The global dental consumables market was valued at USD 28.5 billion in 2019 and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7% over the forecast period. Throughout both emerging and industrialized countries, the prevalence of cosmetic dentistry is growing dramatically, largely due to evolving habits and increasing emphasis on dental aesthetics, which in effect generates a greater market for cosmetic procedures such as polishing, whitening, orthodontic treatments, and restoration techniques.
The global dental consumables market is categorized based on product, and end-users. Region wise, North America was the largest market in 2019; however, Asia Pacific is expected to be the fastest growing region by 2028, with a CAGR of over 7% owing to growing population coupled with rising government initiatives towards oral health.
Key players serving the global dental consumables market include Institut Straumann AG, Dentsply Sirona, 3M, Zimmer Biomet Holdings, Inc., Henry Schein, Inc., KURARAY CO., LTD., Keystone Dental, Ivoclar Vivadent AG, Cam Bioceramics B.V., Datum Dental Ltd. among other prominent players.
Key segments of the global dental consumables market
Product Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion)
- Infection Control
- Whitening Products
End-Users Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion)
- Hospitals & Clinics
Regional Overview, 2018-2028 (USD Billion)
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global Dental Consumables industry
- The overall segmentation of Dental Consumables market, especially key segments are thoroughly studied.
- Presence of major players and their wide product portfolio across developed countries is anticipated to further boost the growth of Dental Consumables market
What does the report include?
- The study on the global dental consumables market includes analysis of qualitative market indicators such as drivers, restraints, challenges and opportunities
- Additionally, the market competition has been evaluated using the Porter’s five forces analysis
- The study covers qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of applications, product, technology and end user. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the considered segments
- The study includes the profiles of key players in the market with a significant global and/or regional presence
Who should buy this report?
- The report on the global dental consumables market is suitable for all the players across the value chain including raw material suppliers, dental consumables providers, manufacturers, distributors, suppliers and retailers
- Venture capitalists and investors looking for more information on the future outlook of the global dental consumables market
Consultants, analysts, researchers, and academicians looking for insights shaping the global dental consumables market
The global oral care industry has gained from the rising geriatric population over the past few years, a growing emphasis on oral health among the global population, rising emerging economies, and technological advancements happening across the global dental industry. Some of the largest businesses in the sector have bought smaller firms to boost their product offerings, extend their regional reach, or penetrate new markets. The mergers, acquisitions, and consolidation have helped the market leaders to boost profit margins over the past year.
The rising adoption of advanced technologies has also helped in exploring fresh revenue pockets across the entire dental industry. Their application enhanced dental practitioners’ efficiency and precision. Regarding the next round of development on the dental consumables industry, market analysts look to high-end dental technologies, with the two most prominent fields being 3D printing and dental lasers. Since 3D printing technologies are suitable for the production of realistic and precise digital functional structures, 3D dental printing enables dentists to conduct restorative procedures with great precision, high quality, and reduced patient traumas.
The global dental consumables market has been segmented based on product, and end-users. The demand for dental consumables is expected to grow in the long run driven by the growing awareness about oral healthcare. As more people opt for cosmetic changes and focus on the prevention of dental ailments, the market is beginning to witness introduction of procedures and products that aim at reducing patient discomfort. Patients and dentists are increasingly adopting dental membrane materials, tissue regeneration and dental bone graft materials as highly advanced versions of these products continue to be developed.
The general demand for dental consumables is segmented across regions into North America, Americas, Asia Pacific, Latin America and Middle East & Africa. North America and Europe have historically controlled the demand for dental products, while Asia Pacific is anticipated to witness highest growth over the forecast period. The biggest driver in developed nations has been an aging population with increasing needs for dental care. Dental health is important for senior citizens as they are likely to suffer from gum disease, which is often associated with more significant health problems. The same generational transition has contributed to rising competition for cosmetic dentistry.