The global pneumatic conveying systems market size was worth USD 23.27 billion in 2017. The market is witnessing a tremendous impetus from the increasing significance of automation in the manufacturing sector thereby giving rise to an escalated demand for conveying systems and material handling equipment. Furthermore, sustained developments in material handling and conveyance technologies have assisted the pneumatic conveying system market to grow rapidly.
Pneumatic conveying systems are used to carry or transport powders or dry bulk materials from a source to a destination with the help of a gas. The bulk granules or materials are transferred via an enclosed pipeline with the help of the combined force of pressure and the gas used (commonly air). Air movers such as vacuums or positive displacement blowers generate pressure and air flow which is then used to convey the materials. Therefore, by manipulating and controlling the airflow and pressure differential, the system can effectively convey materials over certain distances.
The emergence of industrial automation across the globe is one of the primary global pneumatic conveying systems market trends. Well designed and manufactured pneumatic conveying systems are more cost-effective and reasonable as compared to the other mechanical systems as they are completely enclosed, offer easy modifications, and can be controlled reasonably. These systems are much more environmentally sound compared to the mechanical systems as their enclosed characteristic keeps the materials to be conveyed clean and protected from dangerous, foreign matters.
Dilute phase conveying occupied more than 70% of the global pneumatic conveying systems market share in 2017. Dilute phase pneumatic conveying is the process of pulling (vacuum) or pushing (pressure) particles that are suspended in the air from one location to the other. The air-suspended particles are shifted constantly at low pressure and high velocity. Dilute phase pneumatic conveying systems have gained a larger share of the market as it has proven to be ideal for the transportation of a wide range of dry bulk materials in a cost-effective and simple manner. Pneumatic conveying systems are widely used in the food industry. The dilute phase conveying systems are ideal for conveying flours, specialty chemicals, resins and compounds, ground feeds, and pelletized and granular products. This is expected to drive the growth of this segment during the forecast period.
The global pneumatic conveying systems market share was majorly dominated by Europe and North America together contributing to approximately 55% of the sales in 2017. Europe generated the highest revenue in this year owing to the tremendous level of automation that has been carried out in industries such as the food & drinks, and the pharmaceutical sector. The food & beverages industry, which is the largest manufacturing sector in the European Union in terms of turnover, is the major driver of the pneumatic conveying systems market. Europe being a net exporter of food and drinks products makes sustained technological additions to the processing plants, which is anticipated to drive the forward momentum of the pneumatic conveying system market during the forecast period.
The major players operating within the global pneumatic conveying systems market are engaged in the sustained development of cost-efficient conveying systems which transporting materials with least damage or spillage. For instance, Kongskilde, a U.S. based manufacturer, introduced Component Vacuum Loader (CVL 700), for efficiently conveying plastic items. The air-based conveying system streamlines the internal conveying of plastic components used for production, storage or packaging processes. The handling is carried out without the intervention of a human. The CVL 700 system separates the items from the air and gently conveys the components to the final destination. The bottlenecks in transporting the materials are removed, as the CVL 700 system saves manual transportation and internal handling. Therefore, the continued introduction of ingenious products is expected to drive the growth of the global pneumatic conveying systems market during the foreseeable years.
Pneumatic Conveying Systems Market Scope
|Forecast Unit||Value (USD)|
|Revenue forecast in 2025||USD 37.4 billion|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 6.2% during 2021-2028|
|Segment Covered||Type, Operating Principle, End Use, Regions|
|Regions Covered||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, South America|
|Key Players Profiled||Hillenbrand Inc., Schenck Process Holdings GmbH, Nilfisk Group, Zeppelin Systems GmbH, Clyde Bergemann Power Group, and KC Green Holdings Co. Ltd.|
Key segments of the global pneumatic conveying systems market
Operating Principle Overview, 2015-2025 (USD Million)
- Dilute Phase Conveying
- Dense Phase Conveying
Type Overview, 2015-2025 (USD Million)
- Vacuum System
- Positive Pressure System
- Combination System
End Use Overview, 2015-2025 (USD Million)
- Rubber and Plastics
Regional Overview, 2015-2025 (USD Million)
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global pneumatic conveying systems market.
- Pneumatic conveying remains the key conveying options for many industries including low- and high-volume manufacturing in the pharmaceuticals, plastics, and food & beverages sectors. Benefits offered by pneumatic conveying systems, such as low maintenance costs, less space requirement for installation, durability and flexibility will be the key factors driving the focus of customers towards pneumatic conveying systems over other systems available in the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global pneumatic conveying systems market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- Additionally, the market has been evaluated using the value chain and Porter’s Five Forces’ analysis
- The study covers qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of operating principle, type, end use and region. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments
- The study includes the profiles of key players in the market with a significant global and/or regional presence
Who should buy this report?
This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the phytosterols industry. The report will benefit:
- Executives of pneumatic conveying systems manufacturing companies
- Managers within financial institutions looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics pertaining to these systems
- Venture capitalist looking into investing capital
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers and financial organizations looking for innovative solutions
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies