The global personal care packaging market was valued at about USD 25.90 billion in the year 2018 and is anticipated to grow at a CAGR of 6.4% between 2019 and 2025. The rising demand for beauty and cosmetic products around the world, along with the advancements in the technology associated with the packaging of products has anticipated the demand for personal care packaging market over the forecast period. Moreover, personal care packaging helps to provide a visual appeal to the products and is known to provide vital information about the product to the consumers.
Evolution in the products with the introduction of natural and environment friendly materials used for the packaging of the personal care products in the market is a key development. This is due to the awareness of consumers towards the harmful effects of chemical based packaging to the environment. This factor has led to growing demand for biodegradable packaging materials. However, it has been found that plastic is the most widely used packaging material along with other materials such as metal, paper and glass. Nevertheless, stringent government regulations and bans towards the commercialization of certain products harmful packaging materials may restraint the growth of the market in the coming years.
Key Segments of the global personal care packaging market,
Product Overview, 2015-2025 (USD Billion)
- Rigid Plastics
Application Overview, 2015-2025 (USD Billion)
- Skin care
- Hair care
- Bath & shower
Packaging Type Overview, 2015-2025 (USD Billion)
Regional Overview, 2015-2025 (USD Billion)
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of APAC
- South America
- Rest of South America
- Middle East and Africa
Reasons for the study
- The study assesses the dynamics and movement of the global personal care packaging market across various geographies
- While studying the personal care packaging market, we observed that the demand was tremendous in some of the developing countries
- The market is fragmented and major players have global presence. The companies, as a strategic step are opening new manufacturing facilities to meet the domestic demand.
What does the report include?
- The report focuses on different personal care packaging products, and its application industries
- The study on the global personal care packaging market includes qualitative factors such as value chain analysis, drivers, and restraints
- The study covers qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of applications, packaging type and products. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments
- The study includes the profiles of key players in the market with a significant global and/or regional presence
Who should buy this report?
This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global personal care packaging market. The report will benefit:
- The report on the global personal care packaging market is suitable for all the players across the value chain including segments such as skin care, hair care, fragrances, bath and shower, and others
- Venture capitalists and investors looking for more information on the future outlook of the global personal care packaging market
- Consultants, analysts, researchers, and academicians looking for insights shaping the global personal care packaging market
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers and financial organizations looking for innovative global personal care packaging market
The innovations in the skincare packaging products such as tubes, bottles and jars has provided a liable understanding between different products to consumers in the industry. Moreover, the rising demand for body moisturizers, lotions, anti-acne and anti-aging products in the skin care sector has impacted the sales of the novel packaging in the personal care industry. Also, the technological approach to attract the consumers by using the 3D printing technology and airless packaging in skincare products has driven the demand for packaging in the global personal care market.
The competitive landscape of the global personal care packaging market consist of global as well as some regional players including Mondi plc., WestRock Company, Albea Group, RPC Group, Crown Holdings, Inc., Aptar Group, Inc., HCP Packaging, Ampac Holding, Fusion Packaging, HCT Packaging Inc., and others. The prominent players in the market come forward to establish a development scenario of their company by implementing strategies such as collaborations, partnerships, business expansions and agreements. Moreover, the personal care packaging market is assessed to be highly fragmented in nature with its players across different regions of the world.
The personal care packaging market can be segmented on the basis of product type, application and packaging types. The product type in the market can categorized into flexible, metal, paper, rigid plastics, and glass. Flexible type in the product segment holds the largest share in the market. Flexible packaging has a very high aesthetic value along with its lightweight and durable nature, thereby increasing its penetration in personal care products. It is also a fastest growing type in the global market.
The personal care packaging market is segmented on the basis of application into skin care, fragrances, bath & shower, hair care, and others. The skin acre segment is estimated to grow at the fastest CAGR in the application sector due to its technological advancements in the packaging types. The growing awareness of the skin care products among the consumers along with high demand for anti-aging and anti-acne products has driven the growth in the market over the forecast period.
The global personal care packaging market based on the packaging type is further segmented into cans, bottles, pouches, cartons, tubes, jars, and others. The bottles segment has the highest share of about 30% in the year 2018. Convenience in use along with its break resistant feature, drive the demand for bottles in the global market. Moreover the portable nature of the cans type provides the fastest growth to the segment in the global market.
The personal care packaging market on the basis of region is led by Asia Pacific having a share of around 38% in the year 2018. Countries such as China and India have witnessed various technological innovations due to the rising disposable income of the consumers thereby providing numerous opportunities for the key players to shift their sales strategies in the region. Also, the growing economies of South East Asian countries along with a large population base of the region anticipates the growth of the market in the coming years.
The large consumer attraction towards the grooming and beauty products in the regions such as North America and Europe has accelerated the sales of the products in the market. The advent of the fashion industry in the Western European countries especially in France and Italy has provided lucrative opportunities for the growth of the packaging materials in the industry. Also the shift of consumers towards beauty products in the Middle East and Africa will provide a growth prospect for the packaging in the personal care products.