The market size for global configuration management is anticipated to reach at USD 4 billion by 2025. The adoption of cloud-based configuration within the organizations have increased in the past few years. Also, benefits such as low maintenance expenses and deployment cost, and remote access are likely to fuel the adoption of configuration management solutions.
Configuration management tracks modifications to make sure that the configurations are in a verified and trusted state. It maintains a precise historical record that enables in auditing information, repairing, and project management. Additionally, configuration management enhances efficiency, visibility, and stability that occur in an applications, and facilitates to streamline change control process.
Key Segments of the Global Configuration Management Market
Component Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
Module Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- Configuration Management Database (CMDB)
- Service Catalog
- Service Definition
Application Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- Government & Public Sector
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
- Retail & Consumer Packaged Goods
- Telecom and IT
Regional Overview, 2018-2025 (USD Billion)
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Middle East and Africa
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East and Africa
- South America
- Rest of South America
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global configuration management market. Benchmark yourself against the rest of the market.
- Ensure you remain competitive as innovations by existing key players to boost the market.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global configuration management market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- The study covers the competitive landscape of existing/prospective players in the configuration management industry and their strategic initiatives for the product development
- The study covers a qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented based on component, module, and application. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments.
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the global configuration management market. The report will benefit:
- Every stakeholder involved in the configuration management market.
- Managers within the Tech companies looking to publish recent and forecasted statistics about the global configuration management market.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers, and organizations looking for investments in trends of global configuration management market.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies.
The demand for configuration management (CM) market globally to witnessed a considerable growth in the coming five years. In the recent years, DevOps has undergone from a fringe movement to a needed entity for any IT organization. Tasks that include deploying applications, provisioning environments, and maintaining infrastructures, were conventionally performed manually. To eradicate element of manual error related with these tasks, the configuration management tools were introduced. CM technological space has developed substantially in the last few years and the industry is likely to evolve in the future too. The present mainstream solutions are unforgiving, complicated and complex to maintain. Thus, the configuration management is projected to endure as one of the key concerns for all the DevOps teams over the next five to seven years.
The global configuration management market contains both solution and service segment. The solution segment has maximum revenue share within the global configuration management market in 2019. However, the services segment is anticipated to grow at a significant growth rate from 2020 to 2025.
Based on the module segment, the market is bifurcated into configuration management database (CMDB), service catalog, service definition, and others. In 2019, the configuration management database segment gathered the largest market revenue and it is anticipated to govern the configuration management market throughout the forecast period. However, the service catalogue segment is anticipated to grow at a substantial growth rate over the forecast period.
Based on the application, the market is segmented into BFSI, government & public sector, healthcare & life sciences, manufacturing , retail & consumer packaged goods, telecom and IT, others. The market for telecom & IT sector is anticipated to possess the largest market share in 2019 since the Tech companies today are predominantly developing to match their user needs. Moreover, the growing regulatory scrutiny coupled with enhanced customer satisfaction, as well as advantages such as risk management, and customized solutions are some of the factors responsible for the configuration management demand.
The global configuration management market is a wide range to North America, Europe, APAC, South America, and the Middle East & Africa. North America is considered a mature market in the configuration management applications, owing to an outsized presence of organization with the availability of technical expertise and advanced IT infrastructure. The US and Canada are the highest contributory countries to the expansion of the configuration management market in North America.
The major players of the global configuration management market are Microsoft, AWS, Oracle, BMC Software, IBM, Alibaba Cloud, CA Technologies, Puppet, Ansible, Chef, Micro Focus, CloudBees, Northern Tech AS, Canonical, and more. The configuration management market is fragmented with the existence of well-known global and domestic players across the globe.