the commodity. In addition, the growing use of Pouches in food, drinks, healthcare, personal care & home care, oil & lubricants, and agricultural products is expected to fuel the growth of the Asia Pacific market for Pouches.
North America region is anticipated to provide a high CAGR of over 5.5% during the forecast period. The region having a dominance for a number of developed economies and is also expected to give suppliers a number of opportunities from the growth of Pouches market. Due to their low cost and marketing benefits, increased preference for Pouches by CPG producers is projected to favour product demand over the forecast era. Moreover, due to their versatility, portability, and simplicity of use, the rising market demand for Pouches is projected to expand product penetration in the end-use industries.
The major players of the global Pouches market are Amcor, Smurfit Kappa, Mondi, Berry Global Inc., Sonoco, Sealed Air, Huhtamaki, Constantia Flexibles. Moreover, the market comprises several other prominent players in the Pouches market as Coveris, Clondalkin Group, Goglio SpA, KOROZO, ProAmpac, Gualapack S.p.A., and DaklaPack. The Pouches market consists of top, medium level and a number of domestic players in the global market. In addition to this, the well-established players in the industry have made various strategies and research & developments to compete with other players in the regional and global market.