The market size for global DDoS protection and mitigation is anticipated to reach USD 6 billion By 2028. The factors such as the rise in Distributed Denial-of-Service (DDoS) threats owing to the growing internet connectivity with a huge number of devices ranging from smartphone to IoT devices is anticipated to fuel the Distributed Denial-of-Service protection and mitigation industry growth. Furthermore, the increase in the implementation of hosted DDoS protection and mitigation solutions are likely to boost the market growth globally over the forecast period.
The DDoS protection & mitigation consists of effectively safeguarding the network and targeted server from a DDoS attack. These attacks target individuals and business systems directly, which might lead to huge personal and financial losses. The DDoS protection & mitigation comprises of procuring and managing the equipment that would filter the receiving traffic and capable of resisting the attack The cloud-based security services and designed network devices are used to moderate the incoming threat. It is applicable in the network, endpoint, database, and other applications.
Key Segments of the Global DDoS Protection and Mitigation Market
Component Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion)
Organization Size Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion)
- Large Enterprises
Deployment Type Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion)
End-User Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion)
- Telecom & IT
- Energy & Utilities
Regional Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global DDoS protection and mitigation market. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Ensure you remain competitive as innovations by existing key players to boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global DDoS protection and mitigation market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the DDoS protection and mitigation industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on organization type, component, deployment type, and end-user. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global DDoS protection and mitigation market. The report will benefit:
- Every stakeholder is involved in the DDoS protection and mitigation market.
- Managers within the Tech companies looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about the global DDoS protection and mitigation market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of global DDoS protection and mitigation market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
With the increase in the size, frequency, and advancement in DDoS attacks due to the availability of easy to use modules for such attacks has paved a way for the DDoS protection & mitigation industry growth in the past few years. Enterprises are also growingly concerned about the loss of goodwill and productivity when such attacks happen which impel them to adopt DDoS protection services within their system. The DDoS protection & mitigation industry is also driven owing to the rise in the number of mobile equipment and the advent of the IoT which compel the service providers to upgrade their current security defence systems and deploy sophisticated solutions provided By the vendors to retain continuity in services for their clients. However, complexity in the deployment and maintenance along with the high production cost of DDoS solutions are likely to hinder the industry growth, especially in the small & medium businesses.
The global DDoS protection and mitigation market contains hardware, software, and service segment. The software segment has a maximum revenue share within the global DDoS protection and mitigation market in 2019. This is predominantly owing to the capability to integrate with present systems and availability of deployment alternatives for various mobile devices. However, the services segment is anticipated to grow at a significant growth rate from 2020 to 2028.
Organization Size Segment
Based on the organization size segment, the market is bifurcated into two sub-segments that are small & medium, and large enterprise. In 2019, the large enterprise segment gathered the largest market revenue and it is anticipated to govern the DDoS protection and mitigation market throughout the forecast period. However, the small & medium segment is anticipated to grow at a substantial growth rate over the forecast period.
Based on the deployment segment, the market is bifurcated into the network, application, database, and endpoint. In 2019, the network segment gathered the largest market revenue and it is anticipated to dominate the market throughout the forecast period. However, the database segment is anticipated to grow at a substantial growth rate over the forecast period.
Based on the end-user, the market is segmented into BFSI, telecom & it, healthcare, energy & utilities, education, retail, and others. The market for the telecom & IT sector is anticipated to possess the largest market share in 2019 since the Tech companies today are predominantly developing to match their user needs. Moreover, the industry’s rising need for streamlined business processes coupled with enhanced customer satisfaction, as well as advantages such as risk management, and customized solutions are some of the factors responsible for the DDoS protection and mitigation demand.
The global DDoS protection and mitigation market is a wide range to North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and the Middle East & Africa. North America is considered a mature market in the DDoS protection and mitigation applications, owing to an outsized presence of an organization with the availability of technical expertise and advanced IT infrastructure. The US and Canada are the highest contributory countries to the expansion of the DDoS protection and mitigation market in North America.
The major players of the global DDoS protection and mitigation market are NETSCOUT, Imperva, Radware, Cloudflare, Akamai Technologies, Link11, Nexusguard, Fortinet, Huawei Technologies, A10 Networks, Flowmon Networks, Verisign, StackPath, and more. The DDoS protection and mitigation market is fragmented with the existence of well-known global and domestic players across the globe.