Foodservice packaging, also recognized as single-use foodservice packaging products have seen growth over time and comprises wide-ranging packaging products, for instance, spoons, bowls, cups, plates, wraps, and so on. The global foodservice market comprises supermarkets, quick-service restaurants, and online food service are serving a large number of populations across the world.
Foodservice packaging is used to package processed and semi-processed food products. It provides service sectors such as takeaway restaurants, fast-food joints, restaurants, and catering services. It aids to maintain the quality, hygiene, and safety of food products. It offers heat resistance, stops the growth of microorganisms, and aids prolong the shelf-life of the food product. It keeps the food products from contamination instigated by microbes and aids catalytic activity in fresh food. It plays a vital role in preserving quality and keeping food safe throughout handling and conveyance. Foodservice packaging provides a selling medium to the foodservice suppliers and aids improve consumer satisfaction levels as well as data transmission. Manufacturers are progressively shifting from outdated packing solutions to bio-based solutions, eco-friendly, with the rising need to decrease pollution and left-over.
Key Segments of the Global Food Service Packaging Market
By Material Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion)
By Applications Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion)
- Alcoholic beverages
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- Fruits and vegetables
- Dairy products
- Bakery & Confectionery
- Meat & Poultry
By Packaging type Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion)
- Paper & Paperboard Packaging
- Flexible Packaging
- Rigid Packaging
Regional Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of the Middle East and Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global foodservice packaging market. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the Market.
- Ensure you remain competitive as innovations by existing key players to boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global foodservice packaging market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the foodservice packaging industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on material, Application, and packaging type. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global foodservice packaging market. The report will benefit:
- Every stakeholder is involved in the foodservice packaging market.
- Managers within the Tech companies looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about the global foodservice packaging market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of the global flexible plastic packaging market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
The demand for food packaging is growing at a high speed due to increasing people's interest in the intake of fresh food products with prolonged shelf-life and controlled superiority. This factor aids food packaging companies to design and develop innovative & safe packaging. On the other hand, a growing worldwide population puts further pressure on food production areas to implement improved food packaging solutions to decrease food waste.
Also, owing to the time limits confronted by the people, the demand for frozen, processed & semi-processed food products by people with greater nutritious value is on the upsurge. This leads to the huge demand for new alternatives in food packaging solutions such as packaging for easy-to-cook items, prepared meal kits with a microwavable film. Therefore the foodservice packaging companies are making significant funds for the growth of new and ground-breaking technologies for food packaging.
Over the past few years, the buyer demand for translucent and fewer packaging has improved as it allows visual authentication along with superior sustainability and product quality. A continuous increase in the number of food packaging materials and packaging technology is expected to drive the global foodservice packaging market.