The global nanodiamonds market size was 39.10 kilo tons in 2017. Lesser cost and large-scale production of nanodiamonds are leading to its enhanced demand among various industries such as coatings, electronics and biomedical. Rising application scope is projected to be the key drive the global nanodiamonds market share.
Global Nanodiamonds Market Size, 2015-2025 (Kilos, USD Million)
Nanodiamonds (ND), also known as ultra-dispersed diamonds (UDD) or detonation diamonds (DND), were first discovered in 1963 in the Soviet Union. However, they are being commercially produced in large scales over the last few years. NDs are relatively easy to produce at low costs. The global nanodiamonds market has attracted a lot of attention in recent years in various research fields such as medical therapy, enzyme immobilization, biological sensing, and fluorescent markers.
Nanodiamonds are typically manufactured using high-pressure high temperature (HPHT), chemical vapor deposition (CVD) and detonation. Diamonds manufactured using the detonation method are used extensively due to their relatively lower costs of production. Also, excellent mechanical, optical and thermal properties, high surface areas and tunable characteristics make it widely suitable for large-scale commercial applications. Additionally, nanodiamonds are extensively utilized as reinforcement additives in metal coatings, which increases its mechanical and friction characteristics. Apart from this, adoption of specially prepared nanodiamonds for motor oils production has significantly reduced the wear and tear, fuel consumption, and undesirable emissions in an exhaust, increase of torque and power of the engines.
Global Nanodiamonds Market Share by Application, 2017 (%)
Nanodiamonds have witnessed a higher rate of adoption over the past few years on account of extensive research & development for its commercial use. Post its commercialization, several manufacturers of oil compounds, finish polishing and electroplating had incorporated the use of nanodiamonds in their products to offer their consumers the next generation technology. Finish polishing application garnered a CAGR of 12.4% through the forecast period. Rising applications of nanodiamonds higher precision polishing compositions, such as polish of silicon wafers, glass and ceramics is a major factor behind the growth of this segment.
The global nanodiamonds market trends vary across regions. Over the past few years, Asia Pacific has emerged as the largest producer as well as consumer of nanodiamonds, capturing a market revenue of USD 41.5 million in 2017. Superior properties of nanodiamonds make it a substitute choice for a broad range of fillers, and abrasives, thus enhancing the global nanodiamonds market share.
Presence of manufacturing bases of lubricant oil companies such as Fuchs, Shell, Valvoline, and Gulf lubricants has resulted in providing an impetus to the growth of the global nanodiamonds market size and this trend is expected to grow over the forecast period. Also, increasing automobile production & sales is expected to subsequently augment the global nanodiamonds market share over the projected period.
Although widely used, several of these manufacturers had already started setting up their production units outside of North America, which resulted in the demand for nanodiamonds being redirected towards economical manufacturing zones of Asia Pacific and Central & South America. As China is the largest producer of nanodiamonds, several countries import the product from the country. Products are supplied to the consumer through two distribution channels, viz., direct supply agreements and third-party agreements. In cases where the product is to be traded, distribution often occurs via third-party agents including wholesalers and distributors.
The global nanodiamonds market is highly competitive and key manufacturers are constantly vying to obtain a greater market share only by investing in R&D and product innovations. Nanodiamond is a niche market at present on account of its recent commercial development around 10 years back. Some of leading players operating in the market include Henan Yuxing Sino-Crystal Micron Diamond, Diacel Corporation, Beijing Grish Hitech Co., Ltd., Henan Union Abrasives Corp, Adamas Technologies, NanoTech Lubricants, Carbodeon Ltd. Oy, Microdiamant, NanoDiamond Products Limited, Ray Techniques Ltd., and SINTA.
Key segments of the global nanodiamonds market
Application Overview, 2015-2025 (Kilos, USD Million)
- Finish polishing
- Oil compounds
Regional Overview, 2015-2025 (Kilos, USD Million)
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of APAC
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global nanodiamond market
- While studying the market, we observed that nanodiamonds are gaining immense traction owing to its increasing application scope in different end-use industries
- Asia Pacific is projected to be the fastest growing region owing to increasing demand for nanodiamonds in biomedical industries.
- The global nanodiamond market is projected to witness lucrative opportunity in developing regions of Asia Pacific such as in China and India
What does the report include?
- The study on the global nanodiamond market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, trends, and opportunities
- Additionally, the market has been evaluated using the Value Chain, Porter’s Five Forces’ analysis and PESTEL analysis
- The study covers qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of application and region. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments
- The study includes the profiles of key players in the market with a significant global and/or regional presence
Who should buy this report?
This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the nanodiamond market, who want an in-depth insight into the advancements of the nanodiamonds market. The report will benefit:
- Executives of various end-use companies that are engaged in the nanodiamond based products
- Managers within financial institutions looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics pertaining to nanodiamonds market
- Venture capitalists and investors looking for more information on the future outlook of the global nanodiamond Market
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers and financial organizations looking for innovations in nanodiamond
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies