In 2017, the global conductive polymer market size was valued at USD 3.64 Billion. Due to increasing awareness towards protecting electronic devices medium from electromagnetic interference (EMI), electrostatic discharge (ESD), radio frequency interface (RFI), has resulted to expand the global conductive polymer market size. Moreover, accelerated manufacture of electrical vehicle have a positive impact in the market.
Growing importance of electronics devices with reduced sound levels because of tight laws obligatory to manage pollution is anticipated to lead patrons procuring semi conductive plastics as well as ABS and PPS in situ of typical metals and ceramics. Rising importance of ionic polymers in industry on account of providing supreme dimensional stability yet pretty much as good conducting characteristics is anticipated to stay a favorable issue. These materials are electro active in nature and used for providing characteristics including smart optical property, efficient mechanical flexibility and high thermal stability. ABS, polycarbonates (PC), polyphenylene rosin, nylon, synthetic resin terephthalate (PPS) and polyvinylidene chloride (PVC) are the majorly used product.
Leading players of the global conductive polymer market include 3M, Solvay SA, KEMET, Celanese, Hyperion Catayst International, Heraeus, Covestro and SABIC. Heavy reliance on rock oil costs is anticipated to stay a difficult issue for manufacturers. Development in electronics sectors of China, Japan, and Asian country is projected to force industry participants to ascertain their production units within the neck of the woods.
Conductive Polymer Market Scope
|Forecast Unit||Value (USD)|
|Revenue forecast in 2025||USD 7.06 billion|
|Segment Covered||Product, Application, Regions|
|Regions Covered||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Middle-East & Africa, Latin America|
|Key Players Profiled||Sterling Fibers, Agfa-Gevaert N.V., SABIC, Bayer Material Science, Milliken & Company, Ormecon GmbH, Geo-Tech Polymers, RTP Company, Celanese Corporation, and Solvay.|
Key segments of the global conductive polymer market
Product Overview, 2015-2025 (USD million) (Kilo tons)
- Polyphenylene-based Resins
- Inherently Conductive Polymers (ICP)
Application Overview, 2015-2025 (USD million) (Kilo tons)
- Actuators & Sensors
- Anti-Static Packaging
- Solar energy
Regional Overview, 2015-2025 (USD million) (Kilo tons)
- North America
- United Kingdom
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- South America
- Middle East & Africa
Reasons for the study
- The study assesses the dynamics and movement of the global conductive polymer market across various geographies
- While studying the global conductive polymer market, we observed that the demand for its products was tremendous in North America
- The market is fragmented and major players have their presence across the globe. The companies, as a strategic step are opening new innovation center and product development to meet the global demand
What does the report include?
- The report focuses on conductive polymer market product types and its application industries.
- The study on the global conductive polymer market includes qualitative factors such as value chain analysis, drivers, and restraints and comparatives landscape
- The study covers qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of conductive polymer types, application. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments
- The study includes the profiles of key players in the market with a significant global and/or regional presence
Who should buy this report?
- The report on the global conductive polymer market is suitable for all the players across the value chain including industries such as building & construction, packaging and automobiles.
- Venture capitalists and investors looking for more information on the future outlook of the global conductive polymer market
- Consultants, analysts, researcher, and academicians looking for insights shaping the global conductive polymer market.
In July 2015, the govt. of India launched the “Digital India Campaign” aimed toward guaranteeing web property together with upscaling the assembly output in digital physical science on a domestic level. This initiative is predicted to play a prominent role in promoting the assembly of electronic digital merchandise together with smartphones, the online camera, and tablets that area unit seemingly to open new opportunities for the market over consequent eight years.
Growing awareness of light-weight materials within the automotive industry on account of skyrocketing awareness towards improvement in fuel economy is predicted to push the employment of ABS and PPS in wiring systems as conducting materials. Moreover, increasing defense expenditure by governments within the Middle East and North America is predicted to spice up the assembly output of military craft on a domestic level that is meant to push the usage of those materials over the forecast amount.
Increasing costs of raw materials together with propenonitrile, bisphenol A, gas associate degreed vinyl polymer in light-weight of reduced inventory levels is predicted to own an adverse impact on the market. Moreover, rising demand for piezoceramics in physical science is projected to create a reputable threat to the semi conductive polymers industry.
By product overview, the global conductive polymer market is categorized into ABS, Polyphenylene-based Resins, Polycarbonates, Inherently Conductive Polymers (ICP), Nylon, and others.
Based on application, the others phase is projected to grow at a significant CAGR between 2017 and 2025. Other phase includes star cells, textiles, OLEDs, light-weight heat sinks, etc. Rising demand for biosensors in medical applications; increasing demand for biosensors in medical applications; light-weight heat sinks in microchips; OLEDs in lighting application; batteries; and star cells fuelling the conductive polymers market growth across the globe. Rising demand for chemistry actuators on account of being extremely compatible with subtle semiconductor devices is anticipated to extend the need for these materials.
Discussing the regional overview, the global conductive polymer is wide range to North America, US, Canada, Mexico, Europe, United Kingdom, Germany, France, Asia Pacific, India, China, Japan, South Korea, Latin America, Brazil, and Middle East & Africa.
In terms of volume, Asia Pacific is projected to witness the quickest growth of CAGR from 2017 to 2025. The rise of the automotive business in China and India as a results of new product launches by corporations along with Volkswagen coupled with regulative inclination to market investments in the sector is predicted to encourage the usage of semiconducting plastic materials in engine boxes and wire hose.
North America releases a steady growth of the globe volume market share in 2015. The high adoption rate of electro active polymers in physical science, solar power, tending and automotive industries in lightweight of the vast potential of R&D infrastructure within the U.S. and North American country is predicted to own a positive impact.