The dermatology devices market was valued at USD 8.6 billion in 2017 globally, growing at a CAGR of 11.4% during the forecast period from 2018–2025. The growth of the global dermatology devices market was majorly due to growing desire among people for youthful look, increasing incidence of various skin disorders, growing preference for non-invasive or minimally invasive surgeries and technological advancements. People are becoming conscious about their appearance and for the skin diseases caused due to sun exposure. Various skin diseases such as psoriasis, scars, skin cancer, acne, pigment, varicose veins, and vascular lesions are treated with the use of dermatological devices. Dermatology devices are used by dermatologists and surgeons for diagnosing the skin disorders with accuracy.
Rising incidence of skin diseases such as non-melanoma skin cancer and melanoma, vascular and pigmented lesions, psoriasis, varicose veins, and acne; coupled with increasing awareness amongst the patient population have triggered the market for dermatology treatment and diagnostic devices. Vascular lesions, a common skin disorder in developing economies has the highest incidence, thus, high incidence would positively impact the growth of dermatology diagnostic devices. On the other hand, increasing demand for aesthetic surgeries is pushing up the market for treatment devices. Technical advancements in diagnostic devices and treatment devices had a positive impact on the global dermatology devices market. The major factor affecting the treatment devices market is the competition faced by low cost manufacturers based in China, India, and Italy. These manufacturers market their products at 60% lower costs not only instigating price war amongst manufacturers but, at the same time, depressing the value of the market; even though these devices have comparatively lesser life. One way to overcome these price barriers and remain competitive in the market is that of key players opting to offer wider applications with the same device.
Technological advancement such as increasing uptake of mobile technology is one of the growing trend observed in dermatology devices market. Mobile technology has been able to generate a potential market in the field of dermatology. A mobile captures an image and the patient can share across the image directly to the healthcare professional for preliminary check-up. Increasing uptake of the mobile technology helps the dermatologists and professionals to reach out to the people from rural areas as well. Emerging countries such as India, China, Russia, Brazil has a huge base of mobile users, it been observed that more than 1 people in these economies use mobile. Thus, there is a huge scope for the development and uptake of tele-dermatology in the emerging economies.
North America dominated the global dermatology devices market in 2017, with a share of more than 48%. Factors supporting the growth of the dermatology devices in North America are increasing number of people getting diagnosed with various skin disorders such as acne, skin cancer and others. Thus, with the increasing need for skin diagnosis of diseases such as non-melanoma and melanoma skin cancers, healthcare professionals are making use of dermatological devices for the analysis of the skin. In the North American region, there are increasing number of people suffering from various skin diseases such as psoriasis and non-melanoma skin cancer. More than 3.5 million people were diagnosed with non-melanoma skin diseases, 1/5th of the total geriatric population suffer from the same disease and more than 5.8 million people are diagnosed with psoriasis, a chronic skin disorder. Thus, increasing number of people getting affected by these diseases are propelling the growth of dermatological devices in the region.
The market for dermatology devices is facing stiff competition from low cost dermatology device manufacturers from emerging economies. The manufacturers in these countries market their products at a low price which is about 60% to 70% less as compared to other prominent players. These low-cost devices have an average life of 4 years to 5 years as opposed to about 10 years of the devices marketed by the key players. In spite of the difference between the average lives of these devices, the low-cost devices pose a significant risk to the dermatology devices market especially in price sensitive markets and some parts of Europe. dermatology devices market.Hitachi, Toshiba, Carl Zeiss, Leica Microsystems, Nikon, Olympus, Alma Lasers, Heine, GE Healthcare, Philips Healthcare and others are the prominent players operating in the global
Dermatology Devices Market Scope
|Forecast Unit||Value (USD)|
|Revenue forecast in 2025||USD 3.57 billion|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of 11.6% during 2021-2028|
|Segment Covered||Product, Application, Regions|
|Regions Covered||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific,Latin America,Middle East and Africa|
|Key Players Profiled||Hitachi, Toshiba, Carl Zeiss, Leica Microsystems, Nikon, Olympus, Alma Lasers, Heine, GE Healthcare, Philips Healthcare and others are the prominent players operating in the global|
Key segments of the global dermatology devices market
Device Type Overview, 2015-2025 (USD Million)
- Diagnostic Devices
- Imaging Devices
- Treatment Devices
- Electrosurgery Equipment
- Cryotherapy Devices
- LED Light Therapy Devices
- Liposuction Devices
Regional Overview, 2015-2025 (USD Million)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- South America, Middle-East & Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of the World
Reasons for the study
• The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global dermatology devices industry.
• We have been following the overall segmentation of dermatology devices market. Increasing number of people diagnosed with skin diseases and technological advancements are expected to drive the market growth.
• Rising awareness and increasing disposable income are also the prominent factors supporting the growth of the global dermatology devices market.
What does the report include?
• The study on the global dermatology devices market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
• Additionally, the market has been evaluated using the value chain and Porter’s Five Forces analysis
• The study covers qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of devices and region. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
• Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments
• The study includes the profiles of key players in the market with a significant global and/or regional presence
Who should buy this report?
This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the dermatology devices Industry. The report will benefit:
• Executives of dermatology devices companies that are engaged in the distribution and marketing
• Managers within financial institutions looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics pertaining to dermatology devices.
• Venture capitalist looking into investing capital
• Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers and financial organizations looking for innovative solutions.
• Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies