The global personal cloud market size is anticipated to reach at USD 68 billion by 2025. The propagation of digital content, growth in the usage of the internet, as well as the need for disaster recovery & contingency policies are a few of the key factors anticipated to boost the industry growth in the coming years. Moreover, developments in technologies such as the Internet of Things (IoT), and big data are also fuelling the demand for personal cloud market growth.
A personal cloud comprises an assembly of information and digital services that can be accessed via any location by the user given with a privilege to access data. It enables users to edit, synchronize, and store the content thus facilitating sharing data over various platforms. The personal cloud includes online cloud, NAS device cloud, home-made cloud, and service device cloud. Personal clouds have numerous advantages such as cheap cost, capacity for bigger data storage, and accessibility through various devices.
Key Segments of the Global Personal Cloud Market
Revenue Type Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
End-User Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
Regional Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- RSouth Americaest of South America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global personal cloud market. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Ensure you remain competitive as innovations by existing key players to boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global personal cloud market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the personal cloud industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on revenue type and end-user. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global personal cloud market. The report will benefit:
- Every stakeholder involved in the personal cloud market.
- Managers within the Tech companies looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about the global personal cloud market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of the global personal cloud market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
Businesses will develop new services based on cloud computing in addition to victimizing the cloud to manage data-intensive activities more expeditiously. The major reduction in capital costs that personal cloud provides makes it engaging to small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs) with restricted access to capital.
Maximum areas of research are in increasing demand for data-intensive. A personal cloud promptly facilitates the efficient management and use of a good quantity of databases. It also minimizes the cost of computation when segmentation of the task and parallel processing are approachable. A critical example of an application of a personal cloud offers new possibilities for researchers in environmental monitoring, where large numbers of sensors can over time, provide a huge amount of data that needs to be collected and strictly analyzed.
Revenue Type Segment
Based on the type segment, the market is bifurcated into two sub-segments that are direct, and indirect. In 2019, the direct segment gathered the highest market revenue and it is anticipated to govern the personal cloud market throughout the forecast period. However, the indirect segment is anticipated to grow at a substantial growth rate over the forecast period. The major share of indirect revenue is likely to come from the North American region since the sale of electronic components is the highest within the region.
Based on the end-user, the market is segmented into enterprises and individuals. The market for enterprises is anticipated to possess the largest market share in 2019 since enterprises today are predominantly developing to match their user needs.
The global personal market is a wide range to North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and the Middle East & Africa. North America is considered a mature market in the personal cloud storage, owing to an outsized presence of an organization with the availability of technical expertise and advanced IT infrastructure. The US and Canada are the highest contributory countries to the expansion of the personal cloud market in North America.
The major players of the global personal cloud market are Google, Microsoft, Apple, AWS, Dropbox, Box, Seagate, Western Digital, Synchronoss, Egnyte, Buffalo Technology, Funambol, SugarSync, D-Link. The personal cloud market is fragmented with the existence of well-known global and domestic players across the globe.