Previously in 2017, the global bioplastic packaging market size was valued at USD 4.03 billion and anticipated to project rise at an exponential rate over the forecast period. With the increasing consumer awareness and heading critically towards environment friendly products due to compulsory need for ecological and reasonable packaging solution for various verticals especially in food and beverages the global bioplastic packaging market is estimated to witness an impressive growth in the coming years.
Bioplastic is believed to be a group of biodegradable polymers which can primarily produce from renewable sources. The synthetically derived plastics are losing the traction as the use may hamper imbalance and health hazards to the environment. The conventional plastics have been preferred nearly in all industries and from a very long time period and their degradation is creating a high level of concern. Resulting this, many countries have banned the usage and production of conventional plastics. The manufacturing of bioplastics includes cellulose and corn starch and natural polymer chains in agricultural for easy production.
Leading players of the global bioplastic packaging market include BASF SE, Koninklijke DSM, NatureWorks, LLC, Metabolix, The Dow Chemical Company, Mitsubishi Plastics Inc., Novamont S.p.A, Braskem SA, and ECM BioFilms.
Bioplastic Packaging Market Scope
|Forecast Unit||Value (USD)|
|Revenue forecast in 2025||USD 28.5 billion|
|Growth Rate||CAGR of over 27.6% during 2015-2025|
|Segment Covered||Product, Application, Regions|
|Regions Covered||North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East & Africa|
|Key Players Profiled||BASF SE, Koninklijke DSM, NatureWorks, LLC, Metabolix, The Dow Chemical Company, Mitsubishi Plastics Inc., Novamont S.p.A, Braskem SA, and ECM BioFilms.|
Key segments of the global bioplastics packaging market
Raw Material Overview, 2015-2025 (Kilo Tons) (USD Million)
- Other Non-Biodegradable
- Starch Blend
Product Overview, 2015-2025 (Kilo Tons) (USD Million)
Application Overview, 2015-2025 (Kilo Tons) (USD Million)
- Plastic Bottle
- Food Packaging
Regional Overview, 2015-2025 (Kilo Tons) (USD Million)
- North America
- Rest of North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- Southeast Asia
- Rest of Asia Pacific
- Latin America
- Rest of Latin America
- Middle East & Africa
- GCC Countries
- South Africa
- Rest of Middle East & Africa
Reasons for the study
- The purpose of the study is to give an exhaustive outlook of the global bioplastics packaging market industry.
- We have been following the overall segmentation of bioplastics packaging especially, the rigid segment. This sector has been gaining immense importance, as a key fragment of the bioplastics packaging market. Globally, rigid and flexible segment has tremendous growth potential in tandem with the increase in food and beverages industries.
- While conducting research on the energy storage systems on regional and country level, we noticed that the use of starch blend biopolymer holds a significant share in the market which is expanding and being recognized for its value. The use of conventional plastics over a long period of time until now may be a limitation for the expansion and usage of bioplastics.
What does the report include?
- The study on the global bioplastics packaging market includes qualitative factors such as drivers, restraints, and opportunities
- Additionally, the market has been evaluated using the value chain and Porter’s Five Forces’ analysis
- The study covers qualitative and quantitative analysis of the market segmented on the basis of type, application and region. Moreover, the study provides similar information for the key geographies.
- Actual market sizes and forecasts have been provided for all the above-mentioned segments
- The study includes the profiles of key players in the market with a significant global and/or regional presence
Who should buy this report?
- This study is suitable for industry participants and stakeholders in the bioplastics packaging market. The report will benefit:
- Executives of bioplastics manufacturing companies that are engaged in the providing environmental friendly products.
- Government organizations, regulatory authorities, policymakers and financial organizations looking for innovative solutions for promoting the use of bioplastics.
- Analysts, researchers, educators, strategy managers, and academic institutions looking for insights into the market to determine future strategies
Statistics show that plastics are presently the third most ordinarily preferred product from the oil and gas business. Most of the countries are prohibiting the utilization of typical plastic baggage. Large deposits of plastics in the ocean are answerable for the big scale death of marine and aerial species to either intake or by obtaining stuck in them. Nations, people, and personal agencies are protesting terribly powerfully against the big scale use of plastics, whereas promoting the utilization of perishable plastics, or bioplastics. Bioplastics are often factory-made from present chemical compound chains in potatoes, polysaccharide, agricultural waste, and corn starch. These plastics are utterly perishable, and have a shorter lifetime than typical plastics, and are already in massive scale use in care and prescription agriculture, packaging textiles, and drugs.
Bioplastics are developed to eliminate the issues caused by typical plastics. Bioplastics square measure made up of perishable feedstock, which implies they will degrade into the soil like all different organic matter. The global bioplastic packaging market has been efficiently driven with the increasing awareness among the worldwide population regarding the hostile effects of typical plastics, that has semiconductor diode to each customers and regulative bodies decide on bioplastics. Bio-PET and polylactic acid are the key important types of bioplastics used for packaging round the world.
Based on the raw material, the global bioplastic packaging market is classified into PET, PE, OtherNon-Biodegradable, PBAT, PBS, PLA, PHA, and Starch Blend. Based on the product overview, the global bioplastic packaging market is categorized into rigid and flexible.
Based on the application overview, the global bioplastic packaging market is fragmented into plastic bottle, food packaging, and others. Packaging segment influence the maker in terms of application and is anticipated to be considered as the fastest growing application over the forecast period. Bioplastics are usually used in the packaging industry for pharmaceuticals packaging, goods packaging, and food packaging. It is used in good amount in the single-use packaging materials such as carry bags. Additionally, increasing awareness about the environment pollution and sanction on conventional plastics further boost the growth of the bioplastics market.
Looping on to the regional overview, the global bioplastic market is wide range to North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, and MEA. It has been confirmed that Europe stand on top of the market followed by North America accounting for 32.2% of the total market share. The penetration of bioplastic packaging in the region has moved past its peak, thereby, expecting to witness high scope for growth.
Moreover, Europe is on the urge to drive the global bioplastics packaging market with increasing demand for more sophisticated biopolymers by 2025. With the increasing demand, environmental concerns has to lessen the dependency on fossil resources. Furthermore, Asia Pacific has also influenced the global bioplastic packaging market with the largest market share followed by Europe and North America.