Under the umbrella terms of security and software as a service (SaaS), identity as a service (IDaaS) empowers organizations to use single sign-on (SSO). It further uses SAML (Security Assertion Markup Language) and OIDC (OpenID Connect) for access control and authentication to deliver secure access. Identity as a service is the pioneer of the digital transformation for the organizations as it provides adaptive, flexible, and safe IT infrastructure.
The global identity as a service market size is anticipated to reach over USD 10 billion by 2025. This can be attributed to the growing security concerns among private as well as the public sector. Also, the growing need for the demand for cloud-based security services and solutions across various organizations is boosting global identity as a service market growth.
However, the high initial investment costs are likely to hamper the market growth. Furthermore, the integration of machine learning and artificial intelligence technologies with identity management solutions are anticipated to provide growth opportunities for the market in the upcoming years.
Key Segments of the Global Identity as a Service Market
Component Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- Advanced Authentication
- Audit, Compliance, and Governance
- Password Management
- Directory Services
- Single Sign-On
Enterprise Size Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- Large enterprises
- Small and Medium-Sized Enterprises
Industry Verticals Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- IT & Telecom
- Government & Defense
Regional Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- Rest of South America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global Identity as a service market. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Ensure you remain competitive as innovations by existing key players to boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global identity as a service market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the identity as a service industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on component, enterprise size, and industry vertical. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global identity as a service market. The report will benefit: Every stakeholder involved in the identity as a service market.
- Managers within the identity as a service industry looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about the global identity as a service market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of global identity as a service market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
Globally the numerous enterprises are implementing mobile as well as cloud solutions and services. Enterprises and businesses are shifting from conventional identity & access management solutions to advanced cloud-based solutions. Moreover, the majority of organizations have intricate IT environments that comprise a combination of SaaS, IaaS, and PaaS applications. Hence, such factors creating the demand for identity as a service solution. The identity as service solutions is proving to be very effective for small and medium enterprises that specifically operate their business in the cloud.
Based on the component segment, the market is divided into advanced authentication, provisioning, demand analysis, and forecasting, password management, directory services, and single sign-on. In the year 2019, the provisioning segment accounted for the highest market revenue and it is projected to hold the major market share over the forecast period. The growth of this segment is primarily accredited to the increasing need to systematize the de-provision & provision process of computing resources, and off-boarding & on-boarding process of employees.
Enterprise Size Segment
Based on the enterprise size, the market is segmented into small & medium-sized enterprises and large enterprises. The large enterprise's segment leads the market growth in 2019 and it is projected to hold its position during the forecast years. The market growth in this segment is mainly attributed to the increasing need for efficient identity management solutions. On the contrary, the small & medium-sized enterprises segment accounted for the highest growth and it is expected to hold its position over the forecast period.
Industry Vertical Segment
In terms of industry vertical segment, the market is segmented into BFSI, IT & telecom, healthcare, retail, education, government & defense, and others. The government & defense segment accounted for the major market share in 2019 and it is expected to do so throughout the forecast period. The growth of this segment is mainly accredited to increasing cyber-attacks on government and other public sector organizations to manipulate confidential data.
The North American region dominated the overall market in 2019 and it is projected to keep its position throughout the forecast period 2018-2025. The dominance of this region is mainly attributed to the increasing data breaches and cyber-attacks in this region. However, the Asia-Pacific region is projected to accumulate the highest growth during the forecast period due to the increasing need for cost-efficient identity security solutions.
The major players of the global identity as a service market are CA Technologies, SailPoint Technologies, Microsoft, IDaptive, OneLogin, Oracle, HCL Technologies, Google, Salesforce, and Gemalto. Moreover, the other prospective players in the identity as a service market are One Identity, Capgemini, Simeio Solutions, JumpCloud, and Ping Identity. The identity as a service market comprises well established local as well as global players. Also, the previously recognized market players are coming up with new and advanced strategic services to stay competitive in the global market.