The global lawful interception market size is anticipated to reach at USD 8 billion by 2025. The key factors promoting industry growth include increased terrorism and subversive activities, and rising cybercrimes globally in the age of digitalization. The propagation of digital content, growth in the usage of the internet, as well as the need for disaster recovery & contingency policies are a few of the key factors anticipated to boost the industry growth in the coming years.
Lawful interception is used to intercept different communication media that include text messages, audio-video calls, digital pictures, facsimile, files transferred via the internet, and downloaded data. Law enforcement agencies, government organizations, small and medium enterprises, as well as network providers are few of the key entities engaged in the lawful interception industry.
Key Segments of the Global Lawful Interception Market
Network Technology Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- Digital Subscriber Line (DSL)
- Integrated Services for Digital Network (ISDN)
- Long Term Evolution (LTE)
- Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN)
- Voice-Over-Internet Protocol (VoIP)
- Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN)
- Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access (WiMAX)
Device Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- Mediation Devices
- Intercept Access Point (IAP)
- Management Servers
Communication Content Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- Voice Communication
- Text Messaging
- Digital Pictures
- File Transfer
Regional Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global lawful interception market. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Ensure you remain competitive as innovations by existing key players to boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global lawful interception market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the lawful interception industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on revenue type and end-user. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global lawful interception market. The report will benefit:
- Every stakeholder involved in the lawful interception market.
- Managers within the Tech companies looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about the global lawful interception market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of global lawful interception market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
Developments in communication technology are the main factors accountable for the surge in lawful interception (LI) industry growth in the past few years. The rise in complexities in the communication systems has led to a rise in demand for LI processes. Few of the communication mediums that are predominantly intercepted comprise email, VoIP, MMS, NGN, telephony, images, and SMS. It is compulsory telecom & IT, providers, to support LI by adhering to the government norms for the same. The legal formalities vary following country and nation concerning lawful interception of communication data. Law Enforcement Agencies (LEAs) are required to have warrants for tracing the communication channels that are to be handed to the network operators before intercepting information over the communication channel. Thus, the LI market is anticipated to rise with a considerable growth rate over the forecast period.
Network technology Segment
Based on the network technology segment, the market is bifurcated into Digital Subscriber Line (DSL), Integrated Services for Digital Network (ISDN), Long Term Evolution (LTE), Public Switched Telephone Network (PSTN), Voice-Over-Internet Protocol (VoIP), Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN), Worldwide Interoperability for Microwave Access (WiMAX), and Others. In 2019, the WLAN gathered the highest market revenue and it is anticipated to govern the lawful interception market throughout the forecast period. However, the VoIP is anticipated to grow at a substantial growth rate over the forecast period. The major share of indirect revenue is likely to come from the North American region since the advancement of Information & Communication Technology is the highest within the region.
Based on the devices, the market is segmented into mediation devices, routers, intercept access point (IAP), gateways, switches, management servers, and others. The market for management servers is anticipated to possess the largest market share in 2019 since the data traffic is anticipated to increase significantly, thus, driving the interception activities on the IP packets in huge numbers.
Communication Content Segment
Based on the communication content segment, the market is bifurcated into voice communication, video, text messaging, facsimile, digital pictures, file transfer, and others. The voice communication segment gathered the largest market share and it is anticipated to govern the lawful interception market throughout the forecast period. However, digital pictures is anticipated to grow at a substantial growth rate over the forecast period.
The global lawful interception market is a wide range to North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and the Middle East & Africa. North America is considered a mature market in the lawful interception industry, owing to an outsized presence of an organization with the availability of technical expertise and advanced IT infrastructure. The US and Canada are the highest contributory countries to the expansion of the lawful interception market in North America.
The major players of the global lawful interception market are Utimaco GmbH, Vocal Technologies, AQSACOM, Inc., Verint, BAE Systems, Cisco Systems, Ericsson, Atos, SS8 Networks, Inc., Trovicor Networks, Matison, and others. The lawful interception market is fragmented with the existence of well-known global and domestic players across the globe.