The global electronic manufacturing services market size is anticipated to reach USD 900 billion by 2028. The market is set to grow with a CAGR of 10% over the forecast period. This is mainly attributed to the growing demand for electronic manufacturing services from the telecom & IT, consumer electronics. automotive. aerospace & defence and industrial sectors. This factor is primarily driving the rapid growth in the global electronic manufacturing services market.
Electronic manufacturing services (EMS) are generally used for companies that provide a contribution in design, test, manufacture, and distribution. These services also include return/repair services for electronic components and assemblies for OEMs. Moreover, the market is majorly driven by demand from the end-user industry specifically in telecom & IT, consumer electronics, industrial, automotive, aerospace & defence. Growing demand for consumer electronics and relevant services are making the global electronic manufacturing market witness growth. An increase in the services centres of electronic devices further observed as a potential factor driving the growth of the global electronic manufacturing market.
Rising count of small and medium enterprises operating in electronic manufacturing services observed as a significant factor pushing the market for electronic manufacturing services. Growing count of industry players increasing the market competition and improving the quality of electronic manufacturing services. However, high prices associated with these services are somehow impacting the market growth on the global platform.
Key Segments of the Global Electronic Manufacturing Services Market
Services Overview, 2019-2028 (USD Million)
- Manufacturing & Production
End-User Industry Type Overview, 2019-2028 (USD Million)
- Telecom & IT
- Consumer electronics
- Aerospace & defense
Regional Overview, 2019-2028 (USD Million)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the electronic manufacturing services market. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Ensure you remain competitive as innovations by existing key players to boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global electronic manufacturing services market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the electronic manufacturing services market and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on Services, and End-User Industry. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global electronic manufacturing services market. The report will benefit:
- Every stakeholder involved in the electronic manufacturing services market.
- Managers within the tech companies looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about the global electronic manufacturing services market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of global electronic manufacturing services market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
The electronic manufacturing services market is primarily driven by the rising demand for electronic devices. Growing demand for consumer electronics and flourishing automotive sectors are largely driving the electronic manufacturing services market growth. Expanding manufacturing industry across nations further supporting the expansion of the electronic manufacturing services market on a global scale. For instance, Thailand holds efficient economic stability, competitive investment incentives, and comparatively well-developed infrastructure which have attracted a steady flow of manufacturing sector. Furthermore, Vietnam holds the advantage of being geographically close to China as it holds the wages of half of that China. However, Vietnam needs to bring improvements in several sectors of public life to keep economic development strong, especially within job skills improvement and education. Moreover, manufacturing in India has witnessed an exponential rate as it is considered as one of the highest growth sectors within the country. Several luxuries, automobiles brands, mobile phone, have established their manufacturing bases in the country. India’s manufacturing industry is still escalating steadily but training will need improvement to ensure that better fulfilment in the future.
By Services, the global electronic manufacturing services market is segmented into design, testing, manufacturing & production and others. The other segment encompasses all the other services involved in the electronic manufacturing industry. In terms of market share, the manufacturing & production segment has dominated the market and accounted for a high share in the global market share in 2020. It is further expected that the segment will expand at a high CAGR throughout the forecast period to reach the market value of USD XX million in 2026.
End-User Industry Analysis
Based on the end-user industry the global electronic manufacturing services market is fragmented into telecom & IT, consumer electronics, industrial, automotive, aerospace & defence. In 2020, Telecom & IT section contributed with the highest and estimated to project the fastest growing CAGR over the forecast period. The major driving factors influencing the growth of global electronic manufacturing services market includes the growing demand of networking devices, servers, moderns, notebooks, computers, routers, set-top box, printers, and 5G infrastructure. The technological advancements in telecom and shift in the IT sector are expected to further witness significant market growth in the coming years.
The global demand for electronic manufacturing services is split geographically into North America, Asia Pacific, Europe, South America, and the Middle East & Africa. The Asia Pacific region is estimated to dominate the market with a high market share in 2020 followed by North America and Europe having a notable market share in 2020. The presence of leading vendors, high demand for consumer electronics, and network services are primarily driving the growth of the electronic manufacturing services market across these regions.
Leading players of the global electronic manufacturing services market include Creation Technologies, Flextronics International, Integrated Microelectronics, Inc., Jabil Circuit, Inc., Key Tronic EMS, Celestica, Kimball Electronics, Inc., Plexus Corp, ESCATEC, Sanmina Corporation, Sparton Corporation, Foxconn, Venture Corporation Limited. Additionally, well-established companies such as Foxconn, Wistron, Flex, and Benchmark Electronics are expanding their production facilities and investing in new countries to meet the growing supply-demand gap.