Previously in 2018, the global fitness equipment market size was valued at USD 3.57 billion and expected to grow significantly over the forecast period. Rising awareness about health risks of a sedentary lifestyle, increasing obese population and government and enterprises promoting benefits of good health are the key factors to propel the global fitness equipment market by 2025.
Fitness equipment mainly consists of weightlifting machines, treadmills, stationary bikes, and others for physical exercise and are specifically used in a fitness club, home, hotels, gym, and corporate offices. Such equipment help maintains weight, reduce excessive fat and boost stamina.
The global Fitness Equipment market is anticipated to increase at a 3.4% CAGR to reach value $14.12 billion in 2031
The global fitness equipment market is anticipated to witness the fastest growing CAGR over the forecast period due to increasing consumer preference of fitness centers coupled with growing awareness regarding the health risks associated with a sedentary lifestyle. Moreover, increasing penetration of the key players of the market is coupled with several numbers of innovations in the fitness equipment.
Leading players of the global fitness equipment market include Precor, Brunswick Corporation, Core Health and Fitness LLC, Exigo, Johnson Health Tech Co. Ltd., TRU Fitness Technology Inc., Technogym S.p.A., Torque Fitness LLC, HOIST Fitness Systems, Inc., Rogue Fitness, GZ Fitness Equipment Co., LTD., BFT Fitness, Jerai Fitness, and Tuntari New Fitness B.V.
Fitness Equipment Market Scope
|Forecast Unit||Value (USD)|
|Revenue forecast in 2025||USD 4.52 billion|
|Segment Covered||Type, End User, Regions|
|Regions Covered||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle East & Africa, South America|
|Key Players Profiled||Brunswick Corporation, Exigo, Core Health and Fitness LLC, Precor, TRUE Fitness Technology, Inc and Johnson Health Tech Co. Ltd.|
Key segments of the global fitness equipment market
Product Overview, 2014 – 2025 (Revenue USD Million)
- Strength Training Equipment
- Cardiovascular Training Equipment
- Elliptical cross tanner
- Rowing machines
- Stationary bikes
- Other Training Equipment
End-user Overview, 2014 – 2025 (Revenue USD Million)
- Health Clubs/Gyms
- Home Consumers
- Others end user
- Hospitals & Medical Centers
- Public Institutions
Region Overview, 2014 – 2025 (Revenue USD Million)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- New Zealand
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Rest of the World
- Middle East
- South Africa
Reasons for the study
- The objective of the study is to present a detailed overview of the global fitness equipment market.
- We have been tracking the obesity index around the world and desired to understand its impact on the demand for fitness equipment.
- To understand the implementation of government, social and corporate initiatives that encourage for healthy lifestyle driving the demand for fitness equipment.
- We have been following the fitness equipment market and required to understand the technological advancement in cardio training machines and its penetration.
- During the course of the research on a regional and country level, we found the demand pattern of the fitness equipment.
What does the report include?
- Significant parameters that impact the market such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities have been discussed in detail in the report.
- The study analyzes the market dynamics using various tools including Porter’s Five Forces Model.
- In-depth analysis based on segmentation by type, end-user, and region which assist in estimating the market potential in the forecast period.
- Company profiles of the key players in the global fitness equipment market which include product offering, financial performance, and key strategic initiatives.
- In-depth study of silent features of cardio training equipment of the key players in the market.
- Analysis of trends that are likely to drive the market during the forecast period.
Who should buy this report?
This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global fitness equipment market, who want an in-depth insight into the movement of the worldwide fitness equipment industry. The report will benefit:
- Company’s looking to enter the commercial gym chain sector in the local or international market.
- Managers and CXOs of different industry such as hotels, hospitals, corporates and others who look to set up a club facility in their premises.
- Regional manufactures of fitness equipment, wanting to understand the global market potential.
- New players looking to enter into the fitness equipment market.
- Investors looking to understand market dynamics.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies of fitness equipment companies.
- Third party consulting
- Government, associations, forums and other institutions who want to understand the market.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) :
Connected devices are making every aspect hassle-free which is performed in routine life. The Internet of Things is helping us raise smarter kids, driving habits, and safer food. IoT combines fitness in numerous ways from coaching to exercise tracking to virtual-reality. Furthermore, the key players are focusing their IoT capabilities and devices on fitness to introduce better improvements to the market.
The demand for fitness equipment is anticipated to witness growth on account of the increase in the number of health and fitness chains all over the world. Well-established gym chains and fitness clubs are trying to expand their business in different regions. For example, Gold’s Gym has its presence in six continents and serving more than 700 locations. The gym is developing its business through franchises and partnerships across the world. According to the International Health, Racquet and Sports club Association (IHRSA) fitness has evolved as the fastest growing chain as over more than 300 new gyms has started their business for the last decade.
In terms of product, the global fitness equipment market is categorized into strength training equipment, cardiovascular training equipment, and other training equipment. Strength training types of equipment help the users build muscular strength which aids in building muscles. Strength training equipment has, therefore, become an essential part of all the commercial as well as other fitness clubs all over the world. In 2018, strength training equipment contributed 41% of market share by revenue and owing to its durability and benefits this segment of the global market is expected to grow at a fastest growing CAGR in the forecast period.
Based on the end-user industry, the global fitness equipment market is fragmented into health clubs/gyms, home consumers, and another end user such as hotels, corporates, hospitals & medical centers, public institutions.
The global fitness equipment market report is segmented into key regions, Asia Pacific (China, Australia, India, Japan, New Zealand, Rest of Asia Pacific), North America (Canada, US, Mexico), Europe (Spain, Germany, Italy, UK, France, Rest of Europe), Rest of the World (Brazil, South Africa, Middle East, Argentina, Egypt).
Discussing the geographical insights of North America, increasing obese population and high per-capita income has led to a higher adoption rate of fitness equipment. Due to the increasing concern of weight-loss and trend of lean body figure, the demand for fitness equipment market is in demand. There have been tremendous advancements in the cardiovascular devices with body vital trackers and software applications which can be easily connected to the smartphone devices.
Moreover, the U.S. is considered as the largest market for fitness equipment in North America owing to the large consumer base. Increasing awareness resulted in the country to maintain its position as a key market. For instance, the U.S. market is majorly driven by increasing health awareness, the rising popularity of social media, and hectic lifestyles.