Container security is the process of protection that ensures the reliability of containers. It encompasses everything from the infrastructure to applications on which containers depend on. The container security for the organizations is about, securing the container deployment infrastructure and environment(s), securing the container application & the pipeline, and enhancing present security policies and incorporating with enterprise security tools.
The global container security market size is projected to reach USD 2,325 million by 2025. This can be attributed to the rising number of cyberattacks and data breaches. Also, the growing awareness about digital transformation and microservices among numerous organizations is boosting global container security market growth.
However, the low adoption across small & medium enterprises due to low budgets is likely to hamper the market growth. Furthermore, the Integration of ML and AI technologies with container security solutions are anticipated to be opportunistic for the market. Additionally, the growing adoption of cloud-based containers among various industries is also anticipated to provide growth opportunities for the market in forthcoming years.
Key Segments of the Global Container Security Market
Component Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- Support and Maintenance
- Deployment and Integration
- Training and Consulting
Enterprise Size Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- Large enterprises
- Small and Medium Enterprises
Industry Verticals Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- IT & Telecom
- Government & Defense
Regional Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- Rest of South America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global container security market. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Ensure you remain competitive as innovations by existing key players to boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global container security market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the container security industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on component, enterprise size, and industry vertical. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global container security market. The report will benefit: Every stakeholder involved in the container security market.
- Managers within the container security industry looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about the global container security market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of the global Container Security market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
The container security and container platforms are the sub-segments under the cloud management platform market. The cloud market that struggled to gain momentum in the last decade is now experiencing significant adoption globally. However, the container security market is highly consolidated due to the selected number of vendors that offer container security solutions globally. Also, the market is still emerging as the organizations are still having doubts and lack the knowledge about the technology. However, the market is expected to gain huge traction in forthcoming years as cloud adoption and cloud management solutions and services are experiencing significant adoption globally.
Based on the component segment, the market is divided into platforms and services. The services segment is further classified into support and maintenance, deployment and integration, and training and consulting services. In the year 2019, the platform segment accounted for the highest market revenue and it is projected to hold the major market share over the forecast period. The growth of this segment is primarily accredited to the increasing need to get extensive visibility into container activity, enable automation, and prevent the containers from suspicious attacks. On the contrary, the service segment accounted for the highest growth and it is expected to hold its position over the forecast period.
Enterprise Size Segment
Based on the enterprise size, the market is segmented into small & medium enterprises and large enterprises. The large enterprise's segment leads the market growth in 2019 and it is projected to hold its position during the forecast years. The market growth in this segment is primarily attributed to the growing investment by large enterprises into container security platform services. On the contrary, the small & medium enterprises segment accounted for the highest growth and it is expected to hold its position over the forecast period.
Industry Vertical Segment
In terms of industry vertical segment, the market is segmented into BFSI, IT & telecom, healthcare, retail, government & defense, and others. The BFSI segment accounted for the major market share in 2019 and it is expected to do so throughout the forecast period. The growth of this segment is mainly accredited to increasing regulations in the finance industry. However, the IT & Telecom segment is projected to accumulate major growth in forthcoming years.
The North American region dominated the overall market in 2019 and it is projected to keep its position throughout the forecast period 2018-2025. The dominance of this region is mainly attributed to the increasing adoption of container security among several industries to increase business productivity and sustain their position in the market. However, the Asia-Pacific region is projected to accumulate the highest growth during the forecast period due to the increasing need for cost-efficient identity security solutions.
The major players of the global container security market are Qualys, Aporeto, Alert Logic, NeuVector, Docker, Anchore, Red Hat, Thales Group, Google, and Trend Micro. Moreover, the other prospective players in the container security market are Twistlock, Aqua Security, CloudPassage, Guardicore, and Black Duck. The container security market comprises well established local as well as global players. Also, the previously recognized market players are coming up with new and advanced strategic services to stay competitive in the global market.