Endpoint security is a central approach to protect servers, laptops, desktops, smartphones, endpoints, and other IoT devices linked to the corporate IT network from cyber threats. The endpoint security market comprises solutions that safeguard endpoints in organizations to defend them from threats such as inbound network intrusions and malware. The growing adoption of touch devices such as POS, tablets, and smartphones are driving the adoption of endpoint security solutions.
The global endpoint security market size is anticipated to reach nearly USD 18 billion by 2025. This can be attributed to the increasing demand for cost-effective endpoint security solutions. In addition, the growing BYOD trend in various enterprises is also one of the major reasons driving endpoint security market growth. Moreover, growing endpoint breaches and attacks are also driving the adoption of endpoint security solutions among the various organizations and industries.
However, the publicly available pirated and free endpoint security solutions are expected to hamper the market growth. Furthermore, the growing demand for integrated endpoint security software and infrastructure is expected to be opportunities for the market in the forthcoming years.
Key Segments of the Global Endpoint Security Market
Component Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- Intrusion Prevention
- Endpoint Application Control
- Endpoint Device Control
- Managed Services
- Professional Services
Enforcement Point Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- Mobile Devices
- Point of Sale Terminals
Industry Vertical Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- IT & Telecom
Regional Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- Rest of South America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global endpoint security market. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Ensure you remain competitive as innovations by existing key players to boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global endpoint security market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the endpoint security industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on component, enforcement point, and industry vertical. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global endpoint security market. The report will benefit: Every stakeholder involved in the endpoint security market.
- Managers within the endpoint security industry looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about the global endpoint security market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of the global endpoint security market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
The conventional endpoint security solutions are less effective against the quickly developing modern threats such as DDoS attacks, WannaCry, and Advanced Persistent Threats (APT). Moreover, the endpoint security market growth is accredited to the enormous adoption of connected devices, such as network devices, tablets, and smartphones in numerous industries to support their networks. Also, an increase in the number of cyber-attacks on such connected devices is also resulting in endpoint security solutions adoption. Moreover, integrating machine learning and artificial intelligence abilities can assist in the mitigation and detection of threats in real-time. Also, several industry players are designing advanced endpoint security software that can enhance management flexibility. Hence, such factors are driving the overall endpoint security market growth.
Based on the component segment, the market is divided into solutions and services. The solutions segment is further sub-segmented into, firewall, intrusion prevention, antivirus, endpoint application control, endpoint device control, and others. Also, the solutions segment is further divided into professional services and managed services. In 2019, the solution segment gathered the highest market revenue and it is projected to remain dominant throughout the forecast period. The dominance of this segment is primarily attributed to the growing need to detect and resolve increasing security threats. However, the services segment is projected to attain the highest growth during the forecast period.
Enforcement Point Segment
Based on the enforcement point, the market is segmented into mobile devices, point of sale terminals, workstations, servers, and others. The mobile devices segment held the market share in 2019 and it is projected to remain dominant throughout the forecast period. This segment mainly dominated due to the increasing adoption of mobile devices in developing regions.
Industry Vertical Segment
In terms of the industry vertical, the market is segregated into BFSI, retail, manufacturing, healthcare, IT & Telecom, others. In 2019, the IT & Telecom segment accounted for the highest market share. The dominance of this industry is primarily attributed to the increasing acceptance of the BYOD trend in this industry. On the contrary, the BFSI industry is likely to experience the highest growth among the other industries.
The North American region is anticipated to gather the highest market share during the forecast period. However, the Asia-Pacific region is anticipated to experience significant growth during the forecast period 2020-2025. The market growth in this region is mainly attributed to the stringent government regulations and significant investments made by countries such as Australia, China, India, Malaysia, and others to defend against cyber-threats.
The major players of the global endpoint security market are Symantec, Microsoft, Sophos, Kaspersky, CrowdStrike, TrendMicro, Cisco, FireEye, Palo Alto Networks, and Bitdefender. Moreover, the other potential players in the endpoint security market are Cylance, Fortinet, Panda Security, SentinelOne, and Check Point Software. The recognized companies are coming up with innovative and new endpoint security Solution solutions. For instance, in August 2019, FireEye launched two new endpoints and network security software solutions respectively named FireEye Endpoint Security 4.8 and FireEye Network Security 8.3. This software enables enhanced investigation and detection of advanced attacks on servers.